Backyard Theater Forum
December 17, 2017, 12:37:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
102 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 12:37:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halloween 2007 - What's your plan?  (Read 35378 times)
mamadada

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 11:59:33 am »

Depending on your age group.  SpongeBob has a couple of adorable scary cartoons.  My age group is 4 year olds.  SpongeBob is big with 4 year olds.

If all he wanted was shadow puppets, you should have bought a flashlight.
Backyard Paradise

Our Movies are a SPLASH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 01:29:21 pm »

Does anybody remember Trilogy of Terror? It ran on ABC in 1975 starring Karen Black in three separate short stories. The one I remember, and will never forget is the 3rd one, where she is terrorized by a Zuni warrior doll that comes to life. This is available on dvd and might make a decent Halloween clip.

I found a clip on youtube. Man, I haven't seen this in 30 years!
Kevin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DfLa57z1of8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/DfLa57z1of8</a>

Kevin & Dee’s Backyard Theater
victor-eyd

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 01:51:07 pm »

If I have a party for Halloween weekend, I'm kinda leaning towards this setup. I fell in love with it when I visited California Adventure (the same is found at MGM in WDW) and its called Disney Animation. Inside is a huge room with massive projection screens utilizing both still and moving images.

heres some pics of the room

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/attractions/detail?name=DisneyAnimationAttractionPage

I'm thinking considering how many projectors and screens I've amassed now that could make something similar for my driveway. I could incorporate still images of monster movies and have one or 2 projectors playing movie clips. Since I'm into the pirate thing right now, I might incorporate pirate static images and clips form POTC, Peter Pan, and Cutthroat Island.

Or robots...

Victor
Very interesting....
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 01:58:56 pm by victor-eyd » Logged

Big Screen Outdoors
victor-eyd

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 02:07:10 pm »

Here's one more..

I'm such a projection degenerate Grin

Its from Bugs Bunny's Hare-Raising Hare. There is a scene in the beginning where the castle is being shown from a distance and it has neon lights on the side that flickers alternately

Evil Scientist

BOO!

you can see it in this image

I have to find a cool place to say

Happy Halloween

BOO!

on the side of my house...

Victor

* mad scientist castle.jpg (151.88 KB, 640x474 - viewed 359 times.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 02:10:21 pm by victor-eyd » Logged

Big Screen Outdoors
victor-eyd

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 02:17:54 pm »

One last note. For what I'm proposing, the only things I will utilize is dvdfab decryptor to rip the movie, dvdshrink to edit the clips, and adobe photoshop (you could probably use Word to work) to make the text for the Mad Scientist part.

There is nothing fancy other than the stuff above, dvd players, some cheap boomboxes for audio, my gemmy, diy, and tripod screens, and my el cheapo projectors- both diy and commercial.

Thats if I do it...

Victor

Big Screen Outdoors
palmislandtheater

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 09:50:57 am »

Another good one (if you can find it) is "The Ghost and Mr Chicken"
barefoottourguide

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 02:31:31 pm »

About the Spongebob ones... is there a specific disc it's on, or do you have clips?
Garrett
victor-eyd

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 03:08:07 pm »

About the Spongebob ones... is there a specific disc it's on, or do you have clips?
Garrett

Anything from this video should work

Victor

Big Screen Outdoors
Cas-Bur

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 08:26:06 pm »

Hot apple cider sounds really good today!  It was cold and rainy.  Anyhows,  you can't go wrong with Halloween (the original of course),  Psycho,  Dawn of the Dead,  Phantasm,  Carrie, Friday the 13th, The Lost Boys, Child's Play,  Pet Sematary, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,  The House on Haunted Hill,  or the scariest movie of all  Punch Drunk Love (Adam Sandler)...J/K...don't ever show this one. 
morps

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 12:05:54 pm »

We will be doing our Second Annual Halloween Party - backyard theater style. I think, in true Southern California style, we will be kicking off the evening with Oingo Boingo's last concert DVD. We'll follow that up with Nightmare Before Christmas.

Last year, we did a fair amount of pre event marketing (email invites, printed invites and of course tickets for those that RSVP'd).

To see what all of that fun stuff looked like, check out http://www.morper.net/index_files/by_halloweeen2006_invites.html or just my backyard theater section on my blog.

Cheers!
mamadada

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 12:54:50 pm »

Garrett
We're showing the one about the "hash-slinging slasher" as a pre "Monster House" treat.

If all he wanted was shadow puppets, you should have bought a flashlight.
zoomoondoggie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 07:43:52 pm »

or the scariest movie of all  Punch Drunk Love (Adam Sandler)...J/K...don't ever show this one. 

hahaha that made me laugh aloud!

I've been off the boards for awhile (very busy with other things-- and poor movie watching weather) and came back just in time to catch this post.  I had my Grease party on Saturday (will share details in another post) and now everyone is bubbling with excitement for the Halloween party.  I am struggling to find the right title-- I have to find a title for kids from 5-17.. that will also entertain the adults (and I should add that it has to meet my approval. Other than Grease (cough), I won't show a movie that I hate). I have proposed BeetleJuice or Corpse Bride.. but there is a faction of Tim Burton dissenters in my group grrrr. I want to keep it on the animated side, I think, just because of the age groups (and truth be known, I am a big scaredy cat).

We'll also do pumpkin carving (I have a garden full of pumpkins) and probably bob for apples and other autumny type activities. I am SURE the kids will want to dress up-- they had a blast dressing up for Grease. I'll probably bake lots of creepy stuff to eat.

My sister keeps talking about the ghost and Mr chicken-- I don't remember it. I'll have to check that out-- and I am REALLY liking the idea of showing Pirates of the Carribean and having them dress as pirates and wenches. That addresses the scare factor and gives them a pretty easy theme to come up with an outfit for.

I can't use these ideas with my crowd.. but traditional halloween movies in my house include: Lady in White (would be GREAT outside), Silver Bullet, Halloween (of course) and Arsenic and Old Lace.
crmsnidol

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007, 07:49:50 pm »

I can't use these ideas with my crowd.. but traditional halloween movies in my house include: Lady in White (would be GREAT outside), Silver Bullet, Halloween (of course) and Arsenic and Old Lace.

I forgot about Silver Bullet. Great 80's flick with "one of the Corey's" and Gary Busey IIRC.  I remember the bridge scene as ebing particularly tense. The 70's Salem's Lot with the vampire kid scratching at the window ranks right up there too.
Geddylee

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2007, 05:52:23 pm »

For the past couple years we've turned our garage into a "haunted house". Each year gets a little bigger....er..and better?

Anyway, since I got the BYT bug, this years theme is going to be a haunted drive-in.

It's not all planned out yet, but something like the screen in front of the garage door showing the "Evil Dead" with a car in front with a couple dead people in it. Maybe someone hiding in the bushes with my chainless chainsaw just for fun. Grin

I'm sure it will get more complicated as the weeks go on......
Geddylee

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 05:56:45 pm »

Does anybody remember Trilogy of Terror? It ran on ABC in 1975 starring Karen Black in three separate short stories. The one I remember, and will never forget is the 3rd one, where she is terrorized by a Zuni warrior doll that comes to life. This is available on dvd and might make a decent Halloween clip.

I found a clip on youtube. Man, I haven't seen this in 30 years!
Kevin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DfLa57z1of8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/DfLa57z1of8</a>

Yea, that was great! Check it out here........

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5778046

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: