Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 10:05:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
110 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 10:05:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: current favorite movies to show  (Read 3633 times)
replicant_argent

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2005, 10:43:08 pm »

just wondered what everyones favorite moves to show at their backyard theater are. I plan on having my initial showing soon and I thought that I would show the following to start it off.

pre show: any of the Cirque du Soleil

first show: incredibles

Second show: lemony snicket series of unfortunate events.

This will be a show for my beautiful girlfriends kids (shes a teacher and we will be inviting some of her class) and the neighborhood.
Cherry Hills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 02:36:25 pm »

As much as I love "The Incredibles" on the big screen (and that's a lot!) I've taken the philosophy that everyone has already seen it on a big screen recently, so there's no real added value to my showing it.

So, we've been showing things that either didn't get wide distribution or haven't been in the theaters on a big screen in a long time. So far, we've watched

The Iron Giant
Baraka
Dr. Strangelove
The Triplets of Belleville

on the schedule for this summer:

Spirited Away
Winged Migrationi
Help!
and maybe Koyaanisqatsi

I do the same for shorts, though I recently got the four-disc Warner Bros. cartoon collection, so I may include a WB cartoon if the subject works with the main feature (e.g. Tweety Pie with "Winged Migration").  Other favorites include trailers for improbable features ("Blazing Star" with Elvis), quirky music videos, and the like.

I use a laptop for my outdoor shows, so the drive-in intermission screen saver is a great thing to show as people are arriving. http://www.driveintheater.com/screensaver.htm
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 03:19:58 pm by BusyHands » Logged

Cherry Hills Drive-way Theater
rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 12:09:38 pm »

Last night we watched “Coach Carter” in the backyard theater.  Oftentimes, it’s difficult picking a movie for a mixed audience of kids and adults.  I thought this was an inspirational movie and worth considering for a group of friends – especially if you’re into team sports. It’s not without some language (I believe it was rated PG-13.)

Jurassic Park III is great outdoors!

I’m a big Neil Young fan and have a fairly complete collection of his DVD’s.  I typically put one in pre-show for my sound-check and often play a little bit after the show, after everyone else has gone inside – it’s relaxing for me.  So I’d suggest music/concert DVD’s of your favorite artists for things like this.  I also do an annual “Neil Night” where we play a couple of his music videos in their entirety.  So if you have a favorite performer, and friends who share your musical interests, you might consider a music-video related movie party.

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

b_sparks

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 10:54:12 pm »

My first showing will be in a couple weeks.. and I am planning on showing

1. Goonies
2. The Lost Boys

Bryon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: