Backyard Theater Forum
December 18, 2017, 01:39:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
97 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:39:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Winter never end  (Read 5416 times)
redcar54

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2015, 04:08:10 pm »

March 1st it's snowing here in North Jersey, looks like Winter will never end! February was very cold hardly any of the snow on the ground melt, I'm sure other areas north and west of my area had it worst.

Jim
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 01:04:15 am »

March 1st it's snowing here in North Jersey, looks like Winter will never end! February was very cold hardly any of the snow on the ground melt, I'm sure other areas north and west of my area had it worst.

Jim

I can't speak for your area, but it has been very rainy here, in the pacific northwest as it always is.  With the Old Sit & Vue when it was a single screen on the hill, we had to have weeks of good sunshine to dry out the hill before we could show movies.  That was always hard.  Nearly everyone here would already be in full season mode, and we would still be closed even though the weather was great.  Also since the equipment was out in the middle of the yard, we really couldn't show movies with more than just the slightest rain, which lead to a lot of cancellations if we had a wet summer.  Now with the new Sit & Vue the land is flat and there is a roofed over area so we can have our equipment protected and a few guests can sit.  So we are hoping that this will really lengthen our usable season, both being able to open sooner and close later.  But I'm sure rain will still play a huge role in our season and the turnouts we get for the movies.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:20:23 am »

rain really does dampen things Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

don't worry I spoke to Al Gore last night......he said hot spring, fall & winter Roll Eyes
shawn_ky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 02:46:36 pm »

We are looking at 2 inches of rain followed by 8-12 inches of snow in the next couple of days... We may never see the light of day!
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 03:00:43 pm »

We are looking at 2 inches of rain followed by 8-12 inches of snow in the next couple of days... We may never see the light of day!

Shawn where are you located? 12 inches...I better go check because they told us 2 to three LOL
redcar54

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 07:19:15 pm »

Shawn where are you located? 12 inches...I better go check because they told us 2 to three LOL

Looking at 2 to 6 inches overall from now till Thursday morning, I think it will be rain tonight so nothing will be left over Wednesday from snow this evening, so maybe 2/3 of snow Thursday morning.
shawn_ky

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 06:55:14 pm »

I'm in North Eastern Kentucky... Close to Ohio and WV.  It's  been about 3-4 inches of rain so far and looking towards the snow to come here... Wish it would hurry, flooding everywhere. Ground is too saturated.
Lincolntech

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 04:31:17 pm »

In Mount Washington just south of Louisville. Tons of rain Wed. then 18" snow last night. Last summer was mostly a wash out with rain nearly every weekend. Hope this year is better but it's not starting out too good. Record snow for March and tonight may set a record cold for the month at -2 degrees. Last winter took forever but not as bad as this year.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 05:36:31 pm »

In Mount Washington just south of Louisville. Tons of rain Wed. then 18" snow last night. Last summer was mostly a wash out with rain nearly every weekend. Hope this year is better but it's not starting out too good. Record snow for March and tonight may set a record cold for the month at -2 degrees. Last winter took forever but not as bad as this year.

This says it all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RXzgQRrK28
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 12:04:30 am »

We are supposed to have a weekend of sunshine here in the NW.  I will be spending the weekend killing myself with Jake getting the theater as far along as we can with the hopes of being open by mid-April.  Yes I know we were shooting to open up this weekend at one point, but we haven't had enough even semi-descent weather to be outside all day building and repairing stuff. let alone watching a movie.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 08:18:50 am »

We are supposed to have a weekend of sunshine here in the NW.  I will be spending the weekend killing myself with Jake getting the theater as far along as we can with the hopes of being open by mid-April.  Yes I know we were shooting to open up this weekend at one point, but we haven't had enough even semi-descent weather to be outside all day building and repairing stuff. let alone watching a movie.

We still have a weekend of frozen rain & cold so send us some of this sunshine......In fact we will call you & Jake the sunshine boys...lol.........Hey it will come soon & all your hard works will please your attendees. I can hear the popcorn popping now.
shawn_ky

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 03:26:58 pm »

Hit 70+the other day, now it was 22 this morning... smh  I am about ready myself for Spring (and I love Winter!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: