Backyard Theater Forum
December 13, 2017, 02:10:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
113 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 02:10:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Association of Professional Outdoor Movie Operators  (Read 13739 times)
cecilb

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 01:48:38 pm »

my pvc frame is cooler than a lot of what the professionals use with the infalables. But that is not comparing with my bros at BYT! Smiley

Amen............after all this is the backyard theater site , dedicated to the home enthusiast. There are plenty of members who are in the business,yet post in a collegial way and keep it fun and pure, the way I think Randy intended this site to be. Nothing is more fun for me to see a newbie post his setup on a 100.00 budget that shows creativity, ingenuity, and passion for the experience. A few have slipped in here trying to hawk whatever their pushing and it sticks out like a bird poop smudge on that new screen.

I toast the little guy, who does it for fun and family.

seating for 1,000........... 12 at a time
victor-eyd

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 02:20:27 pm »

I've decided we should have our own meeting in February 2011 (to preempt SOC's March 2011 meeting)  Cheesy Cheesy

I'll call it the Association of Unattractive and Unprofessional Outdoor Movie Operators Cheesy. Topics will include:

Wind- Why do we have it?
Daylight viewing- What's wrong with a 2:30pm showing? Smiley
Contest to who has the most bowed screen
Shower curtain shootout Wink
Drinking while merging videos with preshows. Is it better with mac or pc?
Showing adult movies on the outdoor screen. Hey, its been done before Grin

email blast forthcoming

Victor

Big Screen Outdoors
Danoplex II

Can You Hear Me Now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 02:29:27 pm »

Count me in!  lol  I am wondering about the wind thing....who the heck invented that?

Joe@SSL

Heigh ho, heigh ho it's off to the back yard I go.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2010, 02:44:05 pm »

I've got some white Sx100's for sale ...  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Backyard Theater - Featured Member
movielover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2010, 02:58:06 pm »

I've decided we should have our own meeting in February 2011 (to preempt SOC's March 2011 meeting)  Cheesy Cheesy

I'll call it the Association of Unattractive and Unprofessional Outdoor Movie Operators Cheesy. Topics will include:

Wind- Why do we have it?

email blast forthcoming

Victor

count me in to... i'll be there right after i attend spargefest2010 and can we include in the UUOMO the TBAPMinPA ?

Kladder Station Classic Movies - Drive-In & Outdoor Theater
wally

Outdoor Guitar Hero II Throw Down

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2010, 05:58:59 pm »

Victor

Victor
I give you rights to use a picture of my unattractive and unprofessional screen as your logo.

cecilb

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2010, 07:34:33 pm »

I made the list.

Thanks for the heads up. I think it's a scream because I can't wait for Spring to "spring" and get out there with my "unattractive and unprofessional" screen and watch some movies.

I fired off the message below in the "Contact Us" section. If that doesn't work, I'll have an attorney at work draw something up. What a dirt bag.

+++++++++++
Please remove the top photo at your page http://www.southernoutdoorcinema.com/ask.htm immediately. It is the first picture in your column titled “Examples of BAD Screens” with the caption “PVC with sheet: Unattractive, unprofessional and will tip in wind.”

This is my backyard, and an image I produced. I grant you no rights to display or reproduce in any printed literature.

Please remove immediately, and reply to wmflickfamily@gmail.com confirming my image is no longer is displayed on your site.

By the way, my "Unattractive, unprofessional" PVC screen suits my hobbyist needs to a T. It does become a bit unwieldy in the wind though.

You don't need me to tell you this but I think you have a pretty cool screen.

cecilb

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2010, 07:37:11 pm »

Wind- Why do we have it?

email blast forthcoming

Victor

NICE!!!!!!

Outta Control

Tanna-na-na-na-na-na-na-na...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2010, 09:35:28 pm »

Wind- Why do we have it?

email blast forthcoming

Victor

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Now That's Funny!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Company name: Backyard Flicks Outdoor Cinema
Site: http://backyardflicks.com
aleuni

Our Theater, Your Yard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2010, 10:54:26 am »

Victor

Victor
I give you rights to use a picture of my unattractive and unprofessional screen as your logo.

Rights?  where is the fun in that.

Alex
www.fatscreens.com
"No idea is a good idea, until it is your idea"
aleuni

Our Theater, Your Yard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2010, 11:44:34 pm »

Alright in the spirit of pointing out not so good screens let me go out on a limb here.

The premise.
I get hired by a certain affluent city in Miami.  This city has a 2 hotels by a certain multi-million dollar NYC real estate investor.  About 5 years ago they bought a used screen from the same company i had bought mine from.  Early last year I get a call from them to bid on doing there movie nights.  "you only need to bring your pj and sound, we'll provide the screen."  For about 4 gigs I use their screen  while always offering to use my screen at no extra charge.  This year I arrive and get greeted with the following screen.

Apparently, the Public Works department is in charge of setting up the screen.  They would actually use a bucket truck to lift the screen in place.  Apparently,  the inflatable was too much of a challenge.  4 ropes is too much for them to tie down.  They would only tie up the 2 ropes that go forward.  I would always have to fix it during the movie because the screen was falling down.  As if the screen was not that good (for an affluent city and a crowd of over 200 people) they have a light post 3 feet away from the screen.  I managed to talk them into turning it off and they did, for the first 15 mins.  Then they turned it on to be cleaning up, during the movie.  With about 15 mins for the movie to end they go a turn it off again.

Last night, to end the night with a "bang"  I am backing my car up to load up the equipment and the sprinklers go off.  I had to run and throw everything in the car in under 5 mins. 

Again:  My issue with this screen is that this belongs to a RICH city and they really could do a better job.

On the other hand.  I did enjoy the ingenuity that the Public Works Department came up with.  If this were for my house I would add some bungees.  And this thing does hold up VERY well in the wind.  There must have been 15mph winds.  The ocean is directly in front of the screen, about 1 block away.

Legal Mumble jumbo:
DON'T use this picture in your website without first paying me AND Randy a lot of money.  Grin

* IMG00140-20100306-2052.jpg (221.32 KB, 1392x1856 - viewed 246 times.)

* IMG00140-20100306-2052.jpg (221.32 KB, 1392x1856 - viewed 230 times.)

* IMG00138-20100306-2052.jpg (275.22 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 227 times.)

* IMG00137-20100306-2052.jpg (390.36 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 257 times.)

Alex
www.fatscreens.com
movieman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2010, 06:27:38 am »

In a case like this, what concerns me is people may think the screen is mine.  rg

rg
see you at the movies
aleuni

Our Theater, Your Yard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2010, 07:46:49 am »

Yes, I don't advertise at this event.  Unless they come up to me a say "wow, what an awesome screen"  which  I have had a few   Grin

Alex
www.fatscreens.com
Adult Beverage

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2010, 09:17:39 am »

Wind- Why do we have it?

email blast forthcoming

Victor

Just to be clear, when you use the title "Unattractive and Unprofessional Outdoor Movie Operators" are you referring to our screens, or us?  Because I like how my screen looks......

Infamous last words: "Hold my beer.  Watch this!!"
cecilb

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2010, 09:22:59 am »

Alright in the spirit of pointing out not so good screens let me go out on a limb here.

The premise.
I get hired by a certain affluent city in Miami.  This city has a 2 hotels by a certain multi-million dollar NYC real estate investor.  About 5 years ago they bought a used screen from the same company i had bought mine from.  Early last year I get a call from them to bid on doing there movie nights.  "you only need to bring your pj and sound, we'll provide the screen."  For about 4 gigs I use their screen  while always offering to use my screen at no extra charge.  This year I arrive and get greeted with the following screen.

Apparently, the Public Works department is in charge of setting up the screen.  They would actually use a bucket truck to lift the screen in place.  Apparently,  the inflatable was too much of a challenge.  4 ropes is too much for them to tie down.  They would only tie up the 2 ropes that go forward.  I would always have to fix it during the movie because the screen was falling down.  As if the screen was not that good (for an affluent city and a crowd of over 200 people) they have a light post 3 feet away from the screen.  I managed to talk them into turning it off and they did, for the first 15 mins.  Then they turned it on to be cleaning up, during the movie.  With about 15 mins for the movie to end they go a turn it off again.

Last night, to end the night with a "bang"  I am backing my car up to load up the equipment and the sprinklers go off.  I had to run and throw everything in the car in under 5 mins. 

Again:  My issue with this screen is that this belongs to a RICH city and they really could do a better job.

On the other hand.  I did enjoy the ingenuity that the Public Works Department came up with.  If this were for my house I would add some bungees.  And this thing does hold up VERY well in the wind.  There must have been 15mph winds.  The ocean is directly in front of the screen, about 1 block away.

Legal Mumble jumbo:
DON'T use this picture in your website without first paying me AND Randy a lot of money.  Grin

Looks like my first screen which I was darn proud of!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: