Backyard Theater Forum
December 13, 2017, 07:48:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
99 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 07:48:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Poll
Question: As the host or hostess, what's most important to you?
Your audio (sound) quality. - 18 (6.5%)
Your video (projection) quality. - 107 (38.4%)
Your party quality. - 105 (37.6%)
Your movie selection. (The movie itself) - 49 (17.6%)
Total Voters: 274

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Backyard Theater Host/Hostess Poll  (Read 89544 times)
Underdog66

'Cause cuttin the roof off my den would be stupid!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2011, 05:00:22 pm »

I think if people enjoy the party, they won't care as much about the sound or the video quality.  The novelty of being outside at a movie in a comfortable friendly setting is what I think most people enjoy.  I think if they are having a good time, they will definitely come back and see the quality of your BYT improve.  Cause you know we can't handle NOT improving it!  I've already upgraded and I haven't even shown my first movie yet!  Gemmy arrived yesterday!  First showing is tonight!  We will continue "Backdraft" and "Its A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" that my wife already started getting into while testing in the living room. Grin

Infinity Backyard Motion Pictures
Salty

A Picture of the Projector/Booth/Tech Area

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 09:39:58 pm »

I go for the party atmosphere!   Our backyard is where everyone wants to be in summer. In addition to the outdoor theater. We have a pool, lots of games (cornhole, ladder golf, horse shoes, washers, bocce and more)
I also am an avid BBQ'er which also helps draw people to the shows -All night bbq sessions cooking up plenty of ribs, brisket and pulled pork and watching movies or sporting events on the big screen is the way to go,  only drawback is sometimes the smoke haze hovers over the yard.
I love the scene of everyone gathered around watching a movie, playing games , swimming and eating - all at the same time!
That is why we are upgrading to  the bigger screen so you can see it from every where in the yard, for the larger parties and stick with the smaller screen for smaller gatherings.
I will post some pictures when I get the new big screen up.
By the way for everyone that frets over the cost of a byt -it can be done on the cheap. My amps and speakers came from the pawn shop, my projector from a buddy up grading his and the big vinyl screen from a sign company and the da lite screen from a school that closed.
ra420

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2012, 09:31:59 pm »

Well i think if it all ain't right than none of it is right! great friends,good flick, good sound and good food!! i know this sounds like a cop out but really good shows are always great and a bad show is nothin but bad!                                                                  So you thought you might like to go to the show. To feel the warm thrill of confusion, that space cadet glow. - Pink Floyd

I ran out of gas! I--I had a flat tire! I didn't have enough money for cab fare! My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!! J Belushi 1/24/49-1982
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2012, 09:46:41 pm »

For me its the party but that could be a party of one also.

Genesis DVD-7&7-juicy Steak-turn up the volume Grin Grin
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 03:43:23 pm »

Do to budget constants my equipment could be better.  My projector is great however and plenty bright, screen is painted plywood, maybe not ideal but everyone seems to be happy with the picture.  My audio is lacking some as we broadcast or audio with a AM Cquam stereo transmitter, which actually sounds darn good for AM provided that radio picking up the signal is capable of decoding AM stereo.  Despite that I have never once had a complaint about it.  In fact most people think it is really cool to bring there own radio, walkman ect, people that are hard of hearing love it.   My vote is for the party however. 

Rob

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2012, 04:02:19 pm »

Do to budget constants my equipment could be better.  My projector is great however and plenty bright, screen is painted plywood, maybe not ideal but everyone seems to be happy with the picture.  My audio is lacking some as we broadcast or audio with a AM Cquam stereo transmitter, which actually sounds darn good for AM provided that radio picking up the signal is capable of decoding AM stereo.  Despite that I have never once had a complaint about it.  In fact most people think it is really cool to bring there own radio, walkman ect, people that are hard of hearing love it.   My vote is for the party however. 

Rob

You have a great system! enjoy
RoseRanch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 03:09:21 pm »

Interesting that after about 250 votes on the above poll, it's about 1/2 and 1/2 between video quality and party quality!

Welcome SirRobyn0!

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 04:43:19 pm »

By the way for everyone that frets over the cost of a byt -it can be done on the cheap. My amps and speakers came from the pawn shop, my projector from a buddy up grading his and the big vinyl screen from a sign company and the da lite screen from a school that closed.

I did the pawn shop thing too. I get my Beer and food from the local Pawn shop. It really saves lots of money by the end of the season.

The only problem is some of the beer & sodas are a little flat sometimes. I just cut off the ribs & corn with teeth marks & heat them on the grill....You can't tell that they came from a pawn shop.

If any of you are ever in CT PM me & you can stop by for dinner & a movie

KingPin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 04:52:28 pm »

my first BYT was a $20 JVC bookself system I found on Craigslist, a plywood screen I build for under $60 and an old projector I got from work....had under $100 into it and the kids thought it was the coolest thing - so did the friend that came over for UFC fight night, etc....

I have added to it - this or that over time but nothing was more fun then having that first night in the backyard :-) then your hooked for life
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2012, 01:18:23 am »

Thanks for the Welcoming, that was my second post here my first one was in the subject, How to build a backyard theater on the cheap, where I go in to detail about my "system".  Which by the way was put together for $95.00 thanks to Craigslist and garage sales. Though I owned the AM transmitter from a previous project And thanks for reinforcing that what I am doing is okay.  I was a little afraid that I am to low brow, when I compare my setup to what some of you have.  But our system has entertained us.. and friends for a good number of years now.  Though I am thinking the screen will need more than it's annual pressure washing and paint next year.  I should take some photos tomorrow to post. 

Thanks again for the warm welcoming, I look forward to becoming a active member here

Rob

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2012, 06:01:29 am »

Welcome every system is good I love my system @ I did not spend much on it
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2012, 11:37:11 am »

I did the pawn shop thing too. I get my Beer and food from the local Pawn shop. It really saves lots of money by the end of the season.

The only problem is some of the beer & sodas are a little flat sometimes. I just cut off the ribs & corn with teeth marks & heat them on the grill....You can't tell that they came from a pawn shop.

am i the only one who caught this? Tongue

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2012, 05:12:34 pm »

am i the only one who caught this? Tongue

I was rolling on the floor, because it sounds like something I would say. Smiley

bigRoN

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2013, 04:50:36 pm »

I agree that it is the sheer novelty of watching a movie under the stars, especially in a swimming pool or spa. I live in a neighborhood with neighbors on either side of us. For that reason, I keep the volume relatively low. The projector is normally mounted upstairs in my media room, but for backyard movies, I have a second mount attached to the bottom of a pergola. I have a 20 ft power cord and 20 ft HDMI cable to run to the projector and bring my Blu-Ray player outside. I take the stereo output of the Blu-Ray player into a portable shelf-stereo system. It all works fairly well. As people walking behind my house can hear and neighbors on either side can see, I tend to only watch G-rated movies, PG at worst. I also try to invite the neighbors over but only one neighbor has accepted the offer.
OutdoorGeek

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2013, 09:50:00 pm »

Greetings! 

Prior to completing (yeah, right... as if it is ever really done!) my current audio system, I was firmly in the picture camp.  However, with my present system, the audio quality enhances the experience far more dramatically than I would ever have predicted - way beyond the car running better when freshly waxed experience - plus we can use the system for other purposes.

On the other hand, my fondest outdoor cinema memories were due to the guest chemistry, movie title reception, food and general party atmosphere despite a dramatically inferior audio system (old garage sale stuff) at the time compared to the present one.  Go figure...

Best to all,
Eric
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: