Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 10:12:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
107 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 10:12:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BBQ Grills & outdoor cooking stations  (Read 10667 times)
fastbilly1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 02:14:20 pm »

You have a nice site there...Is it like 25 by 12? You can do a lot of cooking in a space like that.  If you join the cooking site my name there is "Tailgating is my game" I really am just a weekend cook but there are some amazing cooks on the site.
Ill keep it in mind once I get my servers back in line for my site.  Space in the immediate grilling area is about 40x12, with another 20x12 under the overhang.  The photo is not of the entire space obviously.  But my old space was 6x8, you just gotta make do with what you can.  One of my prime reasons for buying this house was the huge amount of patio space.  There are dual sliding doors out to it from our den/entertainment room (which is 900+ sq ft).  So during big events, like the Derby last weekend, we can host 50 people with no issue.  Much like your sunroom setup.

My area  is about 12 by 6 I have an outdoor sink. The 18 inch Webber & my large sears gas grill with side burner in this area. I can also put out my IR Char broil big easy in this space when I need too. My pizza oven gets put on our patio when we use it. The reason for this is we can make pizzas by the outdoor dinning table. This works best for us as we can all make the pizzas together.  The dinning area is around 20 by 12. We also have a bar there with three chairs. I do not have an outdoor fridge as I have a six day cooler & I get free ice from my club.
How do you like the IR fryer?  I was eyeballing one recently, instead of getting a propane grill.  A fryer would me more useful to me for homestyle fries.  Now if I want to fry, I use a camping grill and a pot of lard...  I am very jealous of you sink.  I do not have one and do not have away of getting one setup.  I looked into getting an outdoor water cooler that I could modify into a sink, but my wife vetoed that idea (for now).  I have a wetbar directly inside, so we get by, but an outdoor sink and more storage would make the backyard pretty much perfect.

I have six speakers setup two under the sunroom for the patio, two out by the pool & two in the sunroom. So it may not be ideal but it works well for us.
I need to have permanent outdoor speakers, currently I just bring out my Cerwin Vega AT12s on the Screened Porch and run a audio Chromecast into it.  I control it all from my phone but others can log in and make a change if they need to.  My phone is waterproof and so I can control it from a raft in the pool.  I just need to bite the bullet and buy a bunch of rock speakers for ambient music around the backyard.

I save the best for last LOL I have two seats from Busch Stadium ll next to my grill area so my friends can sit & talk to me as I grill. It even has a bottle opener for them so they don't have to get up.......Also, it has a red rope light on the house next to the seats ...the rope is the shape of the STL Arch  LOL
That is awesome.  We have Home Depot Adirondack chairs and temporary benches made of PT lumber and cinderblocks.  But later this year when they destroy the Braves stadium, I am buying a set of four seats, if not more.  As a former Atlantean, I am remiss that I did not get chairs from the Olympic Stadium, but the Braves Stadium is a close second (and they are rumored to be $100 a set). 

What I wish In had was a fireproof overhang for the grill for when it really rains hard maybe in a couple of years. Do you have a deck above yours or is it open air?
Open air.  I dont mind getting wet usually.  Earlier this year we were snowed in for a week and I smoked a butt on the egg and cooked some chickens on the charcoal.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 02:33:10 pm »

You have a nice site there...Is it like 25 by 12? You can do a lot of cooking in a space like that.  If you join the cooking site my name there is "Tailgating is my game" I really am just a weekend cook but there are some amazing cooks on the site.
Ill keep it in mind once I get my servers back in line for my site.  Space in the immediate grilling area is about 40x12, with another 20x12 under the overhang.  The photo is not of the entire space obviously.  But my old space was 6x8, you just gotta make do with what you can.  One of my prime reasons for buying this house was the huge amount of patio space.  There are dual sliding doors out to it from our den/entertainment room (which is 900+ sq ft).  So during big events, like the Derby last weekend, we can host 50 people with no issue.  Much like your sunroom setup.

My area  is about 12 by 6 I have an outdoor sink. The 18 inch Webber & my large sears gas grill with side burner in this area. I can also put out my IR Char broil big easy in this space when I need too. My pizza oven gets put on our patio when we use it. The reason for this is we can make pizzas by the outdoor dinning table. This works best for us as we can all make the pizzas together.  The dinning area is around 20 by 12. We also have a bar there with three chairs. I do not have an outdoor fridge as I have a six day cooler & I get free ice from my club.
How do you like the IR fryer?  I was eyeballing one recently, instead of getting a propane grill.  A fryer would me more useful to me for homestyle fries.  Now if I want to fry, I use a camping grill and a pot of lard...  I am very jealous of you sink.  I do not have one and do not have away of getting one setup.  I looked into getting an outdoor water cooler that I could modify into a sink, but my wife vetoed that idea (for now).  I have a wetbar directly inside, so we get by, but an outdoor sink and more storage would make the backyard pretty much perfect.

I have six speakers setup two under the sunroom for the patio, two out by the pool & two in the sunroom. So it may not be ideal but it works well for us.
I need to have permanent outdoor speakers, currently I just bring out my Cerwin Vega AT12s on the Screened Porch and run a audio Chromecast into it.  I control it all from my phone but others can log in and make a change if they need to.  My phone is waterproof and so I can control it from a raft in the pool.  I just need to bite the bullet and buy a bunch of rock speakers for ambient music around the backyard.

I save the best for last LOL I have two seats from Busch Stadium ll next to my grill area so my friends can sit & talk to me as I grill. It even has a bottle opener for them so they don't have to get up.......Also, it has a red rope light on the house next to the seats ...the rope is the shape of the STL Arch  LOL
That is awesome.  We have Home Depot Adirondack chairs and temporary benches made of PT lumber and cinderblocks.  But later this year when they destroy the Braves stadium, I am buying a set of four seats, if not more.  As a former Atlantean, I am remiss that I did not get chairs from the Olympic Stadium, but the Braves Stadium is a close second (and they are rumored to be $100 a set). 

What I wish In had was a fireproof overhang for the grill for when it really rains hard maybe in a couple of years. Do you have a deck above yours or is it open air?
Open air.  I dont mind getting wet usually.  Earlier this year we were snowed in for a week and I smoked a butt on the egg and cooked some chickens on the charcoal.

You have a great setup & great prices on those Stadium seats I had to pay $500.00 for those two seats from Busch Cry

The Big easy is great for chickens & Turkey & they say very good for ribs too.  I have just the basic model but with the more advanced you can grill & smoke with it.

The Portable fryer is just good for small groups I have done fries for ten with it but I really got it for tailgating. On my wish list  is an outdoor cooker that will do large frying & Clam/lobster bakes
hb_hound

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 07:18:59 pm »

Everything depends on the crowd

Small grill / smoker

UDS for small / med BBQ gatherings

Eight Burner grill for hamburgers / hotdogs and such

And the large smoker for the big crowds

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 07:28:59 pm »

That food looks great! I am nota very good cook but I keep trying when I have the time.

I am a tailgater that does not love chili ot pulled pork......go figure

Chicken, ribs burgers & dogs are my thing.
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 02:31:48 am »

I don't know if anyone here has experience with using a Salt Plate on the grill.  I just bought one and did a review on it, I thought the folks following this thread might be interested.

I bought a Charcoal Companion: Himalayan Salt Plate and Holder from Amazon.com during Prime Day after having dinner at a buddy's and being blown away by the results.  My personal experience was less than stellar, my buddy must have spent hours preheating the salt block to get it hot enough to cook on.

Bottom Line:  The Salt Plate adds awesome flavor, takes forever and a day to get hot enough to cook on, and is fairly easy to clean.  I don't know how often I will use it for the length of time it takes for it to preheat.

Photos and more in depth review below.

http://www.backyardmovies.net/?p=340

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 08:11:47 am »

I don't know if anyone here has experience with using a Salt Plate on the grill.  I just bought one and did a review on it, I thought the folks following this thread might be interested.

I bought a Charcoal Companion: Himalayan Salt Plate and Holder from Amazon.com during Prime Day after having dinner at a buddy's and being blown away by the results.  My personal experience was less than stellar, my buddy must have spent hours preheating the salt block to get it hot enough to cook on.

Bottom Line:  The Salt Plate adds awesome flavor, takes forever and a day to get hot enough to cook on, and is fairly easy to clean.  I don't know how often I will use it for the length of time it takes for it to preheat.

Photos and more in depth review below.

http://www.backyardmovies.net/?p=340

RS if anyone does these people may. It is a great site for BBQ      http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php

Taligating is my game    is my forum name over there...I will post a link to your review & see if I can get you some answers
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2016, 02:34:52 pm »

Ok for a start...use the Oven at 500 D's to get her up to temp

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=18098.msg239015;topicseen#msg239015

Another post has been started today    http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=18101.0;topicseen
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2016, 03:47:59 pm »

I remember keeping up with this thread back in April when it was started.  I'm surprised that I never posted.  I'm much lower brow than most of you.  I won't bore you with to much back story, but as most of you know we give away snacks at the theatre for a suggested donation, with the understanding that money raised goes back into the theater.   So we do popcorn, soda in the can, and 3 types of pizza, cheese, peperoni and combination.  Went into detail about the popcorn on another thread, so I'll stick to the pizza.  We buy frozen pizzas from the grocery store and cook them on a gas grill.  Sure there not as good as a home made pizza, but you would be surprised how many folks will buy them.  And we can kick them out quickly when needed.   

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 04:24:21 pm »

I remember keeping up with this thread back in April when it was started.  I'm surprised that I never posted.  I'm much lower brow than most of you.  I won't bore you with to much back story, but as most of you know we give away snacks at the theatre for a suggested donation, with the understanding that money raised goes back into the theater.   So we do popcorn, soda in the can, and 3 types of pizza, cheese, peperoni and combination.  Went into detail about the popcorn on another thread, so I'll stick to the pizza.  We buy frozen pizzas from the grocery store and cook them on a gas grill.  Sure there not as good as a home made pizza, but you would be surprised how many folks will buy them.  And we can kick them out quickly when needed.   

SR have you ever thought about doing a BBQ night with your viewers doing some cooking or a pot luck supper night
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2016, 09:38:44 pm »

If you guys were to buy a Blackstone, I think it would probably be more efficient than your grill and you could probably crank out pizzas faster.  They would also make the frozen pizza's feel more high end!  If you could find one on craigslist that would be a real score, we love ours...I need to a review on it.

Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 09:41:54 pm »

Ok for a start...use the Oven at 500 D's to get her up to temp

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=18098.msg239015;topicseen#msg239015

Another post has been started today    http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=18101.0;topicseen

Thanks for the link, it looks like most have come to the same conclusion I have...probably more trouble than it is worth.  Living in Hawaii with no central air, one of the advantages of cooking outside is not heating up the house with oven...

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 11:53:38 pm »

Redsparow1:
Oh, I must be loosing my edge for thrift.  I looked at the price and stopped thinking about the Blackstone, used of course that's the ticket.  I will add that to my list of things I keep an eye out for on craigslist.  As far as the grill, it is just as fast as an oven try to keep the flame so it stays at about 350 and other than some grill lines no one ever sees it's pretty much the same as oven.  I do very much like the idea of getting a Blackstone after reading this thread Smiley Smiley 

Genesis:
We have never truly done a potluck dinner.  The closest thing was when the theatre was single screen and in my backyard we did what we called snack exchange table.  Basically potluck snacks.   When we do the all night camping night where we let folks put up small tents in the yard and play movies from dusk to dawn.  At dawn when the last movie ends everyone crawls in there tent for a little sleep and sometime around 11AM or so I cook pancakes outside on my old coleman stove, for everyone.  I wonder if you guys would be interested in this one.  So my old coleman stove is actually a Yellow & Blue Sear stove that was made by coleman in 1965, takes white gas and has three burners.  I have a large heavy cast iron grill plate that covers all three burners.  Since I haven't gone camping since mid-2000s, no time for that after BYT, it's one of the few times a year it still gets used.   If it wasn't for the fact that next Saturday the 13th is the all night camping night I would bring up the idea of potluck dinner for that night.  And yes it is Saturday the 13th and yes we will be playing Friday the 13th, although it won't be until very late after the kids have gone home or are zipped up in thier sleeping bags for the night.  So I guess technically we'll be showing it early morning on the 14th..... humm it just lost some meaning there.  Oh well, it is want it is Smiley

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: