Backyard Theater Forum
December 16, 2017, 12:18:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
106 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:18:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XBMC w/ Cinema Experience  (Read 49691 times)
Towndrunk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 09:46:06 am »

i set up all the other intros and pre-show stuff just fine but when selecting 1 movie i go into that movies Information panel (with the I button) then select Cinema Experience. CE then starts all the pre-show stuff and puts that selected movie into order. but once that movie finishes playing i get sent back to the main menu. how to select more than one movie if i want 2 or more movies?

If you want to do more than one movie, it has to be done on a global basis.  So if you want two movie, you have to set it up in CE and it will always be two.  If you want three, it will always be three.  You can't select it at the time of choosing the movies, it has to be done before then.  In CE if you go to the Feature Presentation option, you can change the Number Of Features.  That is the same area you would put your Intermission video if you want/have one.

one issue i have seen is that if i have local movie trailers on my living room htpc, i cannot select any trailer for use with the byt htpc. for local movie trailers it looks like i have to have them on the byt htpc. thats what i was going to try to iron out tonight.

You don't have to duplicate all of your trailers like that for use inside and out.  You could either use and SMB share on the BYT HTPC to the Living Room HTPC. . . or the easier way would be to just map a drive on the BYT HTPC to the Living Room HTPC folder where your files are located.  Then you can just point XBMC to that share.  I have a script that runs when I log into my computers that automatically maps all the drives to my NAS.  So as long as I am on my network, all of my drives come up on any pc I log into.  Hope that helps. 

Oh, I'm John Pratt by the way on FB.
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 10:47:10 am »

when i select Choose Local Trailers, i only get the local byt htpcs' C:. i cant see the Samba drive. but if when i go to select an intermission insert, the samba share is there. both htpcs' are on a win7 homegroup and all media drives on the living room htpc are Shared and Privacy set to Everyone.

what i've come up with is to just move all the ads, intros, and random videos i have to the local hdd of the byt htpc. all the movies will stay on the living room htpc. plus that'll free up about 15GB's on the living room htpc Cheesy
------------------------------------

the way i setup CE right now (which is the only way i figured it out) is to go into the System settings, Add-Ons, Program Add-Ons, and the Configure settings for CE. all the settings for the various intros, ads, and what-nots work well i guess. what i can recall right now is that if i select 2 (or more) feature movies, i get the option to "Select file or playlist". i'm drawing a blank at this point. but if i go to my movie list after setting up the rest of CE, the only way i can get CE to work (that is ads, intros, etc) is to press I on the movie i wish to play and select Cinema Experience. then i get flawless playback of all the ads and stuff with that one single movie added in. then CE ends

so even though i selected for CE to play 2 (or more) movies, only one will play. i've also tried to add a second movie to the CE queue using the remote control for iOS but that immediately scraps the entire CE queue and starts playing the newly selected movie.

my kung fu is too new, so maybe im just missing an obvious step. i'll try again tonight

Towndrunk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 02:49:03 pm »

I'm not sure which skin you are using, but I use Transparency! and I love it.  For Transparency! you have to go to Skin Settings, and Scripts.  In there you tell it how CE integrates with your skin.  I have the option to select from the movie view by clicking the icon similar to what you said, or it pops up at the top.  I find the movie I want, push 0, then find the other I want and push 0 again.  Then it just starts.

I agree with you that when selecting the location for the trailers it does not give you the SMB option. If you are only going to use the files outside, then I guess you could move them.  I use them in my bedroom, living room, and outside, so I share them from one location.  If you were to set up a mapped drive on any pc, it would then show up in XBMC.  I have drive M-V used.  Music, Movies, Shares, Pictures, etc.  Once they are mapped, they will show up in XBMC.

These are my settings for my movie and trailers in CE.

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 04:01:43 pm »

using the stock Aeon Nox that came with 12.2 frodo.  the CE settings menu looks exactly the same as your screen shot. i'll try pressing the "0" key on the selected movies to see if that works.

edit: one thing i forgot to mention is that Aeon Nox doesnt have that Scripts folder. like i mentioned i can get to the CE settings menu but nothing that outright says Scripts.

----------------------------

i'll try setting up my drives on the network. its just everything is working so well right now for movie playback that i hate to think about doin anything that may mess it up, lol! win7 homeshare just works so good
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:03:37 pm by tronn4 » Logged

Towndrunk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 05:04:16 pm »

They changed the default skin to Aeon Nox?  It  has been Confluence for the longest time.  Probably as long as I can remember.  I will set up that sking and see where the setting is.  It is not in CE, the setting for the script is in the setting of the skin.  That is if it integrates.  They have a list of compatible skins.  As I looked it up though I see that it is quite old. . . 2010.

I will set up both skins and see if I can find the setting for you.
Towndrunk

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 05:19:39 pm »

I don't see the same option in Confluence or Aeon Nox.  I use Transparency since it is very customizable and I have used it for so long I know how to get it to do what I want to do.

This is the option that I get while in the XBMC Settings.

l33tDad

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 01:39:49 pm »

Been using XBMC since I modded my Xbox1 back in the day. Must have been 6-7 years ago by now... Anyway, I'm a HUGE fan of XBMC and have been using the OpenElec distribution on my indoor HTPC for a little over a year. I have not checked out the Cinema Experience but I had planned on converting an old PC (or maybe a Pi) for the BYT and this would rock!

... I currently stream all of my movies over the network from my 24TB NAS ...
<jealous>Okay, I was excited that I just upgraded my NAS to 10Tb as I was down to about 800Gb on the 6Tb I have...</jealous>

Towndrunk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 02:37:15 pm »

... I currently stream all of my movies over the network from my 24TB NAS ...
<jealous>Okay, I was excited that I just upgraded my NAS to 10Tb as I was down to about 800Gb on the 6Tb I have...</jealous>

Ha, I just upgraded from a "homemade" NAS.  I had an old PC running a rocketRAID card with four 2TB drives.  I upgraded to an eight bay Qnap this year, and I love it.  The Qnap actually came with XBMC loaded on it, and you can view it via the HDMI out.  I don't use this functionality since I have my HTPC, but I thought it was cool to have. 
everette

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 04:02:19 pm »

Been using XBMC since I modded my Xbox1 back in the day. Must have been 6-7 years ago by now... Anyway, I'm a HUGE fan of XBMC and have been using the OpenElec distribution on my indoor HTPC for a little over a year. I have not checked out the Cinema Experience but I had planned on converting an old PC (or maybe a Pi) for the BYT and this would rock!

I am interested in running the OpenElec distro as well. Can I run this on a laptop without a hard drive and stream from my indoor HTPC? I have an old laptop that had an HDD crash and the monitor went out as well and want to make use of it.

It would be great if I could install the OpenElec distrobution on a live disk or SD card.

Towndrunk

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 04:36:44 pm »

Been using XBMC since I modded my Xbox1 back in the day. Must have been 6-7 years ago by now...

I still have my old Modded Xbox in my closet somewhere.  Ha.  Amazing when I thought that 120G hard drive in that thing could never fill up.  I couldn't see any way of needing more than 120G of storage, and now I carry more than that in my pocket every day on flash drives.

Now you made me think about it.  I may have to dig it up here later.  Makes me want to see if I can find all of my old emulators and ROMs too.  I think I saw someone on here playing Mario on their BYT on an emulator one night.  Ahh. . . the old days when things were simple.
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 11:23:27 am »

finally moved over all the cinema experience files to the byt htpc. figured out how to make CE play my locally stored trailers (adding the "-trailer" to the file end). have to find a way to trick CE into playing my local cartoons as well.

found the missing link i was missing in order to select multiple features to play. instead of going to the Movies section, i press down on the Movie part and select the Cinema sub-menu. that takes me to the Movies section but also has an "info" bar at the bottom of the screen, telling me to press either "Q" or "0" to queue up multiple movies!

i once messed around with adding in the emulators to xbmc. couldnt get it to work. if i could it would be so kick-butt outside! i have a wireless xbox 360 controller pc adapter. i think i'll try to add that in tonight for fridays Camp Wana-Haka-Loogee event
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:26:57 am by tronn4 » Logged

everette

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 11:58:10 am »

found the missing link i was missing in order to select multiple features to play. instead of going to the Movies section, i press down on the Movie part and select the Cinema sub-menu. that takes me to the Movies section but also has an "info" bar at the bottom of the screen, telling me to press either "Q" or "0" to queue up multiple movies!

Tronn,
This is in the Aeon Nox skin correct? Where is the Cinema sub-menu? The only way I knew to activate the script is right clicking and selecting the cinema option under movie information. What am I missing?

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 02:19:06 pm »

yes the aeon nox skin. i knew i should have taken pictures! lol.

heres the closest main menu pic i could find.

just click left till you get to the Movies section, press down once to access the sub-menus, scroll left or right till you see Cinema, press enter there. Your Movies will come up and at the bottom of the screen you'll see the info bar stating: "Press Q or 0 to queue movies". i imagine if you only selected 1 movie from the CE settings you wont see the info bar and just need to select your movie then CE runs accordingly.
if you select 2-5 movies, you'll see the info bar before selecting the first movie, then a quick "Movie added to queue" info bar. the "Press Q" info bar wont come back up but just keep adding movies till you reach the number you've selected.

when you select your last movie CE starts accordingly.

edit: i also tried adding a Trivia slideshow but no joy on that front.

todo list:
add cartoons, add trivia slides, add emulator capabilities
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:21:55 pm by tronn4 » Logged

tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 02:29:10 pm »

found an interesting tidbit on the CE thread at the xbmc forums:

a user asked if theres a way to insert cartoons. one of the developers response:

"At the moment, there is not a method to easily add the videos, except by setting up a playlist and using that playlist at the various parts of the intros. I will be adding a few more 'unlabeled' into/outro videos in the near future."

so until an "unlabeled" section is added, we would have to add cartoons into a playlist

edit: found another users' method for toons:

"I have a few songs in a folder that it choses randomly. Most of it is soundtracks from movies. BraveHeart, Gladiator, Lord of the Rings. I Have a folder for Cartoons that I use in the Trivia Outro. So instead of an outro there, it plays a 3-5 minute Cartoon for the kids."

if i recall correctly, there is no way to queue up a specific cartoon. you just point CE to the cartoon folder and it picks one randomly. OR you setup a playlist and point CE to that playlist. now the question is how does one go about creating these playlists?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:33:06 pm by tronn4 » Logged

Towndrunk

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 03:06:45 pm »

I would have to look at mine just to be sure, but I play random cartoons and have no issues.  Again, I am using the Transparency skin and I don't think this is one that I have upgraded to Frodo.  I believe it is still running Eden.  There were issues with the Transparency skin and Eden, so I left this one alone while upgrading the others.

I have the Looney Tunes Golden Collection on my NAS and I have just selected a few I like an put them in their own folder.  I tell it to play two random videos, and point to that folder.  I do the same with my Trailers.  Now I'm really curious, and want to go home and test it out.  It has been a while since I tested it out.  Transparency puts the Q or O at the top of the screen as you are browsing the movies.  If you push either it will queue it and start CE.  If you just select Enter, it starts the movie.  I forget how some of this works since 99% of the time I use the Ipad controller.  You just select the movie from there and click play.

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate this weekend, and I will be able to set things up.  Man I miss California. . . Ohio just doesn't compare.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: