Backyard Theater Forum
December 16, 2017, 02:07:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
100 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 02:07:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talking House or Radio Systems ATU  (Read 5720 times)
SR

View Profile WWW
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:06:10 pm »

I am looking for a used Talking house or Radio Systems ATU for AM broadcasting in my theatre.  A new unit is about $295 or more.  So I am hoping to find a used unit for around $100 maybe $150 if it is in really good shape.  I will edit this post if and when I find a replacement unit.  So if you are reading this I am still looking for one. 

Thanks.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
STLmovieguy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:09:16 am »

I have two FM transmitters I had for my BYT, sold the lot to the neighbor, but still have the tranmitters, one is a whole house brand, the other is one out a defunked fitness center, both work well.
satch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 06:35:13 pm »

Are you selling them and is that all I need to transmit on FM ?

jwh92020

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 07:21:17 pm »

Satch -

Here is a link to the Whole House FM Transmitter if STL doesn't have or isn't selling his. I have the 2.0 version and it works great. The new version has what looks to be a better antenna, but the 2,0 version works really well.

https://sourcefmtransmitter.com/shop/whole-house-fm-transmitter-3/

Life is too short to not have fun!
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 12:18:02 pm »

Just clarify Talking house and Whole house are to totally different companies. 

Yes, a whole house transmitter will get you broadcasting, but I'm going to point out that on the whole house transmitter website it says broadcast up to 150 feet.  150 feet really isn't much, and if I understand Satch's setup correctly I think you would need a little more than that.  I don't know if the whole house is even a stereo transmitter.  Maybe look at a ramsey unit and an external antenna.   

jwh92020

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 04:14:40 pm »

Sorry about the mix up. I have the Whole House Transmitter It is stereo, and I've gone as far as 300 ft with the broadcast while "complying" with their guidelines to keep the FCC happy. We use it when we are showing movies that have a lot of "rough" language in them. I don't want my neighbor's 5 year old hearing F bombs (or worse - repeating them!). Otherwise, we go 3.1 sound.

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 04:48:51 pm »

Sorry about the mix up. I have the Whole House Transmitter It is stereo, and I've gone as far as 300 ft with the broadcast while "complying" with their guidelines to keep the FCC happy. We use it when we are showing movies that have a lot of "rough" language in them. I don't want my neighbor's 5 year old hearing F bombs (or worse - repeating them!). Otherwise, we go 3.1 sound.

No problem, my info about 150 feet was off the manufactures website for the Whole House Transmitter, but I know distances that can vary.  Hey just out of curiosity what do you think of the sound quality of the whole house transmitter.  I can't imagine that it would compare to the sound of say a ramsey either the 100 or the 25.  especially the 100 as it is an upper end unit.  So just kind of curious there.

Thanks,
Rob

jwh92020

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 05:25:29 pm »

I've never heard a Ramsey, so I can't compare them. I'm happy with the Whole House. To my untrained ear, it sounds great. I've used it with my old Droid X phone (it has a built in FM Receiver), the same phone plugged in to my Sirius Boombox and on an old Sony 5.1 receiver in my garage. It sounded best on the Sony, but I guess that is to be expected. I found that better quality headphones made a big difference when using my phone as a receiver. My neighbor used some super high end headphones on his Ipod and it sounded really good. I still prefer the 3.1 sound, but sometimes you have to keep peace in the neighborhood. I would say that for someone just starting out in BYT and not wanting to run wires and such. it is a good, inexpensive way to go.

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 06:05:52 pm »

I've never heard a Ramsey, so I can't compare them. I'm happy with the Whole House. To my untrained ear, it sounds great. I've used it with my old Droid X phone (it has a built in FM Receiver), the same phone plugged in to my Sirius Boombox and on an old Sony 5.1 receiver in my garage. It sounded best on the Sony, but I guess that is to be expected. I found that better quality headphones made a big difference when using my phone as a receiver. My neighbor used some super high end headphones on his Ipod and it sounded really good. I still prefer the 3.1 sound, but sometimes you have to keep peace in the neighborhood. I would say that for someone just starting out in BYT and not wanting to run wires and such. it is a good, inexpensive way to go.

You do have a very good point, it couldn't be similar to setup.  And like anything else it could always be upgraded down the road!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: