Backyard Theater Forum
December 17, 2017, 06:06:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
99 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 06:06:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Members of the Justice League  (Read 3661 times)
lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2016, 12:05:40 pm »

I have the old 50's Adventures of Superman (George Reeves), 60's Batman (Adam West) and 70s Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter).  I plan on showing the first episodes of each of them.  I was talking with friends about how horrible BvS was in regards to Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne personalities and how the older movies and shows did it better.  Plus they were more entertaining than DCs current dark atmosphere they're doing.

"Hey, hey, bing bing bing bing bang! POPCORN!"
darknite

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 12:22:40 pm »

I really like your original TV series pilot episode character intro idea, its great.

Heh heh......  Its really funny you would pick on B v S to point out the whole DC doing dark stuff. The original source material for the B v S movie is what kicked off the entire DC 'dark' movement, the 1986 graphic novel Batman The Dark Knight Returns.

Some of the independent comic publishers got a little bit of head start on that, but DC and Marvel were both very quick to follow.

Please post back and let everyone know how your movie night(s) went.  Oh, mandatory 'pics or it didn't happen' reminder  :-)
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 02:14:47 pm »

That is a great idea! I have the first year superman & the batman (west) movie too. I don't have wonder women as I never got into that series...Now give me fireball XL-5 & I would be all set.  Grin Grin Grin
lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 09:01:50 pm »

I do pick on how dark DC is...  it's annoying...  yeah they're entertaining but I don't feel it like I did when I watch Christopher Reeves Superman... Batman, I totally get it's supposed to be somewhat ominus but it doesn't have to be to the point I want to slash my wrists at the end because it's sooooooo damn depressing... at least Michael Keaton's Batman was dark but still entertaining (and still had a touch of campiness to it, which only got worse until we hit Clooney).  It's like Snyder is trying to piss people off...

lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 11:34:31 am »

Just to follow up on this, it was a heavy downpour and wasn't able to show them out on the BYT.  However, I  did throw it up for my boys downstairs on the 60", so instead of family friends it just ended up being and cozy family thing...

darknite

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 08:10:42 am »

Just to follow up on this, it was a heavy downpour and wasn't able to show them out on the BYT.  However, I  did throw it up for my boys downstairs on the 60", so instead of family friends it just ended up being and cozy family thing...

Hope everyone enjoyed it. Are you gonna try for an end of the summer re-do outside?
lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 08:20:54 am »

I do want to reshow, but may change it up... I may do like Batman (Keaton) or Batman Begins (Bale) with the 60's Batman show as a pre-show...  Same thing with Superman/Man of Steel...  and hold wonder woman for when Gal Gadots WW hits the streets...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: