Backyard Theater Forum
December 13, 2017, 09:50:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
120 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 09:50:35 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 12078 times)
Towndrunk

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2016, 07:43:57 pm »

I know it has been a while since I've been on here, but last time I was here I remember there being a lot more activity.  Is it just that time of year and it will pick up later, or do people just not visit the forums all to often anymore?
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 08:22:56 pm »

I know it has been a while since I've been on here, but last time I was here I remember there being a lot more activity.  Is it just that time of year and it will pick up later, or do people just not visit the forums all to often anymore?

Um, well have you read any of the recent posts?  A number of us have been lamenting how much it has slowed down.  This winter and last winter were pretty slow on the forums, last summer was busier than the winter but still slower than it use to be.  Speculation has run from new members not getting approved in a timely fashion and also that so much stuff is available to buy ready to use for BYT that there maybe fewer people with questions, to even the possibility that folks are using facebook for BYT info.    It's pretty obvious just looking at the member list that approvals for new members are definitely an issue.   But it seems at this point that we have little control over it, which saddens me. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Towndrunk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 09:18:47 pm »

Yeah, I read a few of them and saw the same few people posting.  I know that when I first joined this site that it took quite some time to get approval.  When the site was down for a while, I know someone created a Facebook Page.  It doesn't get a lot of traffic, very similar to here.

There is still a lot of valuable information here though, even if people don't post as much as they used to.  I use it for reference and ideas.  I was just curious if there was a reason.  I know my friends have all be asking me when I'm going set mine up again, so I'm sure others are getting the same nudge.
Yendor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 11:25:42 pm »

I haven't been on here in years due to constant camping trips, that is changing this year. We will be home just about every weekend due to work commitments. So, it will be flame on!! Hopefully things will pick up around here.
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 11:46:57 pm »

I haven't been on here in years due to constant camping trips, that is changing this year. We will be home just about every weekend due to work commitments. So, it will be flame on!! Hopefully things will pick up around here.

Welcome back.  I just looked at your previous posts just to get a idea how many years it had been.  Your last post was just a few months after I came in.  So I'll be looking forward to getting to know you this summer.  As for the site I also hope that it will pick up around here, but the problem with getting new approvals done, or done in a timely fashion has been going on for years or at least off and on for years. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 09:15:19 am »

In 2008 I think I got right in. I believe I joined within a few weeks of Sparge. I don't remember a wait at all. Maybe Randy thought I was Sparges son Wink Wink Grin Grin.

Anyway I think within two months this place will be up & running at full speed so please everyone hang in there until then.

I have a feeling Randy may need us for support until then. We need to keep posting some fun stuff......Let see where are my baby pictures Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I would like to post a section on grilling & Food for outdoors as man does not live by BYT alone but no one seems interested so I will try one more time in a week & see what happens. SR You have done some great posts on Am & FM wireless but if anyone like Rich wants to do a new section on Screens feel free to chime in.

We really could use advice on where to buy popcorn supplies & Candy etc at a good price. On the cooking site someone posted a special on Kingsford Charcoal at Home Depot & I along with many others took advantage of this deal this week. We could do the same here.

I don't buy lots of candy but when I do the place I like to buy from is dollar tree. I know Costco has good bulk deals but again I am no expert.

In my eyes the reason people come back to this & other sites is my jokes is for fresh information I am always checking the BBQ site for deals.

This kind of information is fresh & saves us money.

Did I tell you folks the one about the traveling salesman............................................ Wink
Yendor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 10:14:32 am »

genesis76, I totally am with you on the grilling/food deal. I will lurk out those posts. Typically after getting my screen set up it is time to smoke some wings or make some things on the grill or in one of my smokers.

I initially came here to see if my ideas would work, my wife thought I was nuts, but there were very few commercially available items for outdoor theaters. My how times have changed! I would hope that some of the folks that buy the off the shelf products would come in here and review what they have. I may want to switch to a simpler system in the future and it would be nice to know what can take the wind and has easy set up and tear down.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 10:34:11 am »

genesis76, I totally am with you on the grilling/food deal. I will lurk out those posts. Typically after getting my screen set up it is time to smoke some wings or make some things on the grill or in one of my smokers.

I initially came here to see if my ideas would work, my wife thought I was nuts, but there were very few commercially available items for outdoor theaters. My how times have changed! I would hope that some of the folks that buy the off the shelf products would come in here and review what they have. I may want to switch to a simpler system in the future and it would be nice to know what can take the wind and has easy set up and tear down.

Hi Yender: There are a million sites out there but this is one that I am on.

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php

It is a fun site that a bunch of us went to after the Char-broil site closed down. I know less about grilling then I know about BYT Shocked Shocked Shocked But it is a fun site. There are few others from MN there DH holly being one of the better ones on the site. Many people from the south.

I love to tailgate so I will be easy to find on the site.

You got to answer me one question?HuhHuh? Do you really cook out at -40 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Now I can see Satch showing a concert video at -40 but Baby that is cold outside.

I think food & BYT have a lot in common. 
Yendor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 10:56:03 am »

The site I frequent for BBQ is the BBQ Brethren

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php

Here to are great people with a mind for meat prep. I like to cook and spend plenty of time doing it. I am no pro, as there is always something new to learn, but I can hold my own. For example, I made a 1.5" thick NY Strip last night on my Weber kettle, seared then smoked over bourbon barrel wood until a nice medium. Holy cow, is that my favorite way to make a steak! BB wood and beef go together so well. Used some Dizzy Pig Cow Lick rub on that too (my favorite for brisket and beef overall).

I call it quits at about 15. I do have a pellet grill as well and that gets its work out in the winter, but not below 15. My wife is using it now to make some pork jerky (we make jerky weekly).
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 11:48:13 am »

Thanks for the tip on the new site I will visit but my wife may kill me on being on another site. Grin Grin

I don't smoke I just grill but I am amazed at what you all do with it.

I have a big easy for oil less chicken & turkey....ribs also.

A sears four burner gas grill

the old standby the Weber 18.5 inch charcoal grill

A pizza pronto gas pizza oven & wok

A charbroil Electric grill (will be giving it to a friend in a condo)

For tailgating a Margaritaville tailgating grill mounted on my hitch.

A Charbroil grill to go 200 IR gas grill ......This puppy gets hot

A 12 inch Charcoal Grill

A Coleman portable propane fryer small but very good.

A butane single burner

Then I have  a few of portable & disposable grills for one time or infrequent use.

That it some of these people on this site have 20 grills or more.

I may be nuts but I am not crazy Shocked Shocked Shocked
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 11:54:56 am »

For drinks I have an inside bar table & a outside seasonal portable bar & I almost forgot a Portable fold up bar.  I don't drink that much anymore but it is fun. I have a drink chiller that I got free brand new...no it did no fall off of the back of a truck Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes. Two battery blenders & assorted plastic glasses for tropical drinks. I have around 20 beer openers so no one is thirsty. LOL

Yendor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 01:00:59 pm »

Phew! I'm way behind in what you have.

22.5" Weber Kettle
Weber Jumbo Joe
New Braunsfels "El Dorado" stick burner
Green Mountain Grills "Daniel Boone" pellet grill
pizzacraft PizzaQue pizza oven, wood pellet add on, wok, wind screen (in-laws love pizza on it so they got me all of the add ons for Christmas. Now I need to make them pizza)

I use only lump and wood for my kettles and stick burner. I don't own a gas grill.

We took the PizzaQue to a friends house a few months ago to have a little pizza party with their daughter. They ordered one the next day. I am sure the pellet smoker attachment will be on its way to their place too. We took that over last weekend so they could try it out. It works great with hickory pellets.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 01:44:22 pm »

Phew! I'm way behind in what you have.

22.5" Weber Kettle
Weber Jumbo Joe
New Braunsfels "El Dorado" stick burner
Green Mountain Grills "Daniel Boone" pellet grill
pizzacraft PizzaQue pizza oven, wood pellet add on, wok, wind screen (in-laws love pizza on it so they got me all of the add ons for Christmas. Now I need to make them pizza)

I use only lump and wood for my kettles and stick burner. I don't own a gas grill.

We took the PizzaQue to a friends house a few months ago to have a little pizza party with their daughter. They ordered one the next day. I am sure the pellet smoker attachment will be on its way to their place too. We took that over last weekend so they could try it out. It works great with hickory pellets.

You got great stuff I have had the same pizza oven for two years & we have never used it( Long story Roll Eyes That is why if I bought another grill I would have a lump & it would not be from charcoal .
LOL

The way to go is wood & charcoal I love it but gas is easy & quicker. When you tailgate it is better also but I have done charcoal there also.

As far as smokers it is out of my league, learning time & price range. I have to say enough is enough in my case.
Yendor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 01:53:59 pm »

You got great stuff I have had the same pizza oven for two years & we have never used it( Long story Roll Eyes That is why if I bought another grill I would have a lump & it would not be from charcoal .
LOL

The way to go is wood & charcoal I love it but gas is easy & quicker. When you tailgate it is better also but I have done charcoal there also.

As far as smokers it is out of my league, learning time & price range. I have to say enough is enough in my case.
There is no reason you can't smoke on your Weber Kettle. A roast or something on the smaller side. I am smoking 2-8lb pork butts on my kettle tomorrow. There should still be room to cook our lunch of brats and wieners on there too. Smoking is not that hard, truly. I had that fear too and then said forget it and went for it. Now, everything gets a touch of smoke. I have not done a direct charcoal cook in probably 12 years. As far as time, it doesn't take long for lump charcoal to be ready in a charcoal chimney. While it was getting hot I was prepping the meat.

Here's a roast on the kettle, couple fire bricks to separate the heat from the meat. Vent towards the meat side, and it was delicious.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 02:05:06 pm »

OK & Thanks I will try it once this summer. I am really afraid to get hooked on something new LOL. But you are right I already have the grill so I will give it a try.  I did get the pizza smoker option so I will try that this summer also........Now I am in for it LOL
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: