Backyard Theater Forum
December 12, 2017, 08:27:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
108 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 08:27:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Swim-in Movie a big success!  (Read 3160 times)
desert-dog

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2005, 04:37:44 pm »

Hey Guys,

Last week was a flurry of activity as the backyard theater set up came together:

-I received the Infocus X1 that I bought off ebay..it's in fine shape and the seller, Projector Solutions, even managed to get it to my door early despite the Memorial Day holiday weekend.
-I had already ordered the blackout cloth, component adaptor for the X1, and the pvc for the screen frame.
-A buddy of mine helped me construct the screen on Thursday after work and it came out looking great!  The aspect ratio is 16:9 and the diagonal measurement is 120"
-I had an old Yammy avr and some "south-side" JBL speakers with plenty of wire.
-We put the screen on the opposite side of the swimming pool and the X1 on top of patio roof.

Friday night it all came together with a bunch of my kids' friends over and a showing of the "Sponge Bob Squarepants" movie.  (my 8 year old had the first choice of features - and Sponge Bob is what the 8 year olds love - I only wish I owned the franchise)

I  was absolutely pleased with the picture quality of the X1 picture on the blackout cloth - bright, vibrant colors and almost no pixelization...occasionally i'd see a rainbow or two - but they don't bother me much and nobody else in my family even knows they exist.

Even my wife, normally a fierce critic of any and all AV, was impressed with the whole experience...the next day I overheard her telling her friend about the giant screen "my crazy husband set up" next to our pool and how much fun we had...

Okay - we took some pictures - so I'll see if I can get them to post...

---mike

p.s.  okay - I'm fairly proficient in ht gear set up - but not in digital camera - computer ops...can someone give me a clue on how I can post the pictures here?  thanks...

rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 05:01:51 pm »

Great news!  Sounds like you may end up with the same situation as I did.  My wife is often the one suggesting we have a movie!  Glad to hear it was a success.

OK, on the pics; try to size them to about 750 pixels wide (or less) at 72 dots per inch and save them as .jpg files.  Save them on your drive in a location you'll remember.  When you post your message here, select  the "Additional Options" link and it will give you a place to browse your drive and pick the image you want to upload.  I think I have it set to allow 4 images per post.

Can't wait to see the pics!  Congrats!!!!!

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: