Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 10:13:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
106 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 10:13:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3D Glasses Review - Ultimate 3D heaven Glasses  (Read 3048 times)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« on: June 25, 2016, 05:10:59 pm »

I wasn't sure where to put this, but since the glasses work for any number of DLP link projectors I thought I would put it here.  I think I am the only guy that really does 3D on here, but I know there are a lot of lurkers.  Hopefully, this will be helpful to someone in their search.

When I upgraded to the Optoma HD141X I wanted to use the 3D feature sinnce I already had some 3D content and effects like 3D were one of the draws of seeing things in the theater.  Like most of you, I have the most fun when we are hosting larger groups, but my wallet was still aching from the cost of the projector.  I went to ebay and bought some that were passable, but uncomfortable and fragile.  This led me to Amazon with the ultimate 3D heaven glasses (I hate the name more every time I type it).  They run about $25 a pop, a little cheaper if you buy the 4 pack.  They are by far the best thing I can find on the market at a reasonable cost.  1 year later, I own 8 pairs and they are still going strong.  I have a more detailed review on my blog, link below.

Pros:
Rechargeable battery
Comfortable to wear
Durable
Long Battery Life
Cheaper than name brand
Maintains great contact with projector
Sturdy box provides reusable storage

Cons:
Expensive
Lenses are dark
A little heavy

http://www.backyardmovies.net/?p=133

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 09:16:03 pm »

As I'm sure your aware already we aren't too picky around here, so under projectors is just fine I'm sure. 

I don't do 3D myself but I am curious as to how well it works in a BYT?  Really I'm pretty clueless about 3D, I take it you need a special projector?  Anything else you'd like to say about BYT 3D I'd be curious to learn a bit about it.

Thanks,
SR

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 04:48:43 pm »

As I'm sure your aware already we aren't too picky around here, so under projectors is just fine I'm sure. 

I don't do 3D myself but I am curious as to how well it works in a BYT?  Really I'm pretty clueless about 3D, I take it you need a special projector?  Anything else you'd like to say about BYT 3D I'd be curious to learn a bit about it.

Thanks,
SR

I think it works really well, that is what got me hooked.  Your response helped me update this post I did about 3D movies here http://www.backyardmovies.net/?p=33

They add novelty to the novelty, it is a totally over the top thing to do.  While I don't condone spending a bunch of money to make guests you are already hosting even happier, I do think it makes our movie nights extra special and perhaps provide a nudge for folks to come out to the house when they would rather stay in.  Not to mention, a lot of our guests are parents of younger kids.  I think they appreciate letting the kids run around the house while we sit outside watching a grownup movie and they don't have to give up the movie theater experience, it feels kind of like a group date.

SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 04:57:51 pm »

Thanks,
SR

I think it works really well, that is what got me hooked.  Your response helped me update this post I did about 3D movies here http://www.backyardmovies.net/?p=33

They add novelty to the novelty, it is a totally over the top thing to do.  While I don't condone spending a bunch of money to make guests you are already hosting even happier, I do think it makes our movie nights extra special and perhaps provide a nudge for folks to come out to the house when they would rather stay in.  Not to mention, a lot of our guests are parents of younger kids.  I think they appreciate letting the kids run around the house while we sit outside watching a grownup movie and they don't have to give up the movie theater experience, it feels kind of like a group date.

Thanks for the link, I did go over there and read your post about 3D.  I can't image that I will ever do that upgrade myself, mainly due to cost, but I did very much enjoy reading about.  I knew you needed a 3D movie and glasses but I didn't know anything else till now Thanks!

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 07:01:55 pm »

Thanks,
SR

Thanks for taking a look and I hope it was useful for someone.  I am kind of following in OldAlgebra's footsteps, trying to share some of the lessons I have learned.

Thanks for the link, I did go over there and read your post about 3D.  I can't image that I will ever do that upgrade myself, mainly due to cost, but I did very much enjoy reading about.  I knew you needed a 3D movie and glasses but I didn't know anything else till now Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: