Backyard Theater Forum
December 15, 2017, 03:20:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
97 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 03:20:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 224th outdoor theatre is closed selling or giving away what I can all must go  (Read 2829 times)
mastertech

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2014, 03:29:08 am »

The landlord stopped by today to serve me with my eviction notice.  After 25 years of renting the same house, he is tearing it down to build a small apartment complex, so I have until March 15th to clear out of here.   I knew this was coming sometime, I just didn't think it would be so soon.  But I need to sell the theatre stuff off.

Screen is 6 X 8 foot plywood faced screen with a 2X2 and 2X4 frame plus, with side wings to help contain the screen somewhat to keep the headlights off of it when cars come around the corner.  This thing will need to be disassembled before you transport it so basically it needs to go to someone local or willing to come get it.  The frame is in sound condition, but it has been outside year round for 12 years now.  The plywood screen surface needs at least paint (hasn't been painted in years), and maybe a little filler here and there it get it back up to snuff.  It is free to the first person who wants it.  Again you take it apart, you haul it, you fix it up.

I'm also taking offers on my ancient CRT projector, and the AM broadcast sound stuff. 
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 03:36:14 am »

Frank,
Is this the original screen I helped you build back some where around 2002?  How bad of shape is the screen surface in?  I had my second, portable screen pretty near destroyed in the wind around Christmas time, I might be able to fix up yours and use it for my portable, what do you think?

Your AM broadcast system, do you want to sell it as an entire unit or would you be willing to just sell the ATU and antenna?

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
mastertech

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 03:41:41 am »

Frank,
Is this the original screen I helped you build back some where around 2002?  How bad of shape is the screen surface in?  I had my second, portable screen pretty near destroyed in the wind around Christmas time, I might be able to fix up yours and use it for my portable, what do you think?

Your AM broadcast system, do you want to sell it as an entire unit or would you be willing to just sell the ATU and antenna?

The surface is pretty ruff, I haven't painted it in years and the green mold has really take to it this winter.  I had one of the 2X2 sections of plywood blow of the frame last winter, I was able to put it back on but you can really see the outline of that panel during a movie.  Like I said it atleast needs a good cleaning, paint, and maybe some filler work but the frame is sound. 

I'd like to sell the AM system as one unit.  If I haven't had an offer for the hole unit by the end of February I'll sell you just the ATU and antenna for $150. 
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 03:44:59 am »

I'm going to be in your area this weekend, I'll send you a PM, maybe we can get together so I can look at your screen and see if I can make use of it.

By the way sorry to hear that you are loosing your place, as you know I might be loosing the Sit & Vue to a storage unit in next few years, but at least I get to stay in my house.  And I should have 2 more seasons at least.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: