Backyard Theater Forum
December 16, 2017, 12:19:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
106 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:19:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Poll
Question: As the host or hostess, what's most important to you?
Your audio (sound) quality. - 18 (6.5%)
Your video (projection) quality. - 107 (38.4%)
Your party quality. - 105 (37.6%)
Your movie selection. (The movie itself) - 49 (17.6%)
Total Voters: 274

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Backyard Theater Host/Hostess Poll  (Read 89627 times)
abell19

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 07:40:44 pm »

I say the party because that's what it's all about for me - having friends and family have a great time together outside. I'm using pretty low end equipment and a smallish screen (8 x 4) but everyone that has come so far has had a blast and no one has complained (yet anyway) about the sound or picture. Good poll - cool to hear other perspectives.
cago42

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 08:08:22 am »

I am very new to the whole backyard movie thing, but the only reason that I decided to do it was for the party.  I want to have a place where neighbors and freinds can gather with their kids and have fun.  Sure I want them to see a great movie and I want it to look and sound great.  But most of all I want them to have a good time!
Elwood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 10:27:22 am »

It has to be the party for me

my first set up I brought out my 5.1 home system and wired up the back yard.
now I use a book shelf stereo and no one noticed.

I show alot of bootleg movies from the web, so the picture isnt always the best.

everybody just loves the outside screen and getting together.

My neighbors and I like play Texas hold'em as the kids check out the latest flix.

A bigger screen and a popcorn popper :my wish list for next summer

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies" border="0
Tazman101

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2007, 06:02:49 pm »

I've got to agree with the last few comments..  If there are good people at the party, then the party will be a success..  Picture, audio and movie are all overlooked ( for the most part ) if everyone is enjoying each others company, and having a good time..  But that doesn't stop me from wanting to upgrade my brand new setup anyway..  Smiley

madhousefilms

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 03:43:44 pm »

The party. Bringing people together for gatherings is one of my favorite things to do in life.

Phil and Ray's West Mesa Drive-In
www.westmesadrivein.com
timtimes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2008, 12:36:18 pm »

Hi all,
I put picture quality since its the hardest to achieve,  especially for those of us, like me, who don't have humongous incomes and buying an hugely expensive projector would mean blowing the family fortune or selling the car.

Not sure what counts as a family fortune,  but I'm seeing all kinds of DLP SVGA units on sale for around $600 now.

My Benq SVGA PB6200 cost me $1150 about three years ago.  I recently purchased a Benq PE7700 refurb directly from Benq for $800 including shipping so I'd have a true native HD 16:9 unit.    Except for bulb replacement (none on either machine to date btw) front DLP has to be one of the CHEAPEST HI QUALITY display options available.

Enjoy.

Mom always told me I was special and I believed her.
cmpenney

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2008, 10:26:28 am »

Party - Hands down..

Really none of the other really stuff matters if everyone has a good time! 
mousse

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 09:39:10 pm »

As a host and BYT enthusiast, we think a/v quality might be tops.  For the party/event goers however, the total experience of the party/event is more important.  Even though it's a "movie party", the people, food, setting and comfort level have been critical in my experience.  The complete package.  There is something to be said for sitting on white plastic chairs for two hours. Trust me. The novelty wears off.

Don't judge the motives, just the results.
PyramidPyro

Burn, baby, burn!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2010, 09:57:21 pm »

Chicken > Egg

If I don't run a good movie, I'm more likely to have a lower turnout which means no "party".

E

www.PyramidPyro.com  .......because it's unnecessary and totally ridiculous.  That's why! - Ventura County Backyard Theater
mousse

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 10:12:54 pm »

I'm referring to a private party for my friends.  They show up regardless of the movie.

Don't judge the motives, just the results.
CMP52

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 09:52:45 am »

My projection quality is great but my audio could use some work. I guess for me the party and the movie pic are of utmost importance. I want everyone to enjoy the experience as much as I do. Haven't had a failed attempt yet.
dtk55

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2010, 07:37:05 am »

Hi, My thought is sound theres nothing more annoying then not to be able to hear the actors speak. I know that you can make adjust the different levels to each speakers. Next would quality of picture. Just a thought
                                                                                  dtk55
Flamingo Drive In

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2010, 11:53:46 pm »

Chicken > Egg

If I don't run a good movie, I'm more likely to have a lower turnout which means no "party".

I say the screen and my wife says the party.  After some thought, I've gotta say PyramidPyro is right...the reason friends and family show up is for the party, the reason they stay is for the movie. 

Our first showing was with a borrowed pj, shown on a painters tarp, using a cheap set of computer speakers, hastily set up after a long day of swimming.  We made microwave popcorn and showed the movie "Up" and the kids were blown away. 

Since then it's evolved into a Optoma Pro 150's, a 12' inflatable Gemmy, and an adequate set of Altec Lansing 3.1 speakers and a full website thanks to the amazing and talented MadHouse Phil. We went all out for my sons 18th birthday party and a larger group attended and again, everyone was blown away.

We will continue to make improvements (looking to add a popcorn machine and an outdoor bar/concession stand in the next year) to keep the the party growing.  Thanks to all for the fantastic site!
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2010, 10:55:39 pm »

Hi, My thought is sound theres nothing more annoying then not to be able to hear the actors speak. I know that you can make adjust the different levels to each speakers. Next would quality of picture. Just a thought
                                                                                  dtk55

Thats bugs me too! I only show movies from the 20's & I can never hear the actors speak. Maybe someone can help me on that one. Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:31:30 am by genesis76 » Logged
marjiea1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 03:33:37 am »

Yes, we have sound for those people who actually can understand dialogue just by listening, but VIDEO, the large screen, captions, just the awe factor is what my friends come to see.  (People with hearing loss are very visual anyway.)  I make sure the captions come from an external file because they are so much clearer that way (and more easily changed - font, location, size, etc.)  So, accessible movies with friends and the ability to eat and drink whatever you want to bring are why people like my backyard cinema.  All I provide is movie (and sometimes popcorn.) Almost all of my friends now keep chairs in their trunk.  Some of the people like the trailers, intros and such, others "talk" until the feature presentation.  Not so much "party", but a lot of socialization before and after the movie.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: