Backyard Theater Forum
December 11, 2017, 03:33:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
87 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 03:33:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guests sign up if you can.....stop lurking lol  (Read 5152 times)
genesis76

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2016, 04:30:05 pm »

This forum needs new members...fresh blood as Dracula would say. To stay good we need give & take in here. I feel people come here just for info & that is good but we need your ideas & recipes bug control, homemade screens etc.

Come on in the water is great take the plunge!  We need you. Mr Johnson has already posted great stuff as a new member.

I don't get paid a dime here so what I say is from the heart.  We need new members so that us old timers can get a rest LOL. If you do it as a business or for friends we need you. Not everyone here is an expert you would have thought in my eight years here I would have learned something Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.

Not all of us spend tons of money on this hobby.

If you are thinking of starting come on in. If you know about food come on in. If you know about movies come on in. If you like concert movies come on in & if you like sports com on in.  It can only be a great site with lots of good people. So stop looking & please join.
ranman101

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 01:29:47 am »

Many do want to sign up, but can't get approved. Seems like there is a huge delay or they are being ignored. I have talked to many that want to be here. Take a look at the Now Online area, every time I'm here it says one user (me) and right now 59 guest. I love this site, it has been a wealth of information, but I now get more help on Facebook, because so many aren't getting approved. I would hate to see this site die. If there is anything we can do to help, I'm in.
ranman101

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 01:37:50 am »

Just took a look, last person accepted to site was on 2015-12-28. 3 Months and no one wants to join? I don't think so.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 07:34:54 am »

Many do want to sign up, but can't get approved. Seems like there is a huge delay or they are being ignored. I have talked to many that want to be here. Take a look at the Now Online area, every time I'm here it says one user (me) and right now 59 guest. I love this site, it has been a wealth of information, but I now get more help on Facebook, because so many aren't getting approved. I would hate to see this site die. If there is anything we can do to help, I'm in.

I agree to a point...for years we have had many guests more them members on line but we still had new people joining & regular members on here more often.  Now how are you getting people to talk to you about this site if they are not on it....if I may ask you that??

phikapjames

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 10:42:50 pm »

I agree to a point...for years we have had many guests more them members on line but we still had new people joining & regular members on here more often.  Now how are you getting people to talk to you about this site if they are not on it....if I may ask you that??

I remember having to wait numerous months to get approved and had almost forgot.  Between some Facebook groups and also people that come over (child's friend's parents) for movie night who actually knew the site and said the same thing.  If it takes more than a couple days, people tend to give up.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:44:39 pm by phikapjames » Logged
ranman101

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 03:00:47 am »

I'm a part of a Facebook backyard theaters run by Tronn. Many times people are on there asking why no one approves them. I admit I don't come here as often, but part of that is the lack of new post. Look at the dates of post and there are some huge gaps in time. I really miss the way it used to be.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 08:26:19 am »

I'm a part of a Facebook backyard theaters run by Tronn. Many times people are on there asking why no one approves them. I admit I don't come here as often, but part of that is the lack of new post. Look at the dates of post and there are some huge gaps in time. I really miss the way it used to be.

I agree 100% But why ...I know some of you are getting older (Not me). The economy stinks, but you would think with this much fun people would be posting more. I know my class of 2008 had many people on here asking questions could we have supplied all the answers on here already (I am just joking folks).

I am on a sports site & a Food site & the topics never end. Add in drinks & grill areas etc we should be flocked with new ideas & questions. People like Sparge & OA were helping people almost everyday answering questions on setup & equipment.  Dennis (god rest his BYT soul) (he is alive folks but not his byt) & I were answering questions on Bugs & Alcohol Shocked Shocked.

But one thing is for sure you new people must sign up even if it takes you a month or more. The way this site was a couple of years ago could happen again.

Look even SR changes his name because the publicity was getting too him Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Any time he went out people were chasing him for his autograph. Grin Grin Not the way to live! Wink***

*** with the age of his truck it was not hard to catch him Grin Grin Wink
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:36:10 am by genesis76 » Logged
rich92069

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 08:49:16 pm »

I have been so busy.. I browse the site at least once a month and contribute when I feel  can. I do miss the old buzz around this place. Not sure new blood is what will rekindle the fire though.

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 09:28:46 pm »

I have been so busy.. I browse the site at least once a month and contribute when I feel  can. I do miss the old buzz around this place. Not sure new blood is what will rekindle the fire though.

good to see you Rich but new blood mixed with the old is what we need lol
satch

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 03:05:48 am »

We need a combo of all old versus new to active and non active members

need a spark to fire us all up again,

My two cents from Canada
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 08:54:56 am »

Satch we need you to do a,live feed from one of your concerts to get us going Grin
rich92069

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 11:05:09 am »

tell me what you guys need I will help stoke the fire..  I think the momentum of any forum largely rest in the hands of owner/operator.  I also think that over the last couple years inflatable screens have become more popular and affordable. You have less and less folks developing and building there own backyard movie screens by hand.

Backyard Movie Theaters are the future of entertainment. In the next 2 years or less we will be able to rent new release movie theater movies from home.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/startup-plans-to-air-new-movies-in-home-for-50/

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 01:21:50 am »

tell me what you guys need I will help stoke the fire..  I think the momentum of any forum largely rest in the hands of owner/operator.  I also think that over the last couple years inflatable screens have become more popular and affordable. You have less and less folks developing and building there own backyard movie screens by hand.

As I just posted in another thread I don't begrudge Randy wanting to or needing to do other things than login and work on the forums and approve new members, what I do wish is that he would let someone that has been on this forums for at least a few years to be able to help him with new member approvals.  I understand why he doesn't want to do automatic approvals, though.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 07:33:19 am »

As I just posted in another thread I don't begrudge Randy wanting to or needing to do other things than login and work on the forums and approve new members, what I do wish is that he would let someone that has been on this forums for at least a few years to be able to help him with new member approvals.  I understand why he doesn't want to do automatic approvals, though.

A volunteer folks Wink Wink Wink
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 10:45:35 am »

A volunteer folks Wink Wink Wink
I've tried to volunteer and been turned down in the past.  And if he reads this I'd still be more than willing to volunteer to help with new member approvals.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: