Backyard Theater Forum
December 12, 2017, 08:32:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
109 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 08:32:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XBMC w/ Cinema Experience  (Read 49616 times)
Bogey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2013, 01:59:09 pm »

Well, apparently it helps if you click OK when done making your changes to CE.

I'm in tune with that emotion ...DOH!

I recently changed my XBMC skin from Back Row with Eden to Aeon Nox with Frodo. The location the OK button was a difference with the new configuration and I forgot to click it when making last minute changes before movie night. Due to my oversight, the pre-show presentation was all botched up and I had to resort to manual control.

Not my finest moment.  Embarrassed

On the bright side, once I sat down and identified my mistake, I subsequently spent a bit more time with Aeon Nox and figured out the music configuration for pre-movie entertainment. I now use XBMC with Aeon Nox along with the XBMC remote control app for iPhone to manage the whole enchilada without the need to futz with the computer behind the screen.

Bogey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2013, 05:20:29 pm »

have most of the pics i think i need, stuck on how exactly to make the tutorial. so simple a caveman can do it or you need to be an ikea assembly master.

Here is a pretty good XBMC tutorial. You could use it as template to add the Cinema Experience tutorial.

How to Customize XBMC 12 Frodo with All the Bells and Whistles

bdwalker1

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2013, 07:33:50 pm »

I decided to get a taste of XBMC, but I didn't want a full-fledged HTPC. I decided to try out the XIOS DS Media Play from Pivos. http://www.pivosgroup.com/xios.html

First thing I did was flash it with the linux/xbmc firmware. I haven't checked to see which build of XBMC this is based on yet -- UPDATE: evidently the version is Frodo/12.0 --, and I haven't been brave enough to try installing cinema experience yet.  I'm still working on organizing my movie/video library so it scrapes nicely.  I have learned how to create NFO files for my music videos.

Initial impressions:

- the XIOS is pretty snappy with the Linux/XBMC build
- the dedicated firmware certainly has limitations you wouldn't have with a HTPC
- XBMC definitely requires a higher level of user knowledge and involvement than your typical home theater appliance.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:04:13 pm by bdwalker1 » Logged

GrrArrgh

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2013, 11:16:23 pm »

I've been using cinema experience for my shows and I've been pretty happy with it. I noticed that the intermission countdown movie that comes in their video pack doesn't have any music, which is kinda boring, considering that my next show is a double feature for Halloween. So, I figured out how to add music tracks to existing video in iMovie.

instead of a silent 10-minute countdown, now after the "XBMC music" ends at about 20 seconds, the soundtrack for the Haunted Mansion Disneyland ride plays, then there's 20 seconds of silence (the music selections weren't quite long enough to fit perfectly), then the theme from Ghostbusters plays and fades out as the video fades to black at the end.  Feel free to check it out and use it if you like it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tCxMtnDBHaLWdHX1Nwc24tZ0k/edit?usp=sharing

If you want to add your own music, here are the original files I used: https://sites.google.com/site/ceslidestrivia/videos/impact

Here's the tutorial I used on how to add music to an existing video in iMovie (there are many similar tutorials if this one isn't clear enough):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwE4NOt3Ztw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/iwE4NOt3Ztw</a>
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:35:38 am by GrrArrgh » Logged
agarr14

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2014, 06:58:34 pm »

I want to use xbmc this weekend for a double feature night. However, I am having trouble getting the software to allow me to select 2 features or queue a movie. I am using XBMC 13.1 Gotham with Neon skin on a Windows 7 laptop. I tried to use the Aeon Nox skin, but the movies were jerky for some reason when I selected that skin. Please help if you have had a similar situation and were able to resolve it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: