Backyard Theater Forum
December 11, 2017, 09:53:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
86 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 09:53:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halloween 2007 - What's your plan?  (Read 35211 times)
Daniel_Kaye

The Pines Outdoor Movie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2007, 05:42:01 pm »

In my humble opinion  Smiley
crmsnidol

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2007, 08:25:24 am »

Our final BY Movie Night of 2007 is scheduled for the 13th with a raindate of the 27th.  I did flyers that my wife and daughter handed out in the neighborhood.  We're making this showing  a "viewer's choice" where the kids check off the movie they want to watch on the sheet and return it. The choices are Monster House, The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Corpse Bride. So far Nightmare is in the lead.

A couple things I'm planning...

The pre-show will include the Thriller Video, Halloween songs and a movie monster trivia contest.

Before the kids arrive I'm going to hang one of those large paper and cardboard spiders behind the Gemmy with fishing line. During the movie I'm going to pull it over the screen into the crowd who hopefully won't panic and run into my gear.  Smiley

Since we'll be starting just after dinner time, we'll be serving appetizers and snacks for the kids.

So far the 13th looks like it might be cool and dry.
cafemom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2007, 08:57:40 pm »

Hey Gang,
Haven't been on the boards for awhile....it was a LONG, summer.... But, I'm back and ready to show some movies.  I've missed you all and missed reading the boards.

We have an Oct 27th night planned with "YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN". As some of you may remember, last year we tried to show that, but my youngest pulled his own personal scene from The Exorcist and we had to cancel at the last minute. ARGH!
We have a slew of people coming, dressed to kill, I hope. Should be fun!!
Crmsnidol - love the monster trivia contest! May have to steal that idea from ya! And the Thriller video - haven't seen that in years.
Happy Halloween Everyone!!!
Cafemom

* YOUNG FRANK 07 INVITE.jpg (720.93 KB, 1512x1137 - viewed 362 times.)

Grab a blanket, a chair & a friend and join us outside!

victor-eyd

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2007, 06:04:33 pm »

So I've decided to have a halloween party after all, but I'm changing the design. Remembering my last visit to Home Depot, I came across this:

Its called strip doors and I'm going to incorporate this into my front entrance, only on a larger scale. I still have my old canvas painting screen material so I'll cut hang it over my entrance which extends over the front door by about 3ft, run vertical slits, and project something onto it- maybe my ghosts or even my halloween heads.

I'm also going to use my rear screens above it on the 2nd floor deck and show my madam leota video as well.

Victor

Big Screen Outdoors
victor-eyd

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 12:27:30 pm »

Well, I made good on my promise. I used my old painter's canvas tarp and shredded it up into slits and stapled them above my front doors. Across next to the fountain I place my 50.00 portable diy projector and showcased some clips from Big Screm Tv's Scarols and Terror eyes as well as the Madame Leota clip. Here are some images of the final result.

I'll also be putting back the flying ghosts from Fantasia on the house so its a tamer front yard projection. Of course, I haven't even started the back yard yet....

Here's the front of the house

enjoy
Victor
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 12:34:47 pm by victor-eyd » Logged

Big Screen Outdoors
cecilb

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 04:12:36 pm »

What a great idea!  Looks terrific.

Have fun!

seating for 1,000........... 12 at a time
cafemom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2007, 09:28:16 pm »

Were are just NOT meant to show Young Frankenstein!  Cry
As some of ya know, I live in San Diego. What a week it's been around here. Had a movie night planned for tomorrow, but there is just so much ash and smoke still, there's just no way.  I hope you fellow BYT-ers up in Orange Cty are ok!
Maybe we'll get in a x-mas movie ?!?!
Cafemom

Grab a blanket, a chair & a friend and join us outside!

Star View Cinema

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2007, 09:33:35 pm »

For our 14th annual halloween bash, we plan on using the 61 Falcon as a one car Drive In like the people in NYC did. I want to set the screen up in the driveway in front of the car with the amp wired to the car speakers. I want to show Planet Terror and Rocky Horror Picture Show! I would show Death Proof also but there's just too much talking for a party where I doubt people will sit down for an entire feature, great movie though! We also have a funhouse/maze in the works with a real Jacob's Ladder and other tricks!

Big movie in my backyard!
aleuni

Our Theater, Your Yard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2007, 10:32:42 pm »

It has been really busy but my halloween plans look like I will be putting up hurricane shutters.

* 023525W_sm.gif (30.79 KB, 500x400 - viewed 334 times.)

Alex
www.fatscreens.com
"No idea is a good idea, until it is your idea"
cecilb

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2007, 11:40:36 am »

4:3 or 16:9?

aleuni

Our Theater, Your Yard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2007, 03:03:37 pm »

My hurricane plans are usually ... Put away the projectiles and then go to blockbuster and stock up on movies.  Gas up generator and run extension to Entertainment center. 

I man must have his priorities straight.  When we run out of food and supplies then we will drive over to the west coast to visit the in laws, for grand ma to enjoy her grandchildren Wink

Alex
www.fatscreens.com
"No idea is a good idea, until it is your idea"
Mao

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2007, 05:12:09 pm »

Does anyone have any great files they can share for projection loops like victor-eyed....I was planning on putting up images from classic and current horror movies, but wanted something that might be more polished...

Thanks in advance!

Backyard Theater - Featured Member" border="0
movieman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2007, 07:01:18 am »

Well the plans were to put up the portable 12' screen in the drive way to welcome the treaters. I was going to to show "Nightmare Before Christmas". When I left for work everything was set to put up when I returned.  Around 10:30 that morning a police officer was shot in the head while on patrol. My day ended around 9pm that night. People kept asking my wife about the movie. It was a real bad day for the men in blue.  As the day went on I forgot even what day it was.    rg

rg
see you at the movies
chears

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2007, 09:36:13 am »

movie man, i am just terribly sorry, thats beyond horrible.

victor eye'd, that set up is fantastic and besides that, what an awesome house you have, its beautiful.

we wound up using a "digital puppet" projected into our windows on sheer fabric so you could see through it (you can find the free download here http://www.imagineerieing.com/mirror.html) and used sound effects burping, farting, etc when talking to the kids through it and it was the most fun i think i have had on halloween.
cecilb

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2007, 10:08:17 am »

Put the 10x 6 screen on the truss up in the driveway and showed Young Frankenstein.

Big hit, skipped chapters and bounced around looking for funniest lines as kids grabbed candy and Dads yukked it up. Had about 10-12 stick around for last half hour. Best part was meeting a few new neighbors. Weather Gods cooperated as it was a calm, dry  night around 50 which is good for these parts.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: