Backyard Theater Forum
December 18, 2017, 01:36:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
102 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:36:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We started as a business  (Read 8813 times)
pistolero56

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 11:12:52 am »

Also when you have the money get a Kramer Seamless switcher. It does Componet, HDMI . When you switch from one deck to another it fades to black (in/out) keeps your signal sync. NO beak up. Its a great unit. Around $1000.00
i did look into those also, im sure they are 1000 times better than a consumer grade switcher but i wasnt sure on the purchase because its not really "seamless" with hdmi, maybe i just need to see it in action.

The Rusty Trax Theater
Sunset Flix
cdepaola

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 02:47:59 pm »

Also when you have the money get a Kramer Seamless switcher. It does Componet, HDMI . When you switch from one deck to another it fades to black (in/out) keeps your signal sync. NO beak up. Its a great unit. Around $1000.00
i did look into those also, im sure they are 1000 times better than a consumer grade switcher but i wasnt sure on the purchase because its not really "seamless" with hdmi, maybe i just need to see it in action.

I used the Kramer VP728 for several years and let me tell you that its as good if not better then seamless.  The fade in and out works far nicer then a seamless switch from one source to another.  The seamless thing as often thought of is fine for in your home but the fade really is the cleanest option for a business like this.

pistolero56

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 03:18:00 pm »

I used the Kramer VP728 for several years and let me tell you that its as good if not better then seamless.  The fade in and out works far nicer then a seamless switch from one source to another.  The seamless thing as often thought of is fine for in your home but the fade really is the cleanest option for a business like this.

thanks for the advise cdepaola, I will look into this unit for next season. we are close to pulling the trigger on a 5000 lumen pj this year. this might be our last upgrade for the year

The Rusty Trax Theater
Sunset Flix
cdepaola

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 05:10:02 pm »

What was the problem with cueing up?  Put the DVD/Blu-ray in the player and bang. (was it a bad disk).  I request all my clients have a New disk.  If it comes from Swank or someone else PLAY the disk when you recv. it so you have time to contact them.
I assume you have 2 decks in your system. One of the best units is the OPPO. Its a great deck and plays anything.

Here's what I did...  For any gig that wasn't a backyard residential show I included in my pricing structure the purchase of a new copy of the movie the client was going to show.  It was never discussed but come event day I always had a fresh copy of the movie that I KNEW was going to work.  I experienced far too many times clients that forgot their Swank copy, clients that didn't preview the disk, disks so badly damaged that they wouldn't work, etc... 

I've also on at least one occasion had to run to someplace with wifi, download a copy of the evening movie onto my iphone and play it that way.  We had a large university that we did a summer series of 12 shows for and one day the person in charge of the event forgot the disk for a very difficult to find movie at her house 1.5 hours away.  Luckily the movie was available on iTunes and I was able to download it quickly enough to actually get their event off on time. 

11visions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 11:03:43 pm »

For large events, I rip a copy of the disc to a flash drive using a program called MakeMKV. It's then added to the playlist and played via a Western Digital TV Live. I also play the original disc at the same time in a Blu-ray player. If there was a problem with either device, I can switch to the working one in seconds.

Phillip Hullquist
I toured the U.S. showing outdoor movies in 2010 on Carl's 16x9 screen.
Now I own eight commercial rental screens ranging from 9x5 to 30x17!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: