Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 01:50:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
84 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:50:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call out to SR, OA, Sparge, Movieman etc  (Read 4608 times)
genesis76

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2016, 07:43:56 am »

& all you regulars on here.

If you care about new members & if they are having a tough time joining......The standards can't be too high as I am on here Grin Grin  tell them to wait a little longer as it does take some time. 

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:21:38 pm by genesis76 » Logged
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 03:19:27 pm »

Hey all new members that do join please introduce yourselves when you join. Tell us a little about your setup or plans.

This is a great site & is only better when members post questions & answers to peoples needs.

We also need information on new products store bought & homemade.

New recipes are needed as "man does not live on BYT alone"

« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:27:02 am by genesis76 » Logged
movieman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 05:47:32 am »

Love this site. Been a member for YEARS!
Wish it was more active like other sites. Not sure about the folks who try to join but get put on hold. Have to talk to Randy.
 I find a lot of great info on this site. Hope it doesn't fade away like the Drive-ins did.

Movieman

* DSC01066.JPG (164.42 KB, 640x480 - viewed 215 times.)

* DSC01037.JPG (165.08 KB, 640x480 - viewed 216 times.)

rg
see you at the movies
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 08:29:40 am »

Love this site. Been a member for YEARS!
Wish it was more active like other sites. Not sure about the folks who try to join but get put on hold. Have to talk to Randy.
 I find a lot of great info on this site. Hope it doesn't fade away like the Drive-ins did.

Movieman

You see folks one of the great people on this site. Including my BYT Movieman has helped 1,000's with his knowledge of BYT & theater in general.

Corzak

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 10:03:27 am »

Haven't posted in quite a while. I hadn't done BYT in months but had one of my buddies call when the new Stars Wars came out so I loaded up the truck and headed down to Coconut Grove. When we've done BYT recently we've been relying on just a sound bar and sub woofer. I hadn't pulled out the 5.1 in probably 3-4 years. Didn't think the sound bar would do Stars Wars justice! Had a ball! I have this site opened in my web browser 24/7. I think one of the biggest issues is that during the winter months the site hibernates! I think everyone on the site needs to move down here to Florida so you can do BYT year round and give you more to talk about! lol
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:10:04 am by Corzak » Logged
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 11:26:14 am »

Haven't posted in quite a while. I hadn't done BYT in months but had one of my buddies call when the new Stars Wars came out so I loaded up the truck and headed down to Coconut Grove. When we've done BYT recently we've been relying on just a sound bar and sub woofer. I hadn't pulled out the 5.1 in probably 3-4 years. Didn't think the sound bar would do Stars Wars justice! Had a ball! I have this site opened in my web browser 24/7. I think one of the biggest issues is that during the winter months the site hibernates! I think everyone on the site needs to move down here to Florida so you can do BYT year round and give you more to talk about! lol

In The olds days this site was still active in the winter...not as active but active people working on projects, popcorn machines Etc etc etc.

It is a great site but I always wonder why people lurk on sites, I love to jump on in but that is me.  I have become a mod on two football sites & I am active on a BBQ site as well as a Genesis site. I wish more lurkers would join these sites but I guess It is what it is.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 01:31:14 pm by genesis76 » Logged
ranman101

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 06:37:06 pm »

People aren't necessarily lurking as much as they are not getting approved. I'm on the Facebook site that Tronn started, and here from many that they put in a request and months later nothing. I looked up on this site and the last approval was mid December. I don't want to see this place go away. If there is anything we can do let us know.   
Sparge

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 07:23:33 pm »

I'm still around and check in from time-to-time.  I'm #2 on the site's Top Ten Posters list and #1 on the Most Time Online list even though I'm not here as often.  However, the fact I'm not even listed on the Top Topic Starters kind of tells the tale.  I generally answer other folks questions or make recommendations based on their posts.  I don't start a lot of new ones myself.  If that other traffic dies away then mine does indirectly as well.

I don't hang out on the Facebook BYT page.  FB doesn't really lend itself as a knowledge repository.  It does however work very well at satisfying the immediate gratification needs of today's population.   Roll Eyes

It's unfortunate if this site is losing traffic to FB because new members aren't being approved in timely fashion.  I know Randy does have a standard he uses to keep the riff raff off the site which I appreciate.  However, it does tend to delay the approval process.

An another note, it's hard to get excited about the new BYT season when we just got 2-3 inches of snow in northern Ohio over the weekend!

-Sparge-
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 11:32:03 pm »

I'm still around and check in from time-to-time.  I'm #2 on the site's Top Ten Posters list and #1 on the Most Time Online list even though I'm not here as often.  However, the fact I'm not even listed on the Top Topic Starters kind of tells the tale.  I generally answer other folks questions or make recommendations based on their posts.  I don't start a lot of new ones myself.  If that other traffic dies away then mine does indirectly as well.

I don't hang out on the Facebook BYT page.  FB doesn't really lend itself as a knowledge repository.  It does however work very well at satisfying the immediate gratification needs of today's population.   Roll Eyes

It's unfortunate if this site is losing traffic to FB because new members aren't being approved in timely fashion.  I know Randy does have a standard he uses to keep the riff raff off the site which I appreciate.  However, it does tend to delay the approval process.

An another note, it's hard to get excited about the new BYT season when we just got 2-3 inches of snow in northern Ohio over the weekend!

-Sparge-

Sparge please don't send it our way It is so cold outside now
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 11:33:25 pm »

I agree on facebook sparge..This is where BYT belongs
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 01:06:39 am »

Sorry I've been the slow one this time, but that's me a little slow  Smiley Smiley  I don't know.  I have noticed that there will be periods that the only person who can approve new members will go for a few months without logging in.  I don't begrudge him for wanting to do things other than work on the forum, but at the same time I wish he would let at least one of us that has been here for a few years the ability to approve new members so we can keep the new members coming and get them approved in a timely fashion.  With that said I haven't had anyone approach me since last winter complaining that they couldn't get registered.  I just wish he'd let one of us help with new member approvals.

I'm totally Anti-Facebook.  I do have a facebook account, because I run the facebook site for another organization, it was a requirement of the job.  Honestly I hate it.  I see how from a business prospective facebook is another avenue to advertise what you do and people will see it, but for a forum or data base it's useless to me. 

With that said I love this site and I will continue to post and be active here regardless of new approvals, because even though I have never met any one on the forums in person, I do feel like I have built friendships with a number for members that are here.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 07:36:53 am »

Sorry I've been the slow one this time, but that's me a little slow  Smiley Smiley  I don't know.  I have noticed that there will be periods that the only person who can approve new members will go for a few months without logging in.  I don't begrudge him for wanting to do things other than work on the forum, but at the same time I wish he would let at least one of us that has been here for a few years the ability to approve new members so we can keep the new members coming and get them approved in a timely fashion.  With that said I haven't had anyone approach me since last winter complaining that they couldn't get registered.  I just wish he'd let one of us help with new member approvals.

I'm totally Anti-Facebook.  I do have a facebook account, because I run the facebook site for another organization, it was a requirement of the job.  Honestly I hate it.  I see how from a business prospective facebook is another avenue to advertise what you do and people will see it, but for a forum or data base it's useless to me. 

With that said I love this site and I will continue to post and be active here regardless of new approvals, because even though I have never met any one on the forums in person, I do feel like I have built friendships with a number for members that are here.

You may be the last man standing LOL.

I don't have a facebook page but my Dog does Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  Long story.

But I agree when it comes to BYT this is the place to be.
GolfPT

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 08:22:40 pm »

-Sparge-

Sparge,

Where are you in Northern Ohio. I live about 15 mins east of Cleveland. Sorry to thread jack.
Towndrunk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 10:02:55 am »

-Sparge-

Sparge,

Where are you in Northern Ohio. I live about 15 mins east of Cleveland. Sorry to thread jack.

I was wondering the same thing.  I'm in between Toledo and Sandusky here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: