Backyard Theater Forum
December 17, 2017, 05:05:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
96 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:05:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Staying current with "Notify"  (Read 20215 times)
rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« on: January 26, 2006, 10:07:41 pm »

Just wanted to make a quick post about using the “Notify” feature in the forums. 

If there’s a particular forum (or thread/topic within a forum) that you’d like stay up-to-date on via email, simply use the “Notify” button in the top and bottom menus.   That way, you’ll receive an email notification anytime a new post is made.  NOTE: You must be logged-in to see the Notify button.

You may also select “Notify me of replies” from the Additional Options menu when you post a new message or reply.

Utilizing the Notify feature may help liven the discussions a bit during (for some of us) the slow season.  And you shouldn't have to worry much about a flood of emails as a result.  We're a fairly quiet bunch...  But you can turn Notify off, too, if things get crazy.

If you have any questions, drop me a note, or reply to this thread and I will be notified.

Randy
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 10:26:27 pm by rfisk » Logged

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

tartag

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:36:13 pm »

Randy;

Love the forum and the Notify feature. I wonder if this is trival on the part of forum setup or is infact not an option here.

I travel quite a bit and am also cursed with carrying a BlackBerry.  One of the nice features on AVS is that the notification includes the quote of the post much like the private message notification does here.  Is it possible to enable that (I assume it would be limited to a number of characters) feature for subscribed posts here?

tartag
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 09:54:08 pm by tartag » Logged
rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 07:50:49 pm »

That would be handier.  I'll look into it.  Thanks!

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 08:32:01 am »

I travel quite a bit and am also cursed with carrying a BlackBerry.  One of the nice features on AVS is that the notification includes the quote of the post much like the private message notification does here.  Is it possible to enable that (I assume it would be limited to a number of characters) feature for subscribed posts here?

This is in place now and can be controlled via your profile page.  Enjoy, and thanks for the suggestion!

Randy

tartag

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 08:45:01 am »

wow! outstanding.
kelemvor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 10:22:44 pm »

The notify feature seems to work fine for individual threads but doesn't seem to work 100% when a whole new thread is created even though I subscribed to the whole forum.

I haven't researched it too much but if there are 3 new topics created, will I only get an email on the first one and not the other 2 if I don't visit the forums right away?  I know that's how it works for thread subscriptions but that's not how it should work for subscribing to the whole forum....

Or maybe it's just me...

rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 10:51:14 pm »

The notify feature seems to work fine for individual threads but doesn't seem to work 100% when a whole new thread is created even though I subscribed to the whole forum.

Interesting... I think you're right.  Will take a look.  Thanks for the heads-up!

Randy

rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 12:18:43 am »

Bumping this topic about the "notify" feature for some of our new users.

Randy

mousse

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 01:04:14 am »

Just wanted to make a quick post about using the “Notify” feature in the forums. 

If there’s a particular forum (or thread/topic within a forum) that you’d like stay up-to-date on via email, simply use the “Notify” button in the top and bottom menus.   That way, you’ll receive an email notification anytime a new post is made.  NOTE: You must be logged-in to see the Notify button.

You may also select “Notify me of replies” from the Additional Options menu when you post a new message or reply.

Utilizing the Notify feature may help liven the discussions a bit during (for some of us) the slow season.  And you shouldn't have to worry much about a flood of emails as a result.  We're a fairly quiet bunch...  But you can turn Notify off, too, if things get crazy.

If you have any questions, drop me a note, or reply to this thread and I will be notified.

Randy

Hi Randy,

I use the "notify" feature daily.  I go to my e-mail first thing to search for replies.  Cuts it down to the quick for me.  Great tool.  Good job on the website.  Seems very thorough.

Thanks.

Don't judge the motives, just the results.
DriveInNetwork

And now for those who remain, Its Intermssion Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 08:58:30 pm »

Very nice feature, I use it often and I am going to put this feature into several of the Forums that I have designed for myself and others
Keep up the great Work
Mr. Lee

"Good Evening Folks, and a Hearty Welcome to our Drive-In Theatre"
White Lake Michigan's only Outdoor Auto Theatre
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: