Backyard Theater Forum
December 13, 2017, 03:26:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
110 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 03:26:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 12082 times)
lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2016, 12:00:18 pm »

This the first I've logged on in a little bit, but like someone else said I use this site as a resource to improve what I'm doing.  Last year was my first real season.   My wife sort of opened it to her girlfriends to watch Magic Mike XL two weeks ago.  And we had another get together on my deck last Sat with friends where I had the sound equipment out for music and one of my buddies "twisted my arm" to show a movie because it was dark enough (he had a leaked copy of Deadpool he brought).  I am tweaking a few things this year to make setup/teardown easier.   I'm working towards a semi-permanent setup, but it's one of many projects around the house and have to juggle things by priority and money. 

Well that was my shout out to say I'm still around and showing movies.

"Hey, hey, bing bing bing bing bang! POPCORN!"
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 01:28:45 pm »

This the first I've logged on in a little bit, but like someone else said I use this site as a resource to improve what I'm doing.  Last year was my first real season.   My wife sort of opened it to her girlfriends to watch Magic Mike XL two weeks ago.  And we had another get together on my deck last Sat with friends where I had the sound equipment out for music and one of my buddies "twisted my arm" to show a movie because it was dark enough (he had a leaked copy of Deadpool he brought).  I am tweaking a few things this year to make setup/teardown easier.   I'm working towards a semi-permanent setup, but it's one of many projects around the house and have to juggle things by priority and money. 

Good for you stop by & let us know how you are doing
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2016, 05:59:46 pm »

Good for you stop by & let us know how you are doing

I second that, even if you find everything you need looking around the forums it's still fun to see what folks are up too. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
marjiea1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2016, 11:33:00 pm »

Things have changed for me. Fought cancer and went on disability so that limits buying new equipment. I moved to a new house and no real place to put up a screen with rope like at the old place. I don't plan to be here more than another year so don't want to invest in a stand.

The new neighbors got upset when I stopped paying the electric bill on the street light that shines into my backyard and they took over payments because they want it ON Sad That light makes it so I can't hang my screen on the house. I didn't bother asking the electric company to shade the light that shines towards my house (the not planning to stay too long factor.)

My projector needed a new DMD chip (fixed now) and I sold my outdoor stereo when I moved and haven't replaced it yet. I haven't made many new friends to invite over to watch movies anyway. When I sell the house next year I plan to move back south and bring the aging parents with me (I moved closer trying to allow them to age in place but they can't take care of their house anymore and I can't take care of two houses.)

I plan to live vicariously through you guys this year and my laptop/projector are set up in my bedroom for now.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2016, 07:48:44 am »

Things have changed for me. Fought cancer and went on disability so that limits buying new equipment. I moved to a new house and no real place to put up a screen with rope like at the old place. I don't plan to be here more than another year so don't want to invest in a stand.

The new neighbors got upset when I stopped paying the electric bill on the street light that shines into my backyard and they took over payments because they want it ON Sad That light makes it so I can't hang my screen on the house. I didn't bother asking the electric company to shade the light that shines towards my house (the not planning to stay too long factor.)

My projector needed a new DMD chip (fixed now) and I sold my outdoor stereo when I moved and haven't replaced it yet. I haven't made many new friends to invite over to watch movies anyway. When I sell the house next year I plan to move back south and bring the aging parents with me (I moved closer trying to allow them to age in place but they can't take care of their house anymore and I can't take care of two houses.)

I plan to live vicariously through you guys this year and my laptop/projector are set up in my bedroom for now.

Wow you have had a tough time of it. We all wish you well & our prayers go out to you. Please stop by & stay in touch with us as you will be back on your feet in a short time. The parents thing is tough as I just went through it with my mom a couple of years ago &  now I am taking care of her sister. Hang in there better days are coming.
ThriftStoreKing

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2016, 04:45:07 pm »

When I first joined, I had kids at home and neighbors with kids.  They came over every Friday night.  Each year less and less people showed up.  Opting to watch their 60" flat screen at home.  My kids have grown up and left the house.  It hardly seems worth the effort to drag out all of the equipment just for one person to watch.  My commercial popcorn popper hasn't been fired up in over 4 years.  I enjoy the outdoor experience.  Hardly anyone around here goes to the drive in movies any more.  The local drive ins are in bad shape and up for sale.   Not sure if I'm a dinosaur already.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2016, 08:10:19 pm »

When I first joined, I had kids at home and neighbors with kids.  They came over every Friday night.  Each year less and less people showed up.  Opting to watch their 60" flat screen at home.  My kids have grown up and left the house.  It hardly seems worth the effort to drag out all of the equipment just for one person to watch.  My commercial popcorn popper hasn't been fired up in over 4 years.  I enjoy the outdoor experience.  Hardly anyone around here goes to the drive in movies any more.  The local drive ins are in bad shape and up for sale.   Not sure if I'm a dinosaur already.

You paint such a sad picture. I wish you well just curious why did you come back after all this time? There must be a spark...maybe you can  start up with a new crew
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2016, 05:53:56 pm »

You paint such a sad picture. I wish you well just curious why did you come back after all this time? There must be a spark...maybe you can  start up with a new crew

You do paint a sad picture, but I do think that there is some truth to it at least the big flat screen TV at home part of it.  Folks buy them and then want to use them, which is understandable.  Large flat screens are much more common than they were say 10 or 15 years ago and they are more affordable.  Plus more and more people have cable, dish, and just about any movie they want to see at the touch of a button.  Jake is pretty much running the Sit & Vue this year and he seriously opened the season early and while a few folks did show up for the movies in April, I think next year he'll opt to start the season later in the year.  I've definitely had friends an neighbors that drifted away, but I guess I've been lucky because new blood has drifted in to, that and Jake is young and really has the itch for the BYT the way I did when I was his age.   But all in all I do have friends that still drive in from out of town just to sit in the back yard and watch a movie.  I think the biggest thing I've seen over the years is that folks won't come out like they use to if the weather is less than cooperative.  It seems like in the old days a little sprinkle or cold weather didn't keep folks away like it does now.  But maybe that's a product of more in home big screen TVs too, I had not thought about that before, but it does make sense. 

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2016, 07:19:37 pm »

I wonder if in some areas the mosquito & the things they carry now also stop some people. Also maybe the small  screens that kids use....or all of the above.
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2016, 02:20:06 am »

I wonder if in some areas the mosquito & the things they carry now also stop some people. Also maybe the small  screens that kids use....or all of the above.

I'm sure depending on where anyone of us lives some or all factors play in.  There are mosquitos in the NW (bug spray is available complimentary at both theatres), but we don't have any of the really nasty stuff mosquitos are know to carry here.  We have always been very weather driven, not because of cold temps but because of the rain we get here.  It seems like in the old days unless I canceled we'd have a good turn out.  Now it seems like even the lightest rain will really reduce the turn out.  Folks still come don't get me wrong, but fewer, and then I hear stuff like, "the forecast wasn't great so we stayed at home and watched the same movie, on movies on demand".  Don't get me wrong, big screens and movies on demand are great, but I do think it has an effect and personally I'm glad we are talking about.  It seems like often times we focus just on the positive here, which is also a good thing for the most part, but the negative stuff is there and it only gets better and more manageable by acknowledging it. 

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2016, 07:36:17 am »

I'm sure depending on where anyone of us lives some or all factors play in.  There are mosquitos in the NW (bug spray is available complimentary at both theatres), but we don't have any of the really nasty stuff mosquitos are know to carry here.  We have always been very weather driven, not because of cold temps but because of the rain we get here.  It seems like in the old days unless I canceled we'd have a good turn out.  Now it seems like even the lightest rain will really reduce the turn out.  Folks still come don't get me wrong, but fewer, and then I hear stuff like, "the forecast wasn't great so we stayed at home and watched the same movie, on movies on demand".  Don't get me wrong, big screens and movies on demand are great, but I do think it has an effect and personally I'm glad we are talking about.  It seems like often times we focus just on the positive here, which is also a good thing for the most part, but the negative stuff is there and it only gets better and more manageable by acknowledging it. 

A great looking photo starts with a negative Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Well at least in the old days Grin
RoseRanch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2016, 02:30:33 pm »

Just saying 'hey' to check in.  Haven't done a backyard movie yet this year but will probably get one going soon.

I did take my projector over to a friend's house for a graduation party he was having for his daughter.  He projected some pictures and animation from his laptop, looping it, onto an inflated weather balloon!  Why ask why?  I don't know.

Looking forward to some cooler nights and cool movies.  Happy summer!
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2016, 03:41:22 pm »

Just saying 'hey' to check in.  Haven't done a backyard movie yet this year but will probably get one going soon.

I did take my projector over to a friend's house for a graduation party he was having for his daughter.  He projected some pictures and animation from his laptop, looping it, onto an inflated weather balloon!  Why ask why?  I don't know.

Looking forward to some cooler nights and cool movies.  Happy summer!

Stay in touch RR
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: