Backyard Theater Forum
December 18, 2017, 01:35:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
111 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:35:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Must See Kid's Films..  (Read 3552 times)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« on: July 30, 2016, 05:59:34 pm »

The other day I was thinking of movies that I loved as a kid and that I wanted to share with my daughter.  Some have been a hit, while others have held zero appeal for her.  When you think of American movies, I think there are a lot that are somewhat timeless must sees in order to understand a lot of pop culture references, i.e. The Godfather, Top Gun, Gone With Wind, Jaws, Rocky, Star Wars, The Sound of Music, It's a Wonderful Life, The Matrix, etc.  Are there movies that every well rounded kid should see?  I think maybe The Princess Bride, Goonies, Neverending Story, the original Disney Cartoons...Cinderella, Snow White, Sleep Beauty.  What would you add to this list and which ones lend themselves to outdoor movies? 

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 12:31:22 am »

I would add BOLT.  Although it's not a classic by any stretch.  BTW has anyone seen the Secret Live of Pets?  I'm almost half tempted to drag myself to an indoor.....  I'm so out of the new movie loop since the last drive in in my area closed.

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 01:20:04 am »

I would add BOLT.  Although it's not a classic by any stretch.  BTW has anyone seen the Secret Live of Pets?  I'm almost half tempted to drag myself to an indoor.....  I'm so out of the new movie loop since the last drive in in my area closed.

I love the hamster from Bolt, Rhino I think his name is.  We went and saw Secret Live of Pets, it was pretty good!  I thought it was pretty good, I would give it a 7 out of 10.  I think my wife and I kept nodding off, but it had been a long week for us.  Kevin Hart playing a cute little white bunny was hilarious.

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 08:17:38 am »

How about the air bud movies not a classic series but good.
rich92069

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 12:52:25 pm »

obviously always age appropriate movies.. young daughters probably not into the GodFather movies.. young buys on the other hand yes.. Im with you and have been sharing many classic movies with my sons. Recent hit was Grease "1 & 2" my 9 and 7 year old boys loved #1 best, but really enjoyed them both.

I'm turning 40 in Sept and I know that " Gone With Wind,The Sound of Music, It's a Wonderful Life" were terribly boring to watch when I was a kid. Most of the others you mentioned I have already done or have plans to do and have been hits with my boys. Forgot about Top Gun & Rocky....

For me I am always trying to find things I can watch and they will enjoy seeing for the 1st time.

Your daughters should love the movie Grease I think

hb_hound

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 02:41:56 pm »

Turned my kids ( 8 and 4) onto old Disney movies.... Herbie (this one was a big hit), Flubber, Son of Flubber and also Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
They also like the old Mickey Mouse (1920 and 30's) DVD's.   
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 11:12:58 pm »

obviously always age appropriate movies.. young daughters probably not into the GodFather movies.. young buys on the other hand yes.. Im with you and have been sharing many classic movies with my sons. Recent hit was Grease "1 & 2" my 9 and 7 year old boys loved #1 best, but really enjoyed them both.

I'm turning 40 in Sept and I know that " Gone With Wind,The Sound of Music, It's a Wonderful Life" were terribly boring to watch when I was a kid. Most of the others you mentioned I have already done or have plans to do and have been hits with my boys. Forgot about Top Gun & Rocky....

For me I am always trying to find things I can watch and they will enjoy seeing for the 1st time.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of Grease.  She really enjoyed Elvis' Blue Hawaii, so I bet she would enjoy Grease. 

I am thinking:

Goonies
Back to the Future I-III
The Princess Bride
Star Wars IV-VI
Indiana Jones I-III
All the original Disney Cartoon Movies
The Neverending Story
Grease
Wizard of Oz - Scares the hell out of me still
The Mighty Ducks
The Sand Lot
The Bad News Bears
The Harry Potter Movies
Pirates of the Caribbean
ET
Free Willy
The Karate Kid (Original)
Black Beauty
Elf
----------------------------

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 07:45:42 am »

Thanks, I hadn't thought of Grease.  She really enjoyed Elvis' Blue Hawaii, so I bet she would enjoy Grease. 

I am thinking:

Goonies
Back to the Future I-III
The Princess Bride
Star Wars IV-VI
Indiana Jones I-III
All the original Disney Cartoon Movies
The Neverending Story
Grease
Wizard of Oz - Scares the hell out of me still
The Mighty Ducks
The Sand Lot
The Bad News Bears
The Harry Potter Movies
Pirates of the Caribbean
ET
Free Willy
The Karate Kid (Original)
Black Beauty
Elf
----------------------------

Same here on the Wizard lol  I could watch that 1000 times & still love it
rich92069

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 05:07:46 am »

The Karate Kid (Original)   +1 on showing the original of this!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: