Backyard Theater Forum
December 15, 2017, 03:23:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
92 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 03:23:09 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Optoma HD141x review?  (Read 5702 times)
DavidCoppola

Summer Cinema Under the Stars

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2015, 06:56:29 am »

Howdy...looking to get a true HD projector. Need some advice. My budget is low and this will be used primarily on a 7-8 foot scree in my basement with a 9-10' throw. Maybe, occasionally outdoors.
I have been looking at the Optoma HD 141x.

Anyone have one? Or can direct me to another one around the same price? I am getting around $550 quotes on this one.
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 02:08:45 am »

I have this projector and I can't recommend it enough.  It has a decent internal speaker, the resolution is phenomenal.  It warms up and cools down quickly.  I am a nut for 3D movies which this really excels at, our guest are always blown away by how good 3D looks on it.  I have run 10 sets of glasses off of it, with no issues.  It comes with a remote, which I haven't really used, and the cord is a reasonable length and easily reaches my power strip.  I do sometimes have issues getting sound to come out of my sound bar vs. the internal speaker, but that is probably operator error and it is easy to mute the projector.  It isn't a short throw projector by any means.  The one thing I wish it had was the standard tripod mount, I had to built a mounting plate myself to use it with my tripod.  I hope this helps in your decision making.

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 02:58:07 am »

I have this projector and I can't recommend it enough.  It has a decent internal speaker, the resolution is phenomenal.  It warms up and cools down quickly.  I am a nut for 3D movies which this really excels at, our guest are always blown away by how good 3D looks on it.  I have run 10 sets of glasses off of it, with no issues.  It comes with a remote, which I haven't really used, and the cord is a reasonable length and easily reaches my power strip.  I do sometimes have issues getting sound to come out of my sound bar vs. the internal speaker, but that is probably operator error and it is easy to mute the projector.  It isn't a short throw projector by any means.  The one thing I wish it had was the standard tripod mount, I had to built a mounting plate myself to use it with my tripod.  I hope this helps in your decision making.

I just did a slightly more in depth review in a post on my blog, the link in my signature block will take you there.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:15:36 am by Redsparow1 » Logged

Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 02:21:56 am »

I just did a slightly more in depth review in a post on my blog, the link in my signature block will take you there.

I found the below deal on slickdeals.net today.  This is a screaming deal if you have an Amazon visa.

"Amazon VISA Rewards Card Offer: Optoma HD141X 1080p 3D DLP Home Theater Projector $439.20 + Free Shipping
Amazon

For those interested

Note, offer will require an Amazon VISA Rewards Card as your payment of method. Scroll down to to "Special Offers and Product Promotions" and located the Cardmember exclusive offer for details.
Optoma HD141X 1080p 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
$439.20 + Free Shipping valid w/ Amazon Rewards Card (discount will apply at checkout or apply promo code ARC20SPRING) "

You can find my review on this projector at my blog in my signature block.  Just select "setup" on the right and it will show up in the listing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: