Backyard Theater Forum
December 17, 2017, 12:36:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
101 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 12:36:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halloween 2007 - What's your plan?  (Read 35377 times)
victor-eyd

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2007, 11:03:34 pm »

Unlike last year's pj extravaganza, I'm probably going low-key for this halloween (yeah, right Roll Eyes). However, I'd like to hear what everyone else is planning, whether its a party or a front lawn projection.

Victor
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 05:10:14 pm by victor-eyd » Logged

Big Screen Outdoors
kissinger645

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 01:31:20 pm »

Wow!  You are on it!  I'm not even trying to think about Halloween yet!   Grin
kelemvor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 05:45:37 pm »

Oh no!  Not already...  It's only July.

twig

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 11:18:15 pm »

I've been thinking about Halloween since last year. I used my outdoor speaker system to pump scary Halloween sounds from CD's into the front yard. But now that I have a Gemmy, I've been trying to come up with something to project also. Does anyone know if there are any good DVD's out there with scary images? I don' t think a scary movie would really work because the kids will only be in the yard for a short time.  I've even thought about setting this up the week of Halloween and doing it everynight just to get traffic to slow down a little as they go by.

Any tips on scary DVD visuals would be appreciated,

Twig
kelemvor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 11:30:24 pm »

Hmm.  You just gave me an idea.  Since I have the Gemmy, I think I might just use the screen part and hang it in the garage door opening and project on it from the Driveway.  Of course I could just setup my main screen without the legs in front of there too.  Hmm.  Might have to go get out the tape measure.

crmsnidol

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 08:42:55 am »

Hmm.  You just gave me an idea.  Since I have the Gemmy, I think I might just use the screen part and hang it in the garage door opening and project on it from the Driveway.  Of course I could just setup my main screen without the legs in front of there too.  Hmm.  Might have to go get out the tape measure.

Maybe there is an inexpensive semi-opaque material you could hang from the garage and project from inside out?  I'd personally be nervous with my equipment on the driveway.  I hadn't thought about doing a movie out there but some suggestions would be Poltergeist, Monster House, Creature from the Black Lagoon or Aliens.

I usually crank those scary sound effect CD's through my house-mounted backyard speakers. I can't hear them in the front of the house but I can hear them around the block as we walk. 
kelemvor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 02:22:44 pm »

Maybe there is an inexpensive semi-opaque material you could hang from the garage and project from inside out?  I'd personally be nervous with my equipment on the driveway.  I hadn't thought about doing a movie out there but some suggestions would be Poltergeist, Monster House, Creature from the Black Lagoon or Aliens.

I usually crank those scary sound effect CD's through my house-mounted backyard speakers. I can't hear them in the front of the house but I can hear them around the block as we walk. 

I did the shower curtain thing last year and it worked OK once it got dark enough.  But they aren't very big so I had to rig up taping two together and hanging them.  Didn't look very good.  Might try the same thing again this year but attack it to some sort of simple frame to get it more ridgid.  I'm sure I'll think more about it the day before...  Wink

samd12

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 09:20:19 pm »

Funny me and my wife were talking about this tonight.  We are going to do a BYOP night.  Bring your own pumpkin for a pumpkin carving and then a movie (scary of course) for the group.  Going to get some glow bracelets from ebay and have people bring a cover dish. 
Hope some other ideas pop up here, what was done last year, I am new to this site?
chears

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 09:28:45 pm »

I bought an old school house projection screen at a garage sale, im going to put it up on my porch and watch old, bad b movies while we hang out, drink rum and cider and hand out candy.  Costco has a couple of sets out right now for fairly cheap, I believe there called the 'cult classic' series.
Dennis

See you under the stars!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 07:07:37 am »

I've been wondering what to do with that leftover Trapeze fabric...I'll bet I can make a frame and mount it in the frontyard, then rear-project out a front window (no way anything of value will be outdoors on All-Hallows-Eve!)

I would like to echo TWIG's request...anyone know of a montage of scary scenes/shorts?  Otherwise I guess it's Netflix and burning time.   Cheesy

Dennis

PS.... OR I guess I could haul out the video camera and have my teens create a custom video OR I could point it at the front door so the trick-or-treaters can see themselves OR...

Ultimately the pessimist may be proven right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip!
victor-eyd

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 10:32:54 am »

anyone know of a montage of scary scenes/shorts?  Otherwise I guess it's Netflix and burning time.   Cheesy

Dennis

PS.... OR I guess I could haul out the video camera and have my teens create a custom video OR I could point it at the front door so the trick-or-treaters can see themselves OR...

I considered Haunted Castle. That has some interesting clips. Another is bigscreamtv.com

I've bought their scarols cd and terror eyes. Very cool stuff!

Victor

Big Screen Outdoors
JB

Free is Good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 10:43:57 am »

Surely they are planning on having Rob Zombie's new version of "Halloween" out on DVD by then.  If so, it will be on my playlist.
Dennis

See you under the stars!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 12:39:16 pm »

I'm starting to get excited about the possibilities for Halloween, but still have some research to do...every year the kids are asked to begin trick-or-treating earlier and earlier around here.  I expect an ordinance to limit it to daytime hours.  Undecided

Dennis

Ultimately the pessimist may be proven right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip!
victor-eyd

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 07:45:09 pm »

I've just noticed that Halloween falls on a Wednesday, meaning on the Friday and/or Saturday before you can have a pre-Halloween party.

hmmmmm...

Big Screen Outdoors
barefoottourguide

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 09:20:31 am »

We're going to show Stigmata and Blair Witch Project. Good horror films people haven't seen in a bit. I always thought Blair Witch needed to be shown outdoors for maximum effect.

Garrett
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: