Backyard Theater Forum
December 12, 2017, 03:12:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
107 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 03:12:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snow Cone Syrup Dispensers  (Read 6045 times)
Oldalgebra

after dark, all summer long

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2013, 09:15:05 pm »

Hello.
I've always had trouble with the spouts they sell that go atop snow cone syrup bottles.
Most of the time, I over shoot the ice and pour it on my hand. It's pretty sticky stuff and the clean up is worse than the thought of all the wasted syrup.
I've considered getting pump bottles, but cleaning out the long plastic straw that accompanies the pump did not appeal to me.

I know if I can't always aim carefully, the kids sure aren't going to be any better.

Well, I've found a solution that works for me.

These are $1.79 at Kmart.

They hold 18 oz. and the syrup can be stored right in the bottle - just push down the stopper top and place in the cupboard.
Clean up is a breeze.
I bought two last year to try out. This year, I picked up enough to offer a half dozen flavors.
I think I'm going to add some custom labels on the front and attach them with clear packing tape, hoping that they stay water-proof for at least 3 theater nights.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:59:19 am by Oldalgebra » Logged

ranman101

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 10:49:57 pm »

I bought the small bottles of syrup at Walmart. After they were empty I cleaned out and reused with syrups from Smart and Final. It's almost summer time!!! Yeah snow cones!

* images (9).jpg (7.36 KB, 259x194 - viewed 345 times.)
bdwalker1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 08:31:58 am »

OA, I find clear contact paper works well for protecting labels. Make sure to have at least 1/4" to 3/8" exposed on all sides of your label for a good seal.

http://www.amazon.com/Kittrich-999300-Clear-Contact-Paper/dp/B002HNYZ40/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I make my own limoncello and use this method for protecting my labels.  I first print the labels on full-sheet shipping labels, cut out the labels and apply to bottles, then apply the contact paper over the label with 3/8" overlap.

Oldalgebra

after dark, all summer long

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 01:26:27 pm »

That's a great tip!
I can see that it will make it so much easier to get the labels on straight - do the labels first, then cover with the contact paper.
Now, I'm off to design some Snow Cone Labels.

Thanks, BW.

movielover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 01:48:17 pm »

That's a great tip!
I can see that it will make it so much easier to get the labels on straight - do the labels first, then cover with the contact paper.
Now, I'm off to design some Snow Cone Labels.

Thanks, BW.

when i had my business open i used clear 8 or 16 ounce squeeze bottles for chocolate syrup, cream for coffee and milk. these sat on the tables. i used white address labels and covered them with clear shipping tape. because i washed mine out on a daily basis, except the chocolate syrup  Shocked) i had to replace the labels on a weekly basis. it was really no big deal though. OA, if yours don't get wet they should last a season.

Kladder Station Classic Movies - Drive-In & Outdoor Theater
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 03:16:25 pm »

Hello.
I've always had trouble with the spouts they sell that go atop snow cone syrup bottles.
Most of the time, I over shoot the ice and pour it on my hand. It's pretty sticky stuff and the clean up is worse than the thought of all the wasted syrup.
I've considered getting pump bottles, but cleaning out the long plastic straw that accompanies the pump did not appeal to me.

I know if I can't always aim carefully, the kids sure aren't going to be any better.

Well, I've found a solution that works for me.

These are $1.79 at Kmart.

They hold 16 oz. and the syrup can be stored right in the bottle - just push down the stopper top and place in the cupboard.
Clean up is a breeze.
I bought two last year to try out. This year, I picked up enough to offer a half dozen flavors.
I think I'm going to add some custom labels on the front and attach them with clear packing tape, hoping that they stay water-proof for at least 3 theater nights.

OA I use one from the dollar store that looks to be bigger for water at the Jets games....works well....(in Jet Green Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: