Backyard Theater Forum
December 13, 2017, 09:41:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
119 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 09:41:35 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12x9 Da-lite screen good condition FAST FOLD  (Read 7864 times)
love2dj

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2010, 09:35:59 am »

I have a Da-Lite 12x9 screen. Works for most parks. Case included. Screen is in good repair (A couple of areas had small holes and are fixed. It is 10 years old. We just don't use it anymore. Reasonable offers will be considered.
This is a FAST FOLD SCREEN with leg Levelers for uneven ground.
It comes with a hard case.
There is one hinge to be repaired.
New this is $1000 plus shipping. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/668302-REG/Da_Lite_35345_35345_Fast_Fold_Deluxe_Projection.html
The picture does not show actual unit (It has a different case)
Reasonable offer plus shipping and it's yours.
cecilb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:00:39 am »

Hi,

Welcome to the site! where ya from? Do you show movies for the kids?

Pulling your chain a little. Usually folks come here, hang out get to know other members and then if approved( I think) you might be able to sell or trade something. Kind of an unwritten rule. For your first post to be peddling something might be misconstrued as an ebay/craigslist thing. I'm just saying. 

Welcome to BYT.com

seating for 1,000........... 12 at a time
Adult Beverage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 10:23:22 am »

Screen looks a lot like the Costco one in terms of design.  It runs about $169.

Infamous last words: "Hold my beer.  Watch this!!"
cdepaola

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:07:22 am »

Screen looks a lot like the Costco one in terms of design.  It runs about $169.

These screens are nothing alike.

However I wouldn't expect to get anything close to $1000 for the screen.  It has holes, repaired, and needs a latch repaired/replaced?

For a 10 year old screen in the condition described I would expect around $100ish.

love2dj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 11:14:02 am »

Hi,

Welcome to the site! where ya from? Do you show movies for the kids?

Pulling your chain a little. Usually folks come here, hang out get to know other members and then if approved( I think) you might be able to sell or trade something. Kind of an unwritten rule. For your first post to be peddling something might be misconstrued as an ebay/craigslist thing. I'm just saying. 

Welcome to BYT.com
Thanks,
We do Movie nights for local burbs around Cleveland. Usually working for cities and non-profits. Hard part is to get them to realize they have to pay their fees properly. Cleveland area and yes, I know about posting but have a screen available for a very reasonable price (My offer for being made a part of the site)

Yes, this screen is NOTHING LIKE COSTCO. It's a Dalite fastfold. I have fixed the hinge and you can't see any holes in the screen was my point.

I now am using a 16x9 inflatable screen.
matt314159

8/28/10 - Season Closed

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 12:44:28 pm »

I've set up 9x12 fastfolds and if anything, I like the look and design of the costco frame better, provided they're equal sizes (not sure).  the fastfolds are almost borderline rickety feeling, plus it's a pita crawling around on the ground stretching the screen onto all the frickin' snaps. the costco one just slides over the top like a glove, if I'm not mistaken.   that said, the fastfolds do give you a surface that's tight as a drum.   I've always thought their retail price was way over-priced for what you get, and even moreso now that there are alternatives like inflatables, costco screen, DIY BOC screens from CarlOfet, etc.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:57:59 pm by matt314159 » Logged
movieman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 01:55:04 pm »

You should really say hi first and try to sell something. Keep it as a back up. It really has no great value.

rg
see you at the movies
love2dj

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 01:57:55 pm »

I've set up 9x12 fastfolds and if anything, I like the look and design of the costco frame better, provided they're equal sizes (not sure).  the fastfolds are almost borderline rickety feeling, plus it's a pita crawling around on the ground stretching the screen onto all the frickin' snaps. the costco one just slides over the top like a glove, if I'm not mistaken.   that said, the fastfolds do give you a surface that's tight as a drum.   I've always thought their retail price was way over-priced for what you get, and even moreso now that there are alternatives like inflatables, costco screen, DIY BOC screens from CarlOfet, etc.
Didn't post this to say which is better. There is no way though that the COSTCO screen is even close to the quality of a DALITE. Really don't want to turn this into a thread about which is better, just making a note that I have a 12x9 if there is any interest. I wouldn't let it go for $100, it's worth it to keep it around and rent it.
There is a reason the screen fits like a drum, THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO so even a little wind there isn't any rippling.
movieman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 02:08:42 pm »

I didn't know canon made a 7500 lumens projector. That's a real power house.

rg
see you at the movies
love2dj

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 02:20:19 pm »

I didn't know canon made a 7500 lumens projector. That's a real power house.
Don't think they do... Missed the 4 on the number pad...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: