Backyard Theater Forum
December 13, 2017, 05:39:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
101 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 05:39:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Line up until Halloween  (Read 8683 times)
lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2015, 04:54:04 pm »

Had a bit of a break from showing movies due to family visits and a little vacay before kids headed back to school...
But this past weekend was a double header (yea longer nights starting): Ferris Bueller's Day Off & Raiders of the Lost Ark...

The line up from this weekend until Halloween is:
25 Sep
Big Trouble in Little China
Pulp Fiction

2 Oct
Mad Max ('79)
True Grit  ('69)

10 Oct
Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy

23 Oct
Argo
Hackers

30 Oct
The Mummy
Dracula Untold

"Hey, hey, bing bing bing bing bang! POPCORN!"
Sparge

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 08:36:18 am »

Low,

Those line ups look pretty good.  I might have to borrow one or two of those ideas for next year.

We're getting ready to wrap up our season with our annual dusk-to-dawn marathon.  Five movies in a row!  This is typically our best attended event with 30 to 40 folks.  We've developed something of a formula.  We usually lead off with a kid-friendly animated flick to get the families out to the show.  The second spot is usually a (Marvel) superhero movie which keeps the families around for at least a double-feature.  With the earlier start times we can get two movies in before the witching hour.  After midnight, the next three usually fall into the horror category.  It's time for small children and big babies to go home!  They usually go horror-comedy, straight up horror and messed up horror - in that order.  The last spot could also be called the "so bad they're good" category!  Cheesy

I've attached info on our line up for this year's dusk-to-dawn.  The PDF has live links to the movie trailers and info.

-Sparge-

* d2d.jpg (529.48 KB, 735x941 - viewed 324 times.)
* dusk to dawn.pdf (269.31 KB - downloaded 114 times.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:03:31 am by Sparge » Logged
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 01:16:09 am »

I have never made it any later into fall that the first week of October.  In this part of the country October is usually pretty wet, so I haven't planned movies beyond the 2nd and 3rd at this point.  Now that we have a dry place for the equipment we maybe able to run even later than that but rain means smaller turn outs.  During the main part of the summer season I try to plan the movies 4 - 6 weeks out.  Right now only 2.  So I'll plan for the 9th & the 10th after this weekend, if I think there is a chance of running movies that weekend. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Shrek

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 11:05:33 am »

You should consider adding Poultryguiest to one of them, way worse (in a good way) than Zombeavers, Tucker and Dale VS Evil is a good one too, all on Netflix

I would rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.
Sparge

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 08:57:33 pm »

We showed Tucker & Dale in the number three spot of our 2011 dusk-to-dawn line up.  Great movie!  I wish they would do a sequel!

-Sparge-
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 04:46:00 pm »

I think I have seen like 20 new movies or less in the last 25 years LOL  Sparge I have not seen or heard of one movie on your list. LOL

I am out of touch Shocked
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 10:42:36 pm »

I think I have seen like 20 new movies or less in the last 25 years LOL  Sparge I have not seen or heard of one movie on your list. LOL

I am out of touch Shocked

I haven't seen a new movie since the Valley Drive in closed in 2012, so I'm in the same boat as you.  I hope I don't offend anyone, but I honestly hate the hole indoor movie theater experience.   I keep telling myself I'll make the 100 mile one way trip to the nearest drive in that is still open to me, but it hasn't happened yet, likely because their season is about the same as mine. 

lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 11:46:28 am »

We are hit and miss on rain here in VA, but the last 2 weekends I've had to cancel due to lots of rain.  It is what it is, talked my regulars that come over and they don't mind the last minute cancels for rain, they like that I put the dates/times out there and can plan.  So we'll see how far into the year I can take it.  Hopefully in 2 years when I can kick my oldest out of the house, I can turn my youngest room in to a projection booth then will just have to have cover for patrons (for the light rains).

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 12:31:23 am »

We are hit and miss on rain here in VA, but the last 2 weekends I've had to cancel due to lots of rain.  It is what it is, talked my regulars that come over and they don't mind the last minute cancels for rain, they like that I put the dates/times out there and can plan.  So we'll see how far into the year I can take it.  Hopefully in 2 years when I can kick my oldest out of the house, I can turn my youngest room in to a projection booth then will just have to have cover for patrons (for the light rains).

I've definitely had my fair share of rain outs too so I understand what you mean.  Even now with an area to keep the equipment dry we still have rain outs, just because no one seams to want to sit outside in the driving rain.  Imagine that  Smiley

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 09:48:03 am »

Rain can be the toughest thing along with equipment failure to deal with in BYT. If you have friends that come a fair distance  (like I do) it is no fun for them or me because of those "chance of rain" nights. It is hard to have a rain date because everyone's summer is so busy. People don't like things canceled so feed them LOL

If you have a BBQ (gets expensive if you do it a few times each summer) at least you can feed them & send them home LOL.

Nothing is done without a price so that is what we need to deal with.

I remember a few times when I was single & had a boat inviting friends out for a day on the water. If the weather changed we did not go out (no Gilligan's Island for me). They did not understand what the dangers were on the high seas. People still don't!

If you have a large group most of us can't "take it inside" because our outdoor space is larger than our indoor seating area.

So, what will I show for Halloween it I ever get my BYT up.

1) Horror Hotel a great classic sleeper of a movie.....I still keep one eye closed watching it....Lol.......but get a good copy the bad ones are real bad. It has a great ending!

2) Genesis home by the sea....ghosts

3) Abbott & Costello meet frankie.....I have seen it maybe 50 times but it is still great.

lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 10:07:08 am »

Thankfully we don't have anyone coming any significant distance to see our movies, more of dealing with traffic from DC.  I do my best to ask my regulars what they think (movies shown, times, sound quality, picture quality, etc...) and I get a few outrageous request (only because I have some smartass friends) but on the whole they just flat out enjoy coming over and hanging out.   As was said before somewhere else on this site, I'm my own worst critic...  I do have ideas to improve the BYT but it goes into the BIG MASSIVE list of things to do around the house.   

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 10:20:18 am »

Thankfully we don't have anyone coming any significant distance to see our movies, more of dealing with traffic from DC.  I do my best to ask my regulars what they think (movies shown, times, sound quality, picture quality, etc...) and I get a few outrageous request (only because I have some smartass friends) but on the whole they just flat out enjoy coming over and hanging out.   As was said before somewhere else on this site, I'm my own worst critic...  I do have ideas to improve the BYT but it goes into the BIG MASSIVE list of things to do around the house.   

I agree it is really the company that counts......except when I show movies to myself LOL. Hanging out & chilling is what many hobbies are about. I Like the BS that comes after playing airsoft with my son & friends. I love hanging out at the dock or restaurant at the club talking boating & I love talking to my BYT Ct. friends. When I tailgate at a game it is the best........& so on

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: