Backyard Theater Forum
December 11, 2017, 11:52:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
92 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 11:52:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boat-In Theater Advice  (Read 2235 times)
0Gravity

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2009, 02:21:36 pm »

Hi All,
I am new to these forums, and have been reading up in here for the last few days, and I have gotten a lot of great Ideas...So Thanks!

At the beginning of this summer a bunch of us at our Marina/Boat Club had an Idea to Do a movie night, which quickly morphed into a Boat Drive In theater...the problem was no one had any of the equipment needed to do it! So I have been looking on Ebay and other places for a Inexpensive projector that could get us started.....I finally found one that I believe will suit our needs or at least get us started...It is a PANASONIC PT-L759U I also think by next summer I will have purchased a FM transmitter so that people can just tune their boats to a station for the sound...I am looking at this one  http://www.mobileblackbox.com/content/view/42/76/ .

So I guess my questions are....Has anyone used this model projector? Will it suit our needs? Is the the 300 Diagonal(22ft) screen size realistic? Will this FM transmitter work and how far will it transmit?
Also if anyone has any more suggestions that will make this Boat-in Theater better/more fun, I would appreciate your input!

Thanks in advance,
Mike
movielover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 02:27:53 pm »

FM transmitter so that people can just tune their boats to a station for the sound...I am looking at this one  http://www.mobileblackbox.com/content/view/42/76/ .

welcome  Grin
i have that transmitter, i bought it in may and it works great.
they say about a 1600' radius (1/4 mile) but mine far exceeds that.

they have great customer service, i asked them many questions before i bought mine.

they ship fast also, they are in CA (i'm in PA), three days after ordering i had it (just don't mis-place the power supply like i did a couple times this summer ).

Kladder Station Classic Movies - Drive-In & Outdoor Theater
0Gravity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 02:45:07 pm »

i have that transmitter, i bought it in may and it works great.
they say about a 1600' radius (1/4 mile) but mine far exceeds that.

Wow...that will more then do what I need it to, as our Marina is probably only about 1/8 mile!

Thanks
0Gravity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 10:23:58 pm »

So, I received the projector via UPS today and it looks like it will work for our "Starter" Projector....I have a white Box Truck with a 12 foot box on it so as soon as the sun went down I projected some video from my cell phone onto the side of it and it filled the side of the truck with some nice crisp video....It's not HD but good enough for what we need it for, for the time being! So tomorrow I will be taking it to the Marina and trying it out down there!
I could REALLY use some Input from somebody who has used this projector...I found the User Manual online but there are some features it dont cover, and I cant seem to figure out what they do....For instance, it has an "Auto Setup" button, and when I push it, it seems to do NOTHING, also in the features menu it has two settings for "Wide Screen" one is "Screen" and the other "16:9" Screen gives you 4:3 and 16:9 options and "16:9's" options are on and off.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
victor-eyd

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 02:43:40 am »

The panny is a typical XGA (1024x768) projector, so when watching bluray or hdtv, you wil get black bars on top and bottom as it will only display a 1024x576 image. The 4:3 or 16:9 are simply other picture options when either watching a natively 4:3 image (ie SD or typical kids videos) and 16:9 for native 16:9 (HD/blu ray, etc) images. The are probably other video settings for non-anamorphic/letterboxed dvds but this is the gist of it.

Hope this helps

Victor

Big Screen Outdoors
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: