Backyard Theater Forum
December 17, 2017, 10:48:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
94 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 10:48:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple setup  (Read 4004 times)
hope

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2009, 12:01:15 am »

Ok here's my set up. It's nothing fancy! No nice frame, no high tech equipment or anything else. It's just a simple barn yard set up![/img]

* Movie outside 002.JPG (1580.47 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 509 times.)
OUTBACKMOVIES

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 02:08:42 am »

Ok here's my set up. It's nothing fancy! No nice frame, no high tech equipment or anything else. It's just a simple barn yard set up![/img]

Nothing wrong with that , I wish I had those facilities at my place instead of having to go elsewhere.
Enjoy.
Cheers Rick
bmac

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 07:04:18 am »

Ok here's my set up. It's nothing fancy! No nice frame, no high tech equipment or anything else. It's just a simple barn yard set up!

If you can watch a movie and hear the soundtrack, then that's all you need.  We tend to drool over the elegant set ups (pools, retractable screens, surround sound, etc.), but the basic goal for everyone here is to watch a movie on a large screen outside with family and/or friends.  Looks like you've accomplished that.  Good job.  And your setting is absolutely beautiful.  I would love to have that kind of property.  So would my daughter - she wants a horse. Grin

Thanks for sharing.
movielover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 07:34:41 am »

So would my daughter - she wants a horse. Grin

hey bmac, maybe you can talk to randy's daughter and she can get you a horse. i read yesterday she was going to shoot some, maybe she could spare ones life for your daughter  Grin

Kladder Station Classic Movies - Drive-In & Outdoor Theater
Sparge

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 09:43:00 am »

Hi, hope.  Glad to see you've started enjoying outdoor movies!  But I'll say that's a little different than the "barn screen" I had envisioned...

http://backyardtheater.com/forums/index.php?topic=3413.0

Some constructive criticism, if you don't mind.  I see you opted to take the screen material all the way to the ground.  That looks to be causing some screen tension issues (wrinkles/ripples).  I bet your image doesn't fill all of that height even at 4:3.  It also looks like you have some crazy long side ropes trying to hold the screen taught.

Did you try folding the screen in half and hanging it over the rod as suggested?  Then all you'd need to anchor are the two bottom corners to the ground as in the other thread's illustration.  Yes, it would be shorter top to bottom but I don't think you need all that height.  You could always get a longer tarp if it's too short.  Regardless, I think you'll want to get that bottom up off the ground.

I've used that design successfully, not on the side of a barn, but under a pergola that's built on the foundation of what used to be a barn.  I think it would actually simplify your set up a bit, too, as you wouldn't need to run those long side ropes.

-Sparge-
hope

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 12:16:54 pm »

Thanks for the input everyone.  I would have loved a pool yesterday! (it was HOT). But everything worked out good.

Sparge, we haven't tried folding the screen as of yet. Instead, my hubby  has a wooden pole running across the top. and one across the bottom, so we roll it up like a scroll. Then he put grommets down the side of it (don't ask me why).
 However I printed off the info you  gave me about screen designs, and still have it handy!! Smiley
  I think he is just playing with ideas right now to see what HE can do!

But the kids seemed to enjoy it. I took a pic. of it @ night but mine didn't turn out that good, so I'll check & see if anyone else took any photos last night (it was kinda hard to tell if anyone was taking pic.'s because of the heat lighting we were getting last night).
Sparge

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 12:21:55 pm »

I think he is just playing with ideas right now to see what HE can do!

Good man!  Tweaking things already!  Smiley

(it was kinda hard to tell if anyone was taking pic.'s because of the heat lighting we were getting last night).

That's part of the fun of taking it outside!  Grin

I "hope" you have many enjoyable movie nights this Summer!

-Sparge-
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: