Backyard Theater Forum
December 17, 2017, 05:10:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
85 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:10:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Projector time  (Read 3202 times)
Jeeperz23

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2016, 02:03:55 pm »

Hey Guys,
Does anyone use a BenQ projector ??
I am thinking about a new projector for this season and saw a BenQ at a fair price but have never had any experience  with one.
I am currently running an Optoma that is 2500 lumens and was thinking as it is roughly 7 years old it might be time for a little brighter
unit...although I've had no issues with the old one, the new Optoma reviews are not what the old ones were..
Well that's my deal in a nut she'll
Any input is greatly appreciated

Eddie D
Danley Theater
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 05:35:46 pm »

I have two BenQ, and an epson.  All older units.  The BenQ's are great, I'm headed over to the theater right now to do a couple of things so I get the specs off of them, because I don't remember and post again later tonnight. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 12:33:26 am »

I'm sorry Eddie I don't know what I was thinking.  I don't have two BenQ's I have a pair of older Canon Realis X700's and one epson powerlite.  When we bought the Realis's used a year or I did look at a few other units and one of them may have been a BenQ but we went with the Realis when they came along at $100 for the pair.  Since they are mounted to the roof of his deck all summer long and we no longer have to set them up and take them down each night I just don't look at them that much.  So I apologize for the mistake.  I can't help you with the info your looking for but I can say that the Realis's blow the epson away both in terms of brightness, and the vividness of the color and clarity, of course none of my old stuff is HDMI, so it's all relative.  On the other hand the Epson takes about $100 bulb, where as the Realis's take a bulb that is about $300.  So if you plan on keeping the new PJ you might keep replacement bulb cost in mind too. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 12:35:53 am by SR » Logged

Jeeperz23

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 06:29:11 am »

SR,
Thanks for looking I to it for me. I've been doing more in depth research  and I found an Optoma unit
that has gotten rave reviews OpToma HD26. Bestbuy.com has it for just over $600, Being I have been so happy with my older model I really wanted to stay with the same brand and now I'm think I'm going to.

Thanks again
Eddie
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 11:28:11 pm »

SR,
Thanks for looking I to it for me. I've been doing more in depth research  and I found an Optoma unit
that has gotten rave reviews OpToma HD26. Bestbuy.com has it for just over $600, Being I have been so happy with my older model I really wanted to stay with the same brand and now I'm think I'm going to.

Thanks again
Eddie

Personally that's what I would do.  Of course I don't know much about either unit, but I always like staying with a brand I'm happy with.  Plus after you buy your new one, you will have back up unit!  As long as I have had my BYT I've had a really old back up PJ, I think it's an United projection or something like that.  No idea what the specs are other than grainy and dim, it's not listed on PJ central either, but heck it was free.  I've never needed to use it except for testing proposes, but I've kept it around just encase something were to happen like loosing a bulb mid-show.  I guess now it's pretty redundant.  I think if we had a PJ go down mid-show I'd just direct folks to turn around and look at the one of the other screens.  But my point is, I always felt more comfortable knowing it was there if needed.  Maybe this season I should stash it at the Night-Sky encase there is a problem over there.

mykal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 09:02:28 am »

Hey Guys,
Does anyone use a BenQ projector ??
I am thinking about a new projector for this season and saw a BenQ at a fair price but have never had any experience  with one.
I am currently running an Optoma that is 2500 lumens and was thinking as it is roughly 7 years old it might be time for a little brighter
unit...although I've had no issues with the old one, the new Optoma reviews are not what the old ones were..
Well that's my deal in a nut she'll
Any input is greatly appreciated

Eddie D
Danley Theater

I have been using a BenQ W1070 for about one and half years now.  No problems with it.  I get compliments on the picture every time I use it.  I'm satisfied with it.

Projector: BenQ W1070 - 9'X16' Black out cloth screen - 4,000 watt stereo
Jeeperz23

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 11:28:44 am »

Hey Mykal,

Thanks for the input. I looked up that BenQ unit and one of my reasons for the possible upgrade was to
go with something a bit brighter than what I am using.. I know this issue is totally in my head, Living on Long Island, being a huge Mets fan we showed the World Series Outside and everyone was blown away, but in the back of my head I was thinking "Hmmm what if I was running a higher lumens unit " My Optoma is 2400 lumens, I was looking to go to a minimum of 3200. Would love to go higher, but budgetary constraints with 4 kids, I need to set some limitations.. I should just enjoy the great times we have, and stop the obsession...but wheres the fun in that..

Thanks again,
Eddie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: