Backyard Theater Forum
December 15, 2017, 03:11:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
88 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 03:11:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official OOC (O'Shea Outdoor Cinema) Thread  (Read 64471 times)
Mao

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 03:21:49 pm »

Believe it or not, it's regular old sprinkler wire from Lowe's! It's run from the amp inside the house (all my equipment other than the projector is inside the house). It's simply run under the rocks outside of the edging (which we'll probably replace next year).

Backyard Theater - Featured Member" border="0
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 04:13:10 pm »

Wow! I have heard about running speaker using sprinkler wire before. Isn't there some limit to what speakers they can drive though?

Mao

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 04:53:05 pm »

Not sure....ran a pair of midsize rock speakers for the first 6 years, then just added bigger ones late last summer.

Towndrunk

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 05:11:43 pm »

Not sure....ran a pair of midsize rock speakers for the first 6 years, then just added bigger ones late last summer.

Do you leave your rock speakers out all season long?  I'm looking for something that I can leave out, and I was just wondering what you do.  Are they loud enough?  If so, which brand are they if you don't mind me asking.
Mao

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2013, 05:53:34 pm »

Got them from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007U2GWRG/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 <-- These things are solid, heavy and deliver some power!

My philosophy is that, given my location and the proximity of my neighbors, I'm not about to invest in an amazing aural experience for what I believe should be kind of like the drive-in experience.

I don't need 5.1, I don't need a subwoofer...I proudly stand by my humble Dolby Stereo setup!

That said, I think they sound great! I really put them through a workout last weekend and they came through with flying colors. Bass response is solid.

And, yes, they stay out all year in the Colorado winters and summers. One of the two smaller speakers that I blew last year had been out for 6 six years straight, and that after moving them from another location. I love simply hitting the speaker switch, running power and a long video cable to the projector, hanging the screen and I'm ready to go. Again, I build all my shows in advance on DVDs and run them from a Blu-Ray player inside that I use in my living room setup. Full HD is clearly the next phase, but for now, I've never had complaints about the old 480p Optoma workhorse.

All in all, I think a very worthwhile investment if you're not too picky about sound and want something easy.

Towndrunk

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2013, 07:55:42 pm »

Got them from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007U2GWRG/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 <-- These things are solid, heavy and deliver some power!

My philosophy is that, given my location and the proximity of my neighbors, I'm not about to invest in an amazing aural experience for what I believe should be kind of like the drive-in experience.

I don't need 5.1, I don't need a subwoofer...I proudly stand by my humble Dolby Stereo setup!

I have been looking for something that I can leave out all year, and sound decent.  Right now I'm using a set of speakers that I inherited from the father of my first wife, powered by a Sony reciever I bought when I graduated high school. . . . a long time ago.  The speakers were the first set of speakers that he had when he was younger.  They are solid wood, and sound decent, but OLD.  I would like to move in the direction you have headed.  Have equipment inside, speakers I can leave out, and make my screen easier to set up.  I may have to check out those speakers from Amazon.  Can't beat the price.
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2013, 08:06:32 pm »

i've bought my current outdoor speakers from outdoorspeakerdepot.com. mainly because they were local and i picked up the next day. i dont leave them out either plus i didnt want that rock speaker look because i wanted the speakers up higher. so it'd look weird with a rock speaker at ear level.

Mao

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2016, 07:14:14 pm »

Wow!

It's been so long since I've posted here, but just had to come in because we're launching our 10th season tonight with a 30th Anniversary screening of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".

Putting the finishing touches on the OOC now. Beautiful warm day for it! Couldn't ask for better opening night weather!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: