Backyard Theater Forum
December 13, 2017, 05:44:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
103 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 05:44:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: seeking a good voice  (Read 4838 times)
brihyn

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2013, 01:10:16 am »

hey all, haven't posted here much, haven't posted at all in a few years (in fact, in the last 2 summers, have only done a single movie).
With that out of the way, I'm looking for a  good voice willing to record a short 30 second-ish narration.
I have an idea for a short intro video for a special theme night next spring,  but don't have the voice for it.  What I'm looking for is a good male voice that could record similar to (and with the same spirit of) the old 60's/70's educational videos.
I will more than happily share the final product here, as I'm guessing there's at least a few who might find it useful (sorry, not giving away the plan just yet....)
So....any chance anyone here could help out?
11visions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 04:02:49 pm »

I've used Fiverr.com in the past for short VO work. There's some decent talent on there and it can be had for quick and cheap.

Phillip Hullquist
I toured the U.S. showing outdoor movies in 2010 on Carl's 16x9 screen.
Now I own eight commercial rental screens ranging from 9x5 to 30x17!
Oldalgebra

after dark, all summer long

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 10:59:26 pm »

I really like Fiverr.com. Plenty of people provide the service you're looking for and you can hear their voices before you choose a narrator.

Can't wait to find out what you're cooking up.

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 11:52:52 am »

hey all, haven't posted here much, haven't posted at all in a few years (in fact, in the last 2 summers, have only done a single movie).
With that out of the way, I'm looking for a  good voice willing to record a short 30 second-ish narration.
I have an idea for a short intro video for a special theme night next spring,  but don't have the voice for it.  What I'm looking for is a good male voice that could record similar to (and with the same spirit of) the old 60's/70's educational videos.
I will more than happily share the final product here, as I'm guessing there's at least a few who might find it useful (sorry, not giving away the plan just yet....)
So....any chance anyone here could help out?

If you haven't found someone else I would be willing to give it shot.  Maybe PM me with what you are looking to have done.  I'll lay down a quick vocal track of what you want said and send it back to you.  If you like it use it all you want. 

I have never done voice over work professionally, but I have been told that I have a great speaking voice and I have done fair bit of singing and vocal editing so I know how to use my voice, record it well ect.  So yea PM me with what you want and I'll see what I can do.

Rob
Rob

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
brihyn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 03:57:03 pm »

Thanks Rob.
I'll shoot you an IM with my script tonight. I also have someone in the UK in mind that I may beg a favor off of, but would love to not go that route if I don't need (I did check Fiverr and may go that route as well if need be)
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 04:54:42 pm »

Thanks Rob.
I'll shoot you an IM with my script tonight. I also have someone in the UK in mind that I may beg a favor off of, but would love to not go that route if I don't need (I did check Fiverr and may go that route as well if need be)

Well I'll do it for free with no strings attached use it if you like it or don't if isn't what you need.  I only have two requests, if you do use it, I'd like a copy of the finished product.  And give me a week or so to record it a few times and give you a good quality recording. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: