Backyard Theater Forum
December 17, 2017, 12:37:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you find BackyardTheater.com useful, please tell others who may be interested.  The more the merrier!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
98 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 12:37:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sometimes I forget with all you great people on here that there are many great  (Read 4360 times)
genesis76

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2016, 08:39:33 am »

people that are on here that never post at all. I got a chance this week to talk on the phone with one of them that came to CT for a visit. What a great person. I can't wait for the next time they come back so we can have a face to face talk or I can put on a BYT night for them.  unfortunately I have been taking care of three members of my family & my theater is still in winter storage because of the lack of my time So we could not meet on this trip.

Bottom line is I forget that there are many other knowledgeable people on here just like Sparge, SR, OA, MM etc etc that we never hear from.

So for all you people that are out there but don't post thanks for visiting & thanks for being part of this great site.

If you ever feel like jumping in & posting feel free to do so because we need your questions & answers but in the meantime......ENJOY.
John45251

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 05:02:15 pm »

Thank You Richard, it was a pleasure to talk to you also. You probably was a little surprised by me emailing you. We'll get together on one of our trips to CT.

I've been in the woodwork for the past 6 years enjoying the posts and information on this site. Thank you Randy.

I have an electronics and computer background, but have not felt the need to reply to anybody's post because I cannot add anything others have not already covered. Sparge is a great resource for this site.

Sparge: You said you try to make it to the Holiday drive-in in Hamilton once a year. Let me when your coming next and maybe myself and Glen can meet up.

John45251
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 07:25:53 pm »

Thank You Richard, it was a pleasure to talk to you also. You probably was a little surprised by me emailing you. We'll get together on one of our trips to CT.

I've been in the woodwork for the past 6 years enjoying the posts and information on this site. Thank you Randy.

I have an electronics and computer background, but have not felt the need to reply to anybody's post because I cannot add anything others have not already covered. Sparge is a great resource for this site.

Sparge: You said you try to make it to the Holiday drive-in in Hamilton once a year. Let me when your coming next and maybe myself and Glen can meet up.

John45251

Thanks John but we can always use another Sparge Grin Grin on the site.....Sparge ll Wink

Now two SR's that could be a problem Wink Wink Wink Grin Grin Grin
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 12:28:38 am »

Well now we wouldn't want to over whelm the witnessPROJECTION program. Smiley Smiley  There might be whole slew of name change requests.....

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 08:32:12 am »

Well now we wouldn't want to over whelm the witnessPROJECTION program. Smiley Smiley  There might be whole slew of name change requests.....

LOL  Poor John he has no idea what we are talking about.... Wink Wink
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 11:45:41 am »

Well it all depends on how well he has been lurking Smiley Smiley  He might know more than you think.  But on a more serious note there are a lot of great folks on this board both past and present.   Although in all honestly I wish the forum was a little more active in the winter, but I suppose that's the nature of BYT. 

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 11:49:46 am »

Well it all depends on how well he has been lurking Smiley Smiley  He might know more than you think.  But on a more serious note there are a lot of great folks on this board both past and present.   Although in all honestly I wish the forum was a little more active in the winter, but I suppose that's the nature of BYT. 

I agree
rich92069

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 12:44:43 pm »

yeah... we use to have some great comradery and hot topics in this forum... what happened? Maybe we need group event like when we did Sparge Fest..  Do you guys want to come to cali.. I will host an event.

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 02:30:25 pm »

yeah... we use to have some great comradery and hot topics in this forum... what happened? Maybe we need group event like when we did Sparge Fest..  Do you guys want to come to cali.. I will host an event.

that is very nice of you but I can't make CA now.    Maybe we could do three of them west ,central & east
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 03:27:38 pm »

I'm going to try to avoid being a real downer here, but still get my thoughts out on why we don't get those hot topics like we use to.  I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not attacking anyone or anything, but change is always happening for better or worse.  Nothing ever stays the same, and I don't think it's one single thing but a bunch of little things.  There was a discussion sometime back about how much more affordable large screen TVs are today.  I'm sure that cuts the interest of some.  Why drag a bunch of gear outside and worry about stuff like ambient light, noise pollution, screen angle ect.  Or go to your friends place when you can sit in your comfortable recliner and watch a big screen TV all year round.  I know I have seen the number of folks coming to my BYT drop off a little bit in the last few years and I suspect that is why.  Facebook and issues with new member approvals, may play a role too.  I would be willing to bet there are a lot fewer regularly active members on the forum now than there were 5 - 7 years ago. 

Those are my thoughts anyway.

I would consider coming to a Cali-event. 

rich92069

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 07:18:32 pm »

yes... i can see that

Lincolntech

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 10:40:55 pm »

Weather has been the biggest problem for me the last 3 years. I have only done 1 show this year and that was for Thunder Over Louisville during the Kentucky Derby. The last 2 years were very rainy. We would have pretty good weather all week then rain for the weekend. This year has also been pretty wet but on the dry weekends it was just too hot and with the heat index near or above 100 even if I did set up I would probably be the only one outside. I'm hoping fall is a little better.
Coon Creek

HOME OF THE SCI-FI B Films

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 11:08:33 am »

What a great year !!!! Been on tour for some time. Happy to be back running films again.
A nice shot of the  new setup. Cheers & Show starts in ten min minutes ....

* 66cadillac.JPG (89.82 KB, 817x661 - viewed 124 times.)

* DSCN3416.JPG (914.03 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 124 times.)

* 66caddlacspeaker.JPG (92.32 KB, 817x661 - viewed 114 times.)

* may26B.JPG (68.72 KB, 728x520 - viewed 120 times.)

JON J MARTIN
lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 01:00:38 pm »

I like to think that I'm the one friend people have where they can get out of the house and sit, enjoy company and watch a movie.  The wife and I have used our BYT to gather friends and have a good time.   I'm always looking at how to improve, next year I'm going to tackle making my projector a permanent setup in the house from a high bedroom window and somewhere down the line expanding from a makeshift concession stand to a full outdoor kitchen/bar.  I've inspired a few people to do other things, where as we're the movie house another set of friends are the pool peps, another does cooking comps, poker... our group of peps are always looking to find new reasons to hang out.  Heck we have sooo many plan to renovate our house just to accommodate a good size party for any outing.   

I've been asked to host a Superbowl Party for this upcoming season... I'm down with it.  I have ideas to keep everyone warm (have 1 propane heater that can throw a 30' radius and plan to get another to bookend the seating).  We'll see how it goes.   Was unable to do the Olympic opening ceremony but really want to work it for a live TV event at some point.

LOL didn't mean to ramble on but sometimes it just happens...

"Hey, hey, bing bing bing bing bang! POPCORN!"
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 01:31:25 pm »

Weather has been the biggest problem for me the last 3 years. I have only done 1 show this year and that was for Thunder Over Louisville during the Kentucky Derby. The last 2 years were very rainy. We would have pretty good weather all week then rain for the weekend. This year has also been pretty wet but on the dry weekends it was just too hot and with the heat index near or above 100 even if I did set up I would probably be the only one outside. I'm hoping fall is a little better.

As we are in the PNW I totally here you on the movie season being weather driven, rain and all.  We have done ok, the last few years, but other we have not. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: