Backyard Theater Forum
December 16, 2017, 12:30:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
122 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:30:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: everette's Outdoor Theater  (Read 10824 times)
everette

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2013, 10:21:29 am »

I set up this weekend for a family member's birthday party and we watched Oz: The Great and Powerful. We watched nearly 2/3 of the movie before having to move everything into the garage due to rain.

A couple pics of Saturday night's set-up with my newly built "BYT Rack".

Let me know what you guys think!

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:23:02 am by everette » Logged

kelemvor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:57:37 am »

I would probably get some longer speaker cords so you can have the speakers right up next to the screen.  I'd also set them on something to get them off the ground a bit as that helps the sound travel.
We always have people sitting close to the screen so I have the speakers sit right next to the screen itself as otherwise the speakers would be next to them and aiming back and they wouldn't hear it very well.

everette

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 11:43:00 am »

I have some new speaker cables in the works that will be 50' lengths of 14 AWG and I plan to put a banana plug receptacle on the side of my cabinet. I didn't have them ready yet so that is why the cables in the pic are way too short as they are just some I had lying around from a car audio project.

Right now, the speakers just have 3/4 inch rubber stoppers on the bottom but if I can round up the material I would love to mount them on tripods.

kelemvor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 01:30:54 pm »

I have two stands that look very similar to these.
I also got a mounting bracket for each one to connect it to the stand.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:40:33 pm by kelemvor » Logged

Khylan

The BandWagon Poolside Cinema

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 01:39:42 pm »

Links don't work for me  Cry

I like the setup everette.. I keep looking on craigslist to try and find some bigger speakers like that for my BYT

The BandWagon Poolside Cinema - Virginia Beach
kelemvor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 01:41:09 pm »

I like the setup everette.. I keep looking on craigslist to try and find some bigger speakers like that for my BYT

Links are fixed.  I had some quotes in there that weren't needed...

everette

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 01:56:48 pm »

Links are fixed.  I had some quotes in there that weren't needed...

Those tripods are perfect. I will look into something similar.

Thanks for the complement. The speakers are old Realistic speakers rated at 75 watts @ 8 ohms. They used to have a wood grain finish but I painted them flat black  Grin

everette

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 09:11:04 am »

Here are some pics from my 4th of July set-up using the new projector and mount that I scored for free. The mount is just a ceiling mount screwed to the top of my cabinet. The InFocus IN82 has an awesome picture compared to the PJD5122. I still have some work to do on my equipment buggy. I plan to add a slide out shelf for the laptop.

everette

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 08:14:37 am »

Have not yet been able to do an outdoor showing this year. I have been promising my 6 year old son that we would set up and play video games on the big screen so I decided last night to set up and do some testing in the garage. He really had fun with it.

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 11:26:37 pm »

I think the Everette outdoor theater looks great.  I love hearing about people that have repurposed stuff for BYT like with your speakers.  Just remember that there is always something that could be changed, yes it would be slightly better sound if the speakers were off the ground, but they also work fine on the ground and have less distance to fall if someone catches a cord while walking over it and once your speakers are next to the screen you will just have that much more cable for someone to catch.  So it's a give and take there.  Personally if I had your setup I'd leave the speakers on the ground, but that's just me and I just wanted you to hear a different perspective. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 03:35:12 pm »

looks good speaker high or speakers low.....I like them off the ground because of the moisture on the ground but that's me. But where is the American flag in the pictures from the 4th Wink
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 06:28:39 pm »

looks good speaker high or speakers low.....I like them off the ground because of the moisture on the ground but that's me. But where is the American flag in the pictures from the 4th Wink

You have a really good point about the moisture.  I just kept seeing someone snagging a cord and pulling the speaker over.  However since I don't have speakers I probably should have kept my mouth shut  Smiley  You guys have all made very good points about raising them up!

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 09:17:28 pm »

You have a really good point about the moisture.  I just kept seeing someone snagging a cord and pulling the speaker over.  However since I don't have speakers I probably should have kept my mouth shut  Smiley  You guys have all made very good points about raising them up!

Barbed wire speaker wire could be the answer Shocked Shocked   They would get the point.

I use small speakers in my 5.1, The sub sits on a carpet. the other five are on 2 by 4,s just below screen ht. I run the wires under the carpets so unless someone runs right in front of the cart they are protected along with the sub.

Now my rears are up for tripping but when young ones are over  I hang them on the cart

I have a nice zone of sound from these six speakers......those Costco carpets are great
anthonyseven

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 08:04:43 am »

I protect my guests from tripping on the speaker wire by tie-wrapping the wire to rope lights: In addition to being decorative, it makes the wire easy to see in the grass. It also makes it heavy and stiff enough so that it doesn't pull the speaker down if someone does trip over it.

* movienight2.jpg (59.95 KB, 476x357 - viewed 329 times.)
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 08:35:22 am »

I protect my guests from tripping on the speaker wire by tie-wrapping the wire to rope lights: In addition to being decorative, it makes the wire easy to see in the grass. It also makes it heavy and stiff enough so that it doesn't pull the speaker down if someone does trip over it.

looks nice! I like the setup

since the wires are out of the way under the carpet I get some people that like to sit on the carpet instead of chairs so for me it works out well. These carpet crawlers like that type of seating.

My friends Peter & Phil wrote a song about these people  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9HWUCGOhz8

I use two led lights & create an isle for people that need a drink or to get rid of a few drinks. They just head for the light & turn towards the house. So they can exit stage left or stage right.

So as they say there are many ways to skin a cat.....sorry Peta
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: