Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 11:30:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
81 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 11:30:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 12104 times)
Yendor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 02:31:34 pm »

This is before the pellet smoker add on. The pizza is on a pizza screen, it saves the hassle of dealing with corn meal or flour and the pizza sticking to it. Slides right off the peel and gets plenty crisp too. We're making pizza for dinner tonight by the way, I can't wait.

This was on a screen.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 02:34:21 pm »

Thanks if I grab a flight I can just make it for dinner Grin  Looks good the one thing I did not buy from them was the screen. LOL  I am taking pizza lessons from a local pizza place soon.
Yendor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 03:05:14 pm »

I bought the screens on Amazon. They were cheap there.

I won't get into my car hobby here though, that's where I get my lumps from. The girlfriend has a hard time with my car problem, my wife gets even madder.  Grin
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 03:19:25 pm »

I bought the screens on Amazon. They were cheap there.

I won't get into my car hobby here though, that's where I get my lumps from. The girlfriend has a hard time with my car problem, my wife gets even madder.  Grin

I won't touch that one LOL
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 04:26:21 pm »

I just ate.  Literally I just put down my plate but I think I'm going to have to go find something else as this thread is making me hungry. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 10:59:03 am »

I just ate.  Literally I just put down my plate but I think I'm going to have to go find something else as this thread is making me hungry. 

here is another one

http://www.thermoworks.com/blog/2016/04/grilled-ribeye-bone-boneless/?utm_source=Nl-2016Apr16&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Feature&utm_content=inbox&utm_campaign=Apr2016-Grilled-Ribeye-cs
Oldalgebra

after dark, all summer long

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 03:54:35 pm »

Yendor, is this the pizza screen you use?

http://www.amazon.com/Adcraft-PZ-18712-Aluminum-Pizza-Screen/dp/B0143FT99U

I stopped using our gas pizza oven because EVERYtHING stuck to the stone. I was furious, as it was not inexpensive. Also, what is the diameter of your pizza?

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 10:10:04 pm »

I stopped using our gas pizza oven because EVERYtHING stuck to the stone. I was furious, as it was not inexpensive. Also, what is the diameter of your pizza?

12 inch pies we have the same machine     http://www.pizzacraft.com/products/pizzeria-pronto-outdoor-pizza-oven

OA  Read this for some help    http://www.pizzacraft.com/blogs/pizzacraft-blog/98711174-help-my-pizza-is-stuck-to-my-pizza-peel

Another    http://www.pizzacraft.com/products/nonstick-13-inch-pizza-screen

Another   http://www.pizzacraft.com/products/aluminum-pizza-screen

http://www.pizzacraft.com/blogs/pizzacraft-blog/67414595-five-pizza-problems-and-how-to-fix-them

I Hope this helps
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:04:35 pm by genesis76 » Logged
Yendor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 01:10:20 pm »

I'm not exactly sure the brand of screen we used, they are just some 10" screens that I found on Amazon for the best price.

Update on my grill problems, yes, I have a problem. I love redheads and this one showed up in my life yesterday. I found it on the local Facebook Swap & Shop for $25. It is a 1999 Weber Mastertouch! 

Saturday though was a day for my 2003 Weber One-Touch Gold, its last cook for me. 2-8lb pork butts smoked over pecan wood, for a bachelor party later that day. Turned out great. I adjusted the intake and exhaust vents to get around 275 and it held that pretty well for about 5 hours. I wrapped them in foil and put them on my pellet grill to finish at 300. Once they got to about 200 internal I pulled them and put them in a cooler with towels. When I took them out 2 hours later they were still so hot that I would barely pull them with my silicone gloves on.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:14:20 pm by Yendor » Logged
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 02:02:18 pm »

Enough there for two nice size sandwiches Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  They look really good!  Those Webers are feast machines.
Oldalgebra

after dark, all summer long

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 09:58:51 pm »

Genesis, thank you so much. I'm willing to pull the Pronto oven out of storage and give it a try. It tested by patience severely and IT WON. I was so close to throwing it in the trash. I'm going to get a screen and practice the dusting techniques.

Yendor, those look sooooooooooo good. My hubby doesn't barbecue much anymore. Miss the smokey flavor.

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 08:16:12 am »

Genesis, thank you so much. I'm willing to pull the Pronto oven out of storage and give it a try. It tested by patience severely and IT WON. I was so close to throwing it in the trash. I'm going to get a screen and practice the dusting techniques.

Yendor, those look sooooooooooo good. My hubby doesn't barbecue much anymore. Miss the smokey flavor.

You are welcome & best of luck!

OA my brother-in-law has had one longer than I have & he was having the same problem as we both are having. What he told me the other day was that the problem is now over with. He said it just takes time & a few pizzas.  I guess the old "dry run" before guests come over is plural. Like anything it takes practice & patience (I don't have a lot of it). He does not use the screen & I also don't use one at this time. It must be a CT. thing.

As far as the barbecue my wife likes to do it her way (health) & I like to do it my way (taste) so I let her do most of it at home when it his her family. That is why I tailgate LOL. Load up the car & drive somewhere lol.  FREEDOM! Grin  Did your kids BBQ?

Yendor

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 10:07:04 am »

To be fair, I didn't used a screen either when I first got the pizza oven. Corn meal is the best ball bearings to get the pizza to slide off the pizza peel. With that being said, it makes a mess. You have to brush and clean that stuff off all the time to insure that your not plopping your perfectly prepared pizza onto the burnt crusty stuff. Wasn't worth the hassle to me and I was able to get great results with the screens.

I had received a few lessons from a former pizza maker on a wood fired oven. While his techniques work, for the backyard guy I am the screen is the way to go.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 10:23:21 am »

To be fair, I didn't used a screen either when I first got the pizza oven. Corn meal is the best ball bearings to get the pizza to slide off the pizza peel. With that being said, it makes a mess. You have to brush and clean that stuff off all the time to insure that your not plopping your perfectly prepared pizza onto the burnt crusty stuff. Wasn't worth the hassle to me and I was able to get great results with the screens.

I had received a few lessons from a former pizza maker on a wood fired oven. While his techniques work, for the backyard guy I am the screen is the way to go.

You should do a video on it......you passed your screen test  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Sorry I can't help myself at times  Grin
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 08:05:31 pm »

OA it is a 12 inch pie not 14 inch  Sorry
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: