Backyard Theater Forum
December 13, 2017, 01:59:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
105 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 01:59:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gods of Egypt (2016)  (Read 2320 times)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2016, 12:18:40 pm »

Bottom Line:  This is not a very good movie from a story perspective, but it is a great movie to showcase your outdoor theater, particularly if you had a 3D setup.

Gods of Egypt came out in February of 2016 and you can be forgiven if this one didnít make your radar at all.  The movie takes place in an alternate Egypt, where the gods and mortals live side by side.  The story is essentially the Lion King, the Kingís brother commits some treasonous act so that he can have the throne and it is up to the Kingís son, with the help of us some unlikely allies, to right that wrong.  The movie was pleasant enough, but I did feel every bit of the 2 hour and 8 minute run time, and would be lying if I said I didnít nod off a time or two.  Which is unfortunate, because the case is amazing, Geoffrey Rush, Gerard Butler, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lannister if you are a Game of Thrones geek like me) lead the cast.

As far as family friendliness, I would say this movie isnít appropriate for those below ten, just because of some pretty blatant sexual innuendo.  There is a lot of violence, but for the most part, I found it to be cartoonish and not overly gratuitous.  The outfits are a bit skimpy, but nothing that I would have been embarrassed about if my neighbors were watching from their yards and it is Egypt after all, it is hot there!

The Gods in this movie can turn into animal-headed super beings, which are clearly computer animated.  This is where the movie shines.  The rendering of locations I beautiful and the fights scenes are pretty cool.  My 3D setup makes movies darker due to the tint on the glasses, this movie is so bright and vivid, you donít notice at all.  The 3D was nicely done and well integrated into the film. 

So in conclusion, if you donít see this film, it is no big loss to you.  It is good enough that if you see in on Netflix or TBS in a year or so, give it a watch, you wonít feel bad if you have to get up and walk to empty the dishwasher.  If you are hosting a slumber party for some pre-teen boys or just want some dumb action, this one might be worth picking it up.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:05:01 pm by Redsparow1 » Logged

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: