Backyard Theater Forum
December 16, 2017, 11:19:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
66 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 11:19:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Car may need to be put down at 260,000 miles  (Read 16800 times)
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 11:29:05 pm »

Thanks for your help on the Car. I went to my guys to tell them to put the car back on the road & they said No.....LOL .....they told me to let it go. Too many bad things coming up ITO.

So  I went back over my data base & said there is only one car for me that I looked at over the last three week........2008 Aspen...If my guy approves of it.....it is mine...I will then say goodbye to a friend.

That's it.

I'm sorry to see you have to let her go, but if your guy is so adamant, there must be a reason.  I think that the Aspen would be a good replacement for the Durango.  Plus, you will get some more modern features and definitely better gas mileage.  I know the one thing that I really don't like about my Dakota is the low gas mileage, only about 12 - 14 for me.  The Aspen should do a bit better than that.

After you have looked at the Aspen I'd like to know what you think of it.

I have a hard time admitting this, but I have kept pieces of cars that I use to own that I really liked.  Like an small emblem or something, to remember the car by. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 11:16:55 am »

Thanks for your help on the Car. I went to my guys to tell them to put the car back on the road & they said No.....LOL .....they told me to let it go. Too many bad things coming up ITO.

So  I went back over my data base & said there is only one car for me that I looked at over the last three week........2008 Aspen...If my guy approves of it.....it is mine...I will then say goodbye to a friend.

That's it.

I'm sorry to see you have to let her go, but if your guy is so adamant, there must be a reason.  I think that the Aspen would be a good replacement for the Durango.  Plus, you will get some more modern features and definitely better gas mileage.  I know the one thing that I really don't like about my Dakota is the low gas mileage, only about 12 - 14 for me.  The Aspen should do a bit better than that.

After you have looked at the Aspen I'd like to know what you think of it.

I have a hard time admitting this, but I have kept pieces of cars that I use to own that I really liked.  Like an small emblem or something, to remember the car by. 

this car had two neg's for me when I said that's the car.......the two are Millage & mileage. It has 131,000 miles on it & It"s GPH is better than the Durango but still not great.  I wanted a forester but my wife thought I was too small for me.  But I do like this beast.  My car is grey my old one was red......I said I would not buy a grey or silver cars as most cars are that color.....what do I know lol.....if I win Lotto I will have it painted Shocked

As far as keeping a part I will keep my JETS grill off the back LOL & my TV that I had installed inside the car for tailgating. lol    I am also taking the mats & cup holders for the new car.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 06:14:17 pm »

Guess what the dealer lied to me after I waited three weeks for him to do what he said he would do.......so If my second estimate on my old car is in a range I picked......All I will be able to say about my Dodge Durango is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 10:01:49 pm »

Guess what the dealer lied to me after I waited three weeks for him to do what he said he would do.......so If my second estimate on my old car is in a range I picked......All I will be able to say about my Dodge Durango is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c

Sorry to hear about the dealer.  I remember waiting at a dealer for nearly two hours once.  My friend was looking to buy a new pickup and wanted one with a sunroof, back in those days sunroofs factory installed in a pickup was not very common, and if I remember right there were some other specific options he was after too.  He called around and found a dealer 4 hours away with one.   I drove him down there and we waited.  First they claimed they were looking for the truck on the lot, next they said it was on an off site lot.  Then came the biggy, they tried to get him to look at a truck that totally did not fit the description of what he was looking for offering him a "deal" if he wanted that one.  It was nothing short of the old bait and switch trick, I doubt highly that they ever did have the truck he was looking for, but they knew we had driven some distance to get there so I think they figured he'd bite.  You don't even want to know what I said to that sales man, the words that flew out of my mouth would have made a sailor blush with shame.  He never did get a new truck...  So I'm sorry the Aspen didn't work out, but I always believe that stuff happens for a reason.

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 05:26:11 pm »

The Durango is at the car hospital getting a new rear end Roll Eyes & manifold.

Was it the right move?HuhHuh But after all this time it started right up & shifted as smooth as it did when new.....300,000 miles here we come Grin

I love that car/truck
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 04:53:13 pm »

Was it the right move?HuhHuh But after all this time it started right up & shifted as smooth as it did when new.....300,000 miles here we come Grin

I love that car/truck

I say keep the old girl going as long as you can, personally I'm glad your fixing the Durango!

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 07:05:35 pm »

I love that car/truck

Thanks SR we also just decided to skip the Manifold & just do the rear......Saves big $$$$

I say keep the old girl going as long as you can, personally I'm glad your fixing the Durango!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: