Backyard Theater Forum
December 13, 2017, 09:59:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
123 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 09:59:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Willow Lane  (Read 4397 times)
Verosely

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 02:17:07 pm »

About 5 years ago I brought home the office projector and told my wife we need to show a movie on the side of the house.  She was not convinced that it would work.  After that first proof of concept, my laptop projecting on to the side of the garage, she was sold.  We were all set.  Our first showing was going to be The Day After Tomorrow on a chilly September evening back in 2005.  The unexpected early arrival of our son 5 days before the first show caused us to cancel that event.  We got back around to trying it again about a year later.  We have have shown 2 or 3 movies a year since then.  This year we were late to the party but have shown a movie the past 2 weeks.  I wish I had a projector with more lumens but the 2000 lumen Epson we are using just doesn't let us start movies before 9pm during the summer.  I wish I had known about this forum years ago as I have read and seen some great examples of how to keep your gear out of the way.  I used the step ladder in the pictures below for the first time this past weekend and I loved it.  I need to get some longer speaker wire to place the speakers better.  We use the side of our garage as the screen.  I just project right onto the vinyl siding.  A screen would be better but so far no complaints.  I think the 5.1 surround sound makes up for the lines sometimes.  My garage is 22 feet wide.  This weekend we were showing Superman: The Movie (1978).  It was awesome.

Video from the night:
<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=13239112&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=13239112&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=13244632&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=13244632&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>

Jason Snipes

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 02:18:52 pm by Verosely » Logged
Chaz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:16:37 pm »

Welcome!!! It looks and soounds awesome. What size image are you getting on the side of the house? Can you supply us a list of what you are using? I do this commercially but am getting ready to dive into the backyard setup. I know for a fact im going to go with the Carls 9x22 screen just need to trench the PVC for power, audio and video runs.

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. Making lifelong magical memories!
Verosely

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:26:08 pm »

Welcome!!! It looks and soounds awesome. What size image are you getting on the side of the house? Can you supply us a list of what you are using? I do this commercially but am getting ready to dive into the backyard setup. I know for a fact im going to go with the Carls 9x22 screen just need to trench the PVC for power, audio and video runs.

Sure. I will update when I get back in town Smiley

Jason
Oldalgebra

after dark, all summer long

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 02:29:10 pm »

Verosely,
I know this might sound like a silly request, but can you tell me the name of the step ladder manufacture?
I'm looking for something inexpensive to rest my projector and laptop on (or something that can do double-duty - like a step ladder). The two things I've tried so far are not satisfactory.
I did a search on this forum, as I know I've read about them elsewhere, but had no luck finding any specific product name (expect Little Giant for screen support).
Thanks.

Verosely

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 09:59:54 am »

Verosely,
I know this might sound like a silly request, but can you tell me the name of the step ladder manufacture?
I'm looking for something inexpensive to rest my projector and laptop on (or something that can do double-duty - like a step ladder). The two things I've tried so far are not satisfactory.
I did a search on this forum, as I know I've read about them elsewhere, but had no luck finding any specific product name (expect Little Giant for screen support).
Thanks.

Sure.  I am still away from home but I believe it was a COSTCO brand painting stepladder.

Jason
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: