Backyard Theater Forum
December 12, 2017, 08:28:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
109 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 08:28:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Poll
Question: Ok Food & drink or just snacks on most of your BYT nights  (Voting closed: August 12, 2015, 08:04:21 pm)
Full meals or BBQ & drinks - 2 (40%)
Nothing bring your own - 0 (0%)
Drinks only - 0 (0%)
Food only - 0 (0%)
Just Booze - 0 (0%)
Just popcorn, soda & candy - 1 (20%)
Popcorn only bring your own on everything else - 2 (40%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you all serving this year  (Read 14346 times)
mykal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 12:13:26 pm »

IT WAS A HA HA! Everything is free. The signs are to give you the 60/70's feel.

rg

I love it.   Grin
It's even better because I have thought about doing the same thing except making the prices way to high.

Projector: BenQ W1070 - 9'X16' Black out cloth screen - 4,000 watt stereo
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 02:06:58 pm »

Wait... Some of you actually charge your friends for food and drinks?   Shocked

Popcorn Machine is next on the list I think.
Sorry about being late getting back to the party, I've been under the weather.  So here is my food story.  So at the original incarnation of the Sit & Vue, when it was at my house on the hill.   We called it a potluck snack table.  We provided the popcorn, the guests were expected to bring something to share if they wanted have something from the table, everyone was to bring their own beverage for themselves.  This worked out very well for a lot of years, then came the day that my backyard was removed, and a metal storage shed put up in it's place. 

I considered ending the theater right then and there.  But I got talked into partnering, with a friend.  His yard is flat, and tee shaped with each leg of the tee being fairly long and narrow, with a detached covered deck at the middle of the tee.  Pretty much the ideal setup for 3 screens.  However we realized quickly that we would be basically building and the maintaining three small theaters rather than one big one.  We also quickly realized that we couldn't afford keep it up on our own.  We bought a lot of used equipment to get it up and running, but much of it is near the end of it's life and /or needs more repairing because of it's age an pre-use.  So we considered the idea of selling snacks, I sent out an e-mail to all of the folks that come out regularly and they were all very supportive of the idea.  So we don't actually charge for snacks, but what we do ask a donation.  We have popcorn, soda, pizza and next year maybe candy.  At the end of the table is a donation box, and a sheet with a suggested amount for each item.  We don't try to limit anything for outside, bring in any food you want to, we only ask that if you want something we have that you get it at the theater with the knowledge that any money made goes back into the theater. 

Over at the Night-Sky he gives away popcorn, and he has neat old popcorn machine too.  Anything else the movie goer needs to bring.

That's my food story. I'd love to go back to the trade table that was a lot of fun and much less work, but really we need the donations for food to keep the theater up.  I'd really like to get a popcorn machine for the Sit & Vue, but somehow I just don't see that happening anytime soon.  The list of other needs, like PJ bulbs and screen painting seems to come first. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:15:24 pm by SR » Logged

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Oldalgebra

after dark, all summer long

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 12:01:40 pm »

Movieman,
Where did you get your candy display rack? Please don't say that you've had it for so long you can't remember! Love the fact that it's not too wide.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:49:22 pm by Oldalgebra » Logged

movieman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 12:56:48 pm »

Specialitystores.com

rg
see you at the movies
Oldalgebra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 07:23:34 am »

Rats! The link doesn't work. Could you check it again for me?

movieman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 11:44:56 am »

speciality store service

rg
see you at the movies
Oldalgebra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 12:22:08 pm »

Thanks, MM. I don't think they carry yours anymore, but I see a couple like yours. And the prices are reasonable.

Did you make the sign? I'm going to look for a graphic like yours and add a sign to mine.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:24:34 pm by Oldalgebra » Logged

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 11:56:48 am »

Our menu at the Sit & Vue is Soda, Popcorn and a few frozen pizza selections.  We are thinking of adding some candy for 2016.  At the Night-Sky he just serves popcorn, bring your own everything else. 

I tried frozen pizza but it did not work out well....people kept breaking their teeth Wink
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 01:39:31 am »

Our menu at the Sit & Vue is Soda, Popcorn and a few frozen pizza selections.  We are thinking of adding some candy for 2016.  At the Night-Sky he just serves popcorn, bring your own everything else. 

I tried frozen pizza but it did not work out well....people kept breaking their teeth Wink

LOL.  Pizzacicle?  Well last year, probably a little later in the year than right now we were brain storming ideas that would be a simple dinner, or at least a heartier snack than just popcorn and soda.  We almost did hot dogs, but that is multi-part.  You got hot dogs, a machine, buns and condiments, I really like the hot dog idea, but it's also another thing to deal with that requires washing and cleaning.  Jake came up with the idea of cooking pizza on the gas grill.  Preheat grill, insert pizza, cook, remove, cut and serve.  Frozen pizza keep a long time in the freezer too.  Obviously it's not the best pizza in the world, but we have few folks that order one nearly every time they come.  On the other hand I'd imagine we would have a few more takers for hot dogs than we do for the pizza, so we may try it one day.  I also wanted to put nachos on the menu, just simple cheese nachos but that also hasn't happened yet.  Candy bars seem like a nice simple addition, for the new year.   

On another note we are about a month away from the first work day at the Sit & Vue.  Need to make repairs on the roof over the deck building, and figure out how we are going to get the snack table and snack equipment on the side of deck.  And at least pressure wash the plywood screen.   I know it needs paint, but in this area outdoor painting is reserved for mid-summer months.  We are shooting to open up in April this year, which would be our earliest opening ever.  We'll start with just using the plywood screen as we expect smaller audience in the cooler weather. 

Somewhere in there I need to take a day or two and go troubleshoot the speakers over at the night-sky, and train his new volunteer projectionist, on how to work VHS, setup and what to do when his ancient equipment goes sideways Smiley 

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 11:01:37 am »

Speaking of pizza to day is national pizza day
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 04:01:12 pm »

Speaking of pizza to day is national pizza day

Wow it is how could you have know that one?

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 04:15:31 pm »

LOL.  Pizzacicle?  Well last year, probably a little later in the year than right now we were brain storming ideas that would be a simple dinner, or at least a heartier snack than just popcorn and soda.  We almost did hot dogs, but that is multi-part.  You got hot dogs, a machine, buns and condiments, I really like the hot dog idea, but it's also another thing to deal with that requires washing and cleaning.  Jake came up with the idea of cooking pizza on the gas grill.  Preheat grill, insert pizza, cook, remove, cut and serve.  Frozen pizza keep a long time in the freezer too.  Obviously it's not the best pizza in the world, but we have few folks that order one nearly every time they come.  On the other hand I'd imagine we would have a few more takers for hot dogs than we do for the pizza, so we may try it one day.  I also wanted to put nachos on the menu, just simple cheese nachos but that also hasn't happened yet.  Candy bars seem like a nice simple addition, for the new year.   

On another note we are about a month away from the first work day at the Sit & Vue.  Need to make repairs on the roof over the deck building, and figure out how we are going to get the snack table and snack equipment on the side of deck.  And at least pressure wash the plywood screen.   I know it needs paint, but in this area outdoor painting is reserved for mid-summer months.  We are shooting to open up in April this year, which would be our earliest opening ever.  We'll start with just using the plywood screen as we expect smaller audience in the cooler weather. 

Somewhere in there I need to take a day or two and go troubleshoot the speakers over at the night-sky, and train his new volunteer projectionist, on how to work VHS, setup and what to do when his ancient equipment goes sideways Smiley 

Pepe's in new haven CT sent me a warning LOL...Anyone ever comes to CT you got to go to Pepe's.....If you like Pizza you will love Pepe's
redcar54

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 05:13:26 pm »

Episode 89 Twilight Zone
" It's a cookbook"
Jim
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:15:20 pm by redcar54 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: