Backyard Theater Forum
December 13, 2017, 09:53:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
119 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 09:53:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would love a custom portable (or semi portable) 20' x 11' screen (non blow-up)  (Read 6073 times)
Kingjazzblue

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2014, 02:23:29 am »

Hello,

I would really love a great quality, great reflective (suitable for 3d), no visible seems, screen that is not a blow up. I'm not a fan of having to hear the blowers on those blow-ups. I'm looking for a great screen but can't build it myself because of injuries incurred overseas. I'm looking for a great quality used or new for a good price. Anybody have one, can build one that is portable and meets the specs, or knows someone with one for sale?
FrostyFreeze

HYLTOPLEX OUTDOOR THEATER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 04:00:30 pm »

Everything is portable if you try hard enough Smiley

How portable are we talkin'?

Kingjazzblue

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:43:19 pm »

Everything is portable if you try hard enough Smiley

How portable are we talkin'?

I don't mind digging in then cementing some holders for the screen. Like pipes or some sort of metal or wood holder to stick the upright poles or metal into. Something I can hide when not in use. When we are using the screen then I'd like to be able to get it from our enclosed shed hd put it together and then put up. I'd like the screen to be tight (without wrinkles all the time) and if we need to put it together like a tent on our patio then put it up that would be fine. We have a very large patio and can place a tarp or something udder the screen while we are assembling so as not to dirty the screen. We have plenty of side room so we can strong in tie downs once up as well.
Sparge

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:56:00 am »

As mentioned in my previous thread, you might want to consider a permanent screen or reconsider the inflatables due to your disability.  Setting up and tearing down an EMT screen of this size is a lot of work.

Otherwise, here are a couple of EMT pipe based options:

https://creativeshelters.com/canopy-kits/outdoor-theater

http://www.carlofet.com/projector-screen-kits-fittings-and-accessories/freestanding-movie-screen-kits.html

Neither of the above come with the EMT pipe which costs extra and can be sourced at your local hardware store in 10-ft sticks for around $7-$8 each.

The Creative Shelters design is more robust.  It has more poles, more fittings and more connections to the ground.  It's also more expensive because of the extra poles and fittings.  The Carl's screen is a bit more minimal and requires guy wires to tie it down securely.

Regardless of which screen frame design you choose, you will want to go with a Carl's fabric for the screen material.  Carl's BOC or FlexiWhite should be suitable for active 3D applications.  I have a BOC screen but don't do 3D.  Carl's SilverScreen material is the only fabric I'd use to try passive 3D (where one uses two projectors).  You're only going to get about 9'-10' seamless on the vertical dimension by the way.

-Sparge-
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: