Backyard Theater Forum
December 16, 2017, 07:45:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
91 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 07:45:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL in BYT  (Read 10612 times)
Apoteker

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2013, 10:02:36 am »

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to watch NFL games in a BYT?  I have UVerse and my first thought was to just get their wireless set box and move it outside.  Are there any other ways to achieve the same thing?  Thanks in advance for your replies!
binger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 05:39:04 pm »

I just use a Digital Converter Box and a Powered Antenna.  I'll find some pictures from last nights game and post them.

* Theater.jpg (18.54 KB, 240x320 - viewed 379 times.)

* Theater2.jpg (17.69 KB, 240x320 - viewed 389 times.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:43:33 pm by binger » Logged
FrostyFreeze

HYLTOPLEX OUTDOOR THEATER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:32:09 pm »

Welcome aboard Apoteker!

A lot of folks run a long HDMI or Component cable from our indoor cable box out to the PJ outside. If you're like me and dont want to have to drag long cables in and out of the house, there are ways around that.

If the layout of your house & backyard doesn't allow for runnings cables outside, other folks have either temporarily "borrowed" a cable box from inside and brought it outside for the night or leased an additional cable box from their provider and keep it for outside use only. You still need a cable long enough to run from the wall inside to the cable box outside though.

jwh92020

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 07:47:54 am »

I would go with the wireless Uverse box. I have Dish Network and just recently found out that I can use a Joey (their version of a secondary receiver) via wifi. This allows complete access to the Hopper (the main receiver & DVR) including PPV & On Demand programming. I run the HDMI from the Joey, the Blue Ray Player (wifi as well - for extra streaming capability) & the laptop into a 3 port HDMI switch. The only wire from the house is a power cord.

Life is too short to not have fun!
Apoteker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 09:05:09 pm »

Lots of good ideas!  I think I'll price out the wireless box to see the cost involved as well as the digital converter box and powered antenna.  I never thought about just running a long coax cable out of the house as well.  Thanks again for the replies!
pistolero56

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 01:57:06 pm »

i second the u-verse box. I show alot of boxing fights and i used to run the cable from my cable box to pj. this makes it alot easier. the signal is strong in my area and ive never lost signal. you wont regret it.

The Rusty Trax Theater
Sunset Flix
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 02:20:27 pm »

i have an hd OTA (over the air) antenna plugged into a HD Homerun dual tuner unit which allows for the antenna signal to be piped into my computer network. basically any computer on my network (wired or wireless) can playback TV with dvr capabilities.

burgertime

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 05:18:15 pm »

I used to run coax out of my basement until u verse cams out wit the box the cost is $50.00 bucks one time fee and $7.00 a month however after I explained to them I have been a longtime customer they overnighted the box to me and waived the $50.00 works great I have watched a few Indians games outside this summer just awesome.
 I have been trying to figure out a way to cover my screen so we could watch the Browns outside this season since most games are @ 1:00 It is toooo bright for my acer .

cecilb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 07:05:35 pm »

Currently I run a 50 cable to a an extra box I have from comcast. Its a pain evereytime. Any ideas for comcast guy? Can I go wireless?  Lots of Bear and ND games coming up

seating for 1,000........... 12 at a time
BobThermal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 08:56:56 pm »

...I have been trying to figure out a way to cover my screen so we could watch the Browns outside this season since most games are @ 1:00 It is toooo bright for my acer .

1:00 is going to be too bright for any reasonably priced projector, not just your Acer (unless you're at the VERY northern latitudes).

I've been considering this myself.  I have the advantage of having a home built on the side of a hill.  I have a patio below my deck.  Fabric screen is hung from the edge of the deck.  I tried simply using backout cloth on the back side of the screen.  It was nowhere near dark enough.  It quickly became clear that I'd need to hang tarp "drapes" from my deck's joists to really darken the area sufficiently.  Big darn tarps are cheap.  Screw-in snap studs on the joists and riveted snaps on tarps would make for a clean removable system.

My biggest concern would be heat.  'Wouldn't want it to become a sweat-tent.

If your area is flat with no overhead decking, you could probably build a frame from PVC to connect tarps to.

When mentioning my idea to my wife, she pointed out that we did have a TV inside.  I said, "Yeah, but not a 150-inch one."  Men think differently.  Not better... but differently.
cecilb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 09:16:00 pm »

...I have been trying to figure out a way to cover my screen so we could watch the Browns outside this season since most games are @ 1:00 It is toooo bright for my acer .

1:00 is going to be too bright for any reasonably priced projector, not just your Acer (unless you're at the VERY northern latitudes).

I've been considering this myself.  I have the advantage of having a home built on the side of a hill.  I have a patio below my deck.  Fabric screen is hung from the edge of the deck.  I tried simply using backout cloth on the back side of the screen.  It was nowhere near dark enough.  It quickly became clear that I'd need to hang tarp "drapes" from my deck's joists to really darken the area sufficiently.  Big darn tarps are cheap.  Screw-in snap studs on the joists and riveted snaps on tarps would make for a clean removable system.

My biggest concern would be heat.  'Wouldn't want it to become a sweat-tent.

If your area is flat with no overhead decking, you could probably build a frame from PVC to connect tarps to.

When mentioning my idea to my wife, she pointed out that we did have a TV inside.  I said, "Yeah, but not a 150-inch one."  Men think differently.  Not better... but differently.

Well said sir!

seating for 1,000........... 12 at a time
bdwalker1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 10:02:11 pm »

AND is better.

Go Big or Go Home? ? ? ?

I think not...  Go Big AND Go Home!

gsylvies

Chancellor Drive Theater

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 07:24:37 am »

I installed a cable jack in my backyard, overkill I know but I would be killed if a wireless signal hangs up during an important moment!  Its fun watching outdoors in the cold (not too cold) with a crowd at your house, almost like being at the game!

gsylvies
Apoteker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 08:50:19 am »

I installed a cable jack in my backyard, overkill I know but I would be killed if a wireless signal hangs up during an important moment!  Its fun watching outdoors in the cold (not too cold) with a crowd at your house, almost like being at the game!

A cable jack, that's a great idea.  What's the latest month that you've watched a game outdoors?  A crisp, sunny day is one thing but an evening game outside is another.  We have a firepit so I was thinking that would extend our watching season.
tronn4

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 11:52:26 am »

thats one thing of mine. i never trust anything wireless for BYT.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: