Backyard Theater Forum
December 11, 2017, 07:24:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
104 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 07:24:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Guy had first showing last night.  (Read 2510 times)
1badv6

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2010, 11:44:58 pm »

Well new guy here.  I've been thinking of doing back yard theater for almost 4 years now.   We bought our house 4 years ago and sadly there wasn't room for my movie room.  I told the wife I would have to do something in the backyard.   She just thought I was talking out my butt and ignored me Grin  Well I managed to spend the last couple of years doing something she didn't think would happen either.    I have a couple of old arcade games I've had since college, one had some issues so I decided to find someone to repair it.   Found a local and from there I went a little nuts.   I now have 18 games, a change machine, blacklight carpet, blacklights and EL lights.   I'm out of room so I need another project.   Boom, best friends invite us over to watch a blue ray on their LCD HD projector.  The next day the wife asks "can we do that in our living room too?".   That was all I needed.   Off I went looking and planning.    I managed to get a deal on a Viewsonic PJ506D with 16hr on the bulb ($149).   Looks like Wal-mart has the blow up screen for $147 now so projector and screen will be under $300.   Not to shabby I think.    Well I couldn't wait till the screen came in so I took some paper I have on a roll.   It is about three feet wide and I did two strips and put it up next to my outdoor Coke bar.    My son and I watched my remastered DVD I made for the occasion.   Screen wasn't perfect and the sound was ok (had to use an FM transmitter to connect to my outdoor speakers) but we had a blast.   I can't wait to get a real screen and hook my extra surround sound amp up.    I'll see about adding some daylight pics tomorrow.

For now enjoy this

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cMOOlboT60w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cMOOlboT60w</a>
jrward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:06:44 am »

welcome, im new here as well.  i purchased our first projector a few months ago and weve had nothing but an absolute blast, and so will you.  give it time, and everything will come together.  just wait though because just as soon as you think your done you will come up with something else you need or want.  its never ending, and thats half the fun.  you just keep adding things and perfecting your setup.  its a real rush.  enjoy the rest of the summer! Cheesy

jeff
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 06:57:49 pm »

welcome, im new here as well.  i purchased our first projector a few months ago and weve had nothing but an absolute blast, and so will you.  give it time, and everything will come together.  just wait though because just as soon as you think your done you will come up with something else you need or want.  its never ending, and thats half the fun.  you just keep adding things and perfecting your setup.  its a real rush.  enjoy the rest of the summer! Cheesy

jeff

Hi folks: I am very happy with what I have in my third year I have no plans to upgrade............
1badv6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 05:40:45 pm »

Got my new screen yesterday but the thunderstorms didn't allow me to use it.   Tonight looks good for a movie.   Battle Beyond the stars is on for tonight!

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 06:46:02 pm »

Got my new screen yesterday but the thunderstorms didn't allow me to use it.   Tonight looks good for a movie.   Battle Beyond the stars is on for tonight!

You have what I have 12 ft Gemmy deluxe & 24 above ground pool
1badv6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 02:41:08 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hpE0Ep9Tv4Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/hpE0Ep9Tv4Y</a>

Quick vid of the picture
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: