Backyard Theater Forum
December 11, 2017, 02:51:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
92 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 02:51:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only one who cannot "see" 3d?  (Read 5098 times)
waverz

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2016, 08:46:23 am »

I am really bothered by the fact I have never been able to see a 3d movie and actually have a single instance of the affect working at all.

I've been to several 3d movies in the theater but was dissapointed every single time.

Just once would to like to be able to get that "its coming right off the screen" affect but at this point in about to give up. 

After the last 3d movie I attended I was so upset I made an appointment with my eye doctor. I ended up needing glasses due to nearsightedness and stigmatizem in my left eye. I was pretry excited after getting the glasses thinking this was going to solve my "3d" issue bit it didn't. I could definitely see better but it didn't help with seeing 3d images at all.

Anyone else here share the same affliction?
bigRoN

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 07:52:07 pm »

No, you are not alone in not seeing 3D. I too do not see any benefit of 3D films, only annoyance. I dislike wearing the glasses. I get a terrible headache shortly into wearing them and often see blurred images, all bad things. I have no problem with depth perception in real life but I believe much of it has to do with other visual cues and assumptions than a difference between two eye images spaced a certain distance apart. In my case, I believe it goes back to my early childhood. I had very bad crossed-eyes and my parents sent me to surgery to remove some of the muscles behind one of my eyes. Then, for the next couple years, I would have an eye patch moved from right-eye to left-eye and back and forth for a while, trying to even out the strengths of each eye muscle group. Because of this, my eyes stopped really working together. I remain better than 20/20 in each eye but they don' work together. I only really see out of one eye at a time but they both work fine.

The biggest problem with my eye sight the way it is is when I shoot my gun... I have to intentionally close one eye. I'm not sure if this is unique to me or if others have to but if I don't, my target moves back and forth as I automatically shift from one eye to the other.
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 08:13:44 pm »

I notice it but it really does not do anything for me
redcar54

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 08:55:30 pm »

I am really bothered by the fact I have never been able to see a 3d movie and actually have a single instance of the affect working at all.

I've been to several 3d movies in the theater but was dissapointed every single time.

Just once would to like to be able to get that "its coming right off the screen" affect but at this point in about to give up. 

After the last 3d movie I attended I was so upset I made an appointment with my eye doctor. I ended up needing glasses due to nearsightedness and stigmatizem in my left eye. I was pretry excited after getting the glasses thinking this was going to solve my "3d" issue
bit it didn't. I could definitely see better but it didn't help with seeing 3d images at all.
Anyone else here share the same affliction?

Check this out
http://www.vision3d.com/whycant.html

Jim
roryfx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 10:21:25 pm »

There are a lot of people who can't see in stereo, about a quarter of the population. Most people use other cues to resolve stereo depth, so no worries.

I shoot stereo slides, and I'm always saddened when I find someone who can't see them.

.rory.

.r.
lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 09:38:26 am »

I can 'see' 3d but boy does it give me a headache and most times gets me sick/vertigo...  I also don't watch the shaky cam footage films like Blair Witch...

"Hey, hey, bing bing bing bing bang! POPCORN!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: