Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 11:19:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
83 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 11:19:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is or what is going on?  (Read 9206 times)
SR

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2015, 07:04:31 pm »

I don't even know how to start this post.  I love the forums here but I'm a little bit concerned and perhaps over nothing I don't know.  I have friend that has been trying to get registered on to the forums for the past several months with no luck.  He says his registration is pending approval and just sits there.  I tried to PM Randy a few weeks ago because I thought he was in charge of that, but no I see he hasn't been on in over a month.  I don't want to be known as a complainer, but I do get concerned when someone that wants to be a contributing forum member can't get registered.  Can someone help me out or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 09:27:45 pm »

I sent him a PM a few months back & never heard from him too. I know the traffic is way down but I was wondering what was going on?Huh
Oldalgebra

after dark, all summer long

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 09:55:41 pm »

I also tried to contact him a few weeks ago. No response.  Is this site being monitored at all?

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 11:46:05 pm »

I don't know whats going on, but it conserns me and after my friend mentioned his trouble getting on registered I have kind of took notice that I can't remember the last new member.  I love the core group here so don't take this wrong, but without new members coming in, it's only going to get quieter. 

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 12:03:51 am »

I don't know whats going on, but it conserns me and after my friend mentioned his trouble getting on registered I have kind of took notice that I can't remember the last new member.  I love the core group here so don't take this wrong, but without new members coming in, it's only going to get quieter. 

Our last new member was the end of June 2014....not good
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 12:35:51 am »

I just found out that my friend has tried multiple attempts, the first one being in November of 2014....

Randy, If you, or whoever is running the ship, I'm sure there are folks on here that would be willing help you with the forum administration if you need it you know just a little help with the day to day stuff.  I'd be one of those folks willing to help!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:44:16 am by SirRobyn0 » Logged

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 09:30:30 am »

I just found out that my friend has tried multiple attempts, the first one being in November of 2014....

Randy, If you, or whoever is running the ship, I'm sure there are folks on here that would be willing help you with the forum administration if you need it you know just a little help with the day to day stuff.  I'd be one of those folks willing to help!

SR ever since the site was down a few years ago for a few weeks we have been in decline. Also one of our members started his own facebook page & may have taken some of the business. Too bad because this is one great site!
rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 10:01:24 am »

Still here but have been off on other things.  I'll make some time this weekend to get caught up a bit on some things here.  Thanks for the concern and sorry for the problems.

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 12:42:51 pm »

Still here but have been off on other things.  I'll make some time this weekend to get caught up a bit on some things here.  Thanks for the concern and sorry for the problems.

Randy

We thought you might have won lotto & were forgetting about us poor folks Grin
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 03:46:49 pm »

Good to hear from you Randy!  I hope you don't take our concerns wrong, because they are concerns not complaints!  And obviously we all know you have other things to do in life other than monitor the forums.  But again if you need help with the day to day tasks on the forums I know I'd be willing to help and I'm sure there are others too. 

However I think that with some of the things going on with new membership and such that there is cause for concern as this is something that appears to have been much longer on going than just  a few weeks or a month.  When a new member has been trying to get registered for over three months, and tries multiple registration attempts that's a problem.  When it looks like we haven't had a new member in over 7 months, thats a problem too. Without new members getting approved it'll only get slower and slower here.

I know of the BYT group on facebook you are talking about.  I won't get into why I don't like facebook, but when I see a 1/2 dozen posts on that group a day and less than that are posted here in a week, that concerns me.  When my friend registered for the facebook group he said he was approved the same day.  Yet he would still rather be here but can't get in.  I wonder how many others have had this same problem that we don't know about. 

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 03:01:00 pm »

I'm not kidding at all when I say this, but since I started this thread and mentioned that someone I know is trying to get on the forum and hasn't been able to, I have had 3 other folks track me down though my website for the Sit & Vue theatres stating that they have been trying to get registered here for this forum without success.  The last one says he has been trying since July of 2014 and just wants to be able to post to the forum.  So something is definitely going on and has been for a a while, whatever that maybe.  I don't know.  But again we need to find a way to get these folks though registration and get the folks that want to be new members here.

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 03:28:09 pm »

Diito
Oldalgebra

after dark, all summer long

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 05:09:58 pm »

Boy, this is too bad. I took a lot of links to this forum off my website the last time this slowdown happened. Just seemed crazy to promote something that was stagnate.

I know so little about the technical part of this hobby that I don't even know WHAT to ask. That's one of the reasons I come here. Other people ask questions for me. But now, no new questions, as no one can join.

I like the ByT Facebook pages and visit them often as well. Every little bit is interesting to me.
Hope we get going again soon. Spring will be here (even in the East) before you know it.

rfisk
Administrator

imageek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 05:40:18 pm »

There were a couple dozen accounts approved and activation emails sent over the weekend and Monday.  A new user or two were logged in Monday evening.

If you're reading this and waiting on an activation email, send a note via the Contact Us form in the "Tools" menu at the top of the pages.  Please include the email address you registered with.  Thanks,

Randy

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle for where we're going.  There's something ahead worth looking for." -- Neil Young

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 12:50:57 am »

Thanks Randy, I hope you don't feel like I have been to much of nag.  I really appreciate everything you do for us and for the forums!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: