Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 09:50:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
86 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 09:50:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sit & Vue Outdoor Theater  (Read 4733 times)
SR

View Profile WWW
« on: July 20, 2014, 02:10:18 am »

For whatever reason I've not been very good about pictures.  I wrote up a little thing and posted it with pictures last winter but for some reason the pictures didn't come though, so now is the time to fix that!  Hopefully at least.  So the first picture. I'm not as good at working the forum as some of you so please bear with me. 

So Photo #1 The screen in 2009.  This was with the original 7' X 9' plywood surface.  It is taken from the projection platform which sits just inches above the ground, because we are on a hill.  This photo would have been taken right after I put a fresh coat of paint on it.  Doesn't look like we were open for the season yet though because I don't see the broadcast antenna on the side of it.  Also looks like when I took that photo I needed to cut the grass too!

The third photo is of the screen in July of 2014, this would have been just weeks after I completed putting up the new plywood surface which is 8' X 12' so a bit bigger than the original surface. However I should have torn down the entire screen and started over from scratch, because now just a year later I am noticing supports that need to be replaced, plus I have enlarged the screen which is great for viewing but more weight on those old support braces.  Live and learn I guess!  Also in that photo, if you click on it to enlarge it you can just see the AM antenna extending off the right side of the screen.

I will post pictures of the equipment in the coming days, since I apparently have never taken any and they are currently in use as I write this.  (I lost interest in the second movie tonight), it happens!

* screen in 2009 taken from projector stand..jpg (138.86 KB, 711x512 - viewed 353 times.)

* Screen just after the new plywood surface was put up.jpg (174.88 KB, 788x469 - viewed 384 times.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:35:37 am by SirRobyn0 » Logged

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
mastertech

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 06:25:55 pm »

I though that your last season was three or four years ago, It's good to see your still going after all these years!  Are you out of woods now or is closure still something you may have to face one day?

I'd love to see the additional photo's you mention in your first post too!
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 07:03:16 pm »

I though that your last season was three or four years ago, It's good to see your still going after all these years!  Are you out of woods now or is closure still something you may have to face one day?

I'd love to see the additional photo's you mention in your first post too!

This summer was supposed to be a rather lax one for me but that changed early on.  I totally forgot to even take the photos. 

To answer your other question, back in 2009, was the first time my landlord told me that he was going to build a large shop / storage building in my backyard, to house his equipment and trucks for his landscape business.  2009 was suppose to be our last year, then 2010, then 2011, then 2012.  In 2012 he surveyors out and got all the permitting in place.  In August of 2012 he confirmed that they would likely be braking ground that fall.  And was part of the reason we closed for the season in mid-August that year, I really thought we were done.  A few months later he told me that he wasn't able to find a favorable loan to fund the building so it would be 2 possibly three more years that he would need to be financially ready.  Which is why I moved forward with resurfacing the screen before the 2013 season.  Actually because of rain and needing to paint it delayed our opening.  So this would be the second season of two possibly three left.  With a contractor picked, surveying done, and permitting in place, I don't see it going on much longer before he actually does put up the building.  I have talked to him about it a few times this summer and he's not sure yet what will happen for next year.

On another note, I am in process of buying used components to fix the AM broadcast unit, that should run me less than $200.00.  I'm not sure yet if we are going to buy the FM one as well or give it back at the end of the season (it's currently on loan with the option to buy or return at the end of the season).  I don't mind spending the money on the FM unit, but if I'm not going to be able to use it beyond this year, it seems like a rather pointless expenditure and it would be by far the most costly thing I have purchased for the theatre.  Something with the screen frame that I really should repair before the winter rains and wind sets in.  I don't mind spending the money and doing the work, but not if it is just going to be torn down at the end of the season.

There is no other space on the property I live to move the theater when the building goes in, but I may move it a few miles down the road to a vacant lot that is owner by a friend.  It is a brush filled lot so it would be a lot of work to get the property in shape, so I'm not really sure if that would work out or not.

Enough of me venting.  Regardless if this is the last year or not, I'll be enjoying movies in my BYT this Friday and Saturday night under what has turned out to be one of the best summers I have ever seem in the northwest for outdoor movies, and I am going to enjoy what I have while I still have it!

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: