Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 01:52:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
81 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:52:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XBMC and The Backyard Theater  (Read 4731 times)
Rogue26

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2014, 01:34:55 pm »

For starters I was wondering how many here us XBMC with their BYT's?  I use it daily in life on a number of different platforms.  I mainly use it as replacement for our dishnet to watch tv/movies on our main household TV.  For that I use a dedicated acer revo 3700 computer but I also have it running on my iPhone/ipad, apple tv, laptop, and RaspberryPI.  The rPI is the device that I think I am going to use with the BYT as I want to stay as portable as possible with the system.  Does anyone have any experience using a rPI.  I have seen a lot of talk about adding the pre-roll videos has anyone used the playlist feature in xbmc to do that?  I am still very new to the hobby and am interested in hearing about others experiences.  Thanks
waverz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 07:19:47 pm »

I use XBMC on all my displays including tablets, phones, and BYT. I am running a rpi on the lcd in my kids room and it seems to handle just about everything I can through at it.  But I have seen people having performance issues playing very large rips.

I've never messed with pre rolls out anything like that but I'm sure it's possible.  I like the concept but I always feel like I'm limited on time during the night so I tend to just such to movies.

My favorite thing about using XBMC with my BYT is the fact I can control it using the Yatse app.  The app also has plugins you can use to play YouTube videos to your Xbmc device as will as add videos to your euque from your phone. It also controls the volume so there's no need for additional remotes. Pretty sweet!
everette

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 09:22:26 am »

I am also a big XBMC user. Read through this thread http://backyardtheater.com/forums/index.php/topic,8126.0.html to see how myself and others here are using the Cinema Experience add-on to automate the pre-show process. I have a dedicated HP G61 laptop that I use for both living room and BYT. So far it has played everything I have without issues.

The Cinema Experience add-on really adds to the whole BYT experience especially if you have trivia slides.

Rogue26

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 12:01:59 pm »

Glad to see a few using it.  I have read through most of that thread and the CE looks interesting.  As of yet I haven't messed around with it or with setting up anything other than the main movies.  Right now it doesn't get dark enough to start until about 9:30 so if you add in to much on the front end it puts the movie ending pretty late.  I might look in to it as the days get shorter.  I have had really good luck with the rPI, I performs just as good as the dedicated acer does just without the storage of a HDD which I guess I could add if needed.  For the most part I store my content on a freenas box and just stream over my network.  Anything that I don't have there I stream through icefilms or a similar addon.  Are you guys ripping all of your content or getting it from the net?  Not sure if that is an off limits topic here or not. 😊
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: