Backyard Theater Forum
December 11, 2017, 09:52:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
86 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 09:52:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8' x 4' marquees for sale  (Read 6093 times)
pistolero56

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2012, 11:25:47 am »

I am doing a demo job for 8 schools, they upgraded theyre marquees and are getting rid of the older style ones. if you want one here is what to do. set it up with me to pick it up at the job site, bring a large truck. id rather see these go to you guys than the dumpster. $200 bucks each
8' x 4' size

doing the job this week, if no one responds theyre going in the trash. i kept one for myself already:)

* IMG-20120803-00514.jpg (63.65 KB, 500x375 - viewed 357 times.)

The Rusty Trax Theater
Sunset Flix
cecilb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 12:26:26 pm »

I am doing a demo job for 8 schools, they upgraded theyre marquees and are getting rid of the older style ones. if you want one here is what to do. set it up with me to pick it up at the job site, bring a large truck. id rather see these go to you guys than the dumpster. $200 bucks each
8' x 4' size

doing the job this week, if no one responds theyre going in the trash. i kept one for myself already:)

I'd rather get two bills for them too rather than the dumpster!  HaHa

Better yet, for fifty, tell us where the dumpster is?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:43:57 am by cecilb » Logged

seating for 1,000........... 12 at a time
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 01:04:05 pm »

wow! these are big marquees! im guessing i cant run the lights off a double-A batteries? i just had to get rid of my "stadium seating" and would hate to get this and have to let it go later on.

movielover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 03:21:14 pm »

i have one sitting on / mounted to posts along the road at my house. i used it for my former business. it's free to anyone here who wants to come and take it. it's 4' X 8'. it even has the 4 or 5 flashing lights across the top. i have hundreds of letters for it also.

Kladder Station Classic Movies - Drive-In & Outdoor Theater
pistolero56

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 05:33:45 pm »

cecilb - unfortunately theyre going to scrap metal if not sold.

tronn4 - haha, yea they are pretty big. i took the inside plastic and cut it down to make a smaller one. gonna make a new box for it.

The Rusty Trax Theater
Sunset Flix
Sparge

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 08:59:23 am »

Wow.  How generous of you to charge "us guys" $200 for something that's going in the dumpster.

You're going to have to pull the bulbs and ballast transformers before disposal.  Disposing of those properly is an added expense.  How much do you think you're going to get in scrap metal value?  Certainly not $200.

Next time, how about not trying to take advantage of the members of the forum you just joined?  Next time, try the "free to a good home" approach.

By the way, for the record I'm not interested in one of these... just throwing out my two cents.

-Sparge-
movielover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 09:06:31 am »

Wow.  How generous of you to charge "us guys" $200 for something that's going in the dumpster.

You're going to have to pull the bulbs and ballast transformers before disposal.  Disposing of those properly is an added expense.  How much do you think you're going to get in scrap metal value?  Certainly not $200.

Next time, how about not trying to take advantage of the members of the forum you just joined?  Next time, try the "free to a good home" approach.

By the way, for the record I'm not interested in one of these... just throwing out my two cents.

-Sparge-

that's why mine is FREE for the taking.

you can buy new ones for $450.00.

cecilb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 10:45:58 am »

-Sparge-

++++!

seating for 1,000........... 12 at a time
bdwalker1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 11:33:41 am »

Pistolero, I don't blame you for trying to make a buck, but I agree with Sparge that the way you worded it by asking $200 for something that is otherwise going to be scrapped seems like taking advantage.  However, I could see that taking down one of these signs in a reusable state is going to take more work than smashing it apart for scrap.  Perhaps the $200 is to help cover the labor/beer for your crew?

pistolero56

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 02:50:32 pm »

ohh, didnt think i would get so much negativity for trying to sell something that i wont be using. In the classic car world people acquire free parts cars all the time and decide to sell parts from it before they junk it. I myself buy parts from them because the sellers trash is my treasure. I really dont care that the seller made a buck or 2 off me,as i got what i wanted. I guess the same rules dont apply here.
Sure it would of been nice to make some money, and yes that was the intention. but i definetly was not trying to take advantage of anyone. to be honest, i didnt even know how much these things were worth and i started out with 200. maybe i should of researched before posting a price. So if i offended anyone by trying to take "advantage" i apologize. 

Bdwalker- yes it takes more work to bring these down carefully as opposed to smashing them down with a skip loader in a minute.

I'd rather get two bills for them too rather than the dumpster!  HaHa
cecilb - you said it yourself

-Sparge-

sparge, seems like your the tough guy around here, or maybe you take the title under your name too seriously. either way, i get the impression that your pissed. Ive gotten rid of these before and know what it takes before disposal, thanks for the instructions. your 2 cents came in a little aggressive, i can take constructive criticism  but your way to welcome and school a new guy seems wrong. just my 2 cents

The Rusty Trax Theater
Sunset Flix
movieman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 03:30:01 pm »

It appears you started of on the wrong foot and are still on the wrong foot.
Why not back up and start all over on the right foot.  It almost appears you came on board to make money. This site is just for sharing our screens, movies and building theaters. We are a non for profit group of movie lovers.
Just my thoughts!

rg
see you at the movies
pistolero56

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »

Posted by: movieman
Insert Quote
Why not back up and start all over on the right foot.  It almost appears you came on board to make money. This site is just for sharing our screens, movies and building theaters. We are a non for profit group of movie lovers.
Just my thoughts!

*sigh* i guess my explanation and apology isnt enough. you guys are tough, haha!
i didnt come here JUST to make money. i also want to share, and learn. if you read my intro, i talk about trying to register for a while but my registration was not getting approved for some reason. it just so happens that i am doing this odd job and have the marquees left over, and at the same time i get approved, thats why i posted them.
it just seems weird that nobody else that is SELLING their unwanted items in the classified section is getting this.

if you fellas want this down , ill delete it if i can.   

The Rusty Trax Theater
Sunset Flix
movielover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 03:48:12 pm »

Just my thoughts!

"We are a non for profit group of movie lovers." you used my name, movielover, that will cost you $5.00 royalty. please send it to cecil, he's my heavy lol  Grin

movieman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 03:57:20 pm »

You made me laugh.  Will you take an IOU.

How are you feeling?  Well I hope.

rg
see you at the movies
movielover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 05:40:25 pm »

Grin
from you i will ray.
i have days when i don't hurt as much as others, but always have constant shoulder pain now. it will soon be 2 years, on the 19th, i can't believe how fast time flies.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: