Backyard Theater Forum
December 16, 2017, 11:22:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
76 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 11:22:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back to the Future 8-7-15  (Read 3858 times)
ss cinema

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2015, 03:56:07 pm »

On Friday the 7th I had one of my first real shows.  I invited family and friends who have never seen my big screen in action!  In the week preceding we Finally decided on Back to the Future for the feature film, and as much you will find time themed ideas behind other events from the evening.

My kids and Myself started the day at about noon and started cleaning up and setting up outside for the days festivities.  After i setup the stereo and projector in the garage for video games in the day time, i pretty much lost the kids to that for the next few hours.

After the kids got distracted and with little to no wind in the forcast, I went ahead and setup the screen outside for the main event that night.  Was finally able to drag my son away long enough to take a pic of me in front of my screen.  16 x 9 ft. Carls with frame parts Flexiwhite and loving it!

So around 3 in the afternoon, the screen is setup, the byt cart is in place, grill is out and ready to go and the fire pit is already burning wood.
Now just waiting on the guests.

Who show up and after a BBQ chicken dinner have come outside and enjoying the company while waiting for the sun to set.  Tried a panoramic shot with my tablet that I think turned out well, and one regular shot.

First up was the pre show! 
Time warp "music video" first.  (yeah, just a clip of the song from Rocky Horror)

A few cartoons that were all time themed to some degree, like the Disney classic short of Donald duck in "The clock watcher"

And also Time Travel Mater.

Then a few trailers including the infamous "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"  which had to be shown at a time travel themed movie showing

And finally the Feature!!

Everything went flawless.  It was a great night to be had for everyone.
We did try to watch Amazing Spiderman 2 after the future, but it started to sprinkle and looked like it might rain so I called it quits, got everything put up with some help from my buddy who stayed late. 

Can't wait till next time!!~!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:05:17 pm by ss cinema » Logged
ss cinema

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 06:17:59 pm »

Well I tried to add the pictures, but I guess I just don't know what I'm doing.  Is there a trick to this?  I'm trying to share them from my google drive, but they won't show up.  Anyone able to help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:34:37 am »

Well I tried to add the pictures, but I guess I just don't know what I'm doing.  Is there a trick to this?  I'm trying to share them from my google drive, but they won't show up.  Anyone able to help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Well I'm not really the most knowledgeable where it comes to the pictures.  Half the time I forget to take them the other half I can't remember how to get them on the website.

Wow your post just gave me several good ideas.  First of all I really need to do a Back to the Future marathon and show all three movies, but it'll have to go on next years list.  Labor day weekend will be the last weekend for the season that we'll be showing two movie each night, and I've already sent out the programing to the folks on theatre's mailing list. 

Second, Rocky Horror has a special connection to me with a local drive in that closed after 2012.  They showed that movie as the third feature usually on the third Thursday night of August.  It was a tradition there for them, and it has become one for the Sit & Vue, though I show it once a year as the third feature it's on a Saturday night.  I think that before I start the preshow I'm going to start playing Time warp.  Maybe I can pair the song with photos of the old drive in.  That seems like it would be a lot of fun. 

Thanks for ideas & I hope you get the pictures to work.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:55:18 am by SR » Logged

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
ss cinema

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 08:17:48 pm »

That's cool SR!  I was in the Army, stationed in VA beach, and every other sat they would play Rocky horror at midnight.  Full costume and acting along was included and it was a great time!  I plan to show the full movie next season.

I guess I'll have to do some more digging, I just built my byt cart 2.0 and wanna post a thread about it, but it would be way better with the pics I took!  Still looking for any help available.
ss cinema

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 10:02:57 pm »

Finally figured it out!
Mao

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 12:19:19 am »

"Back to the Future" is one of only three features we've repeated in our 9 years of doing this.

This season, it broke our house record. 30 guests! (That's a lot for our smallish backyard...)

Already settled on putting "BTTF II" into next season, as it's one of my favorites.

Just can't go wrong with "BTTF".

Sounds like you had a blast! Congrats!

Backyard Theater - Featured Member" border="0
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: