Backyard Theater Forum
December 16, 2017, 02:04:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you're having difficulty activating your new user account  please check your junk mail folder for the activation email.  If you're still having problems, email info at  BackyardTheater.com and we'll help.

Home Help Search Login Register   *
103 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 02:04:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gemmy Deluxe Inflatable Screen Review  (Read 4661 times)
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2016, 04:02:13 pm »

I wrote a quick little review of my Gemmy Deluxe Screen on my blog. I know a lot of the people here use commercial grade screens and this is definitely a consumer grade product.  The Gemmy screen has been great for my family.  We move a lot, so the portability of the inflatable screen is awesome, it is super lightweight and packs up into a really convenient size.  In Hawaii, space is an absolute premium, so this is a big plug.  I do wish that it allowed for rear projection and that the screen was a little easier to clean, the bugs and trees here leave a lot of marks.  However, I haven't noticed any of the marks when the movie is actually playing.  We upgraded from a 100" screen, but it seems like a huge leap in scale.  After 18 months of fairly constant use, the screen has held up pretty good, we will have to see oer the long term. I might go with a higher end screen down the road, but since we are just using it for backyard use, this was a great way to enter the "lifestyle!" 

http://www.backyardmovies.net/?p=328

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 07:21:48 pm »

I wrote a quick little review of my Gemmy Deluxe Screen on my blog. I know a lot of the people here use commercial grade screens and this is definitely a consumer grade product.  The Gemmy screen has been great for my family.  We move a lot, so the portability of the inflatable screen is awesome, it is super lightweight and packs up into a really convenient size.  In Hawaii, space is an absolute premium, so this is a big plug.  I do wish that it allowed for rear projection and that the screen was a little easier to clean, the bugs and trees here leave a lot of marks.  However, I haven't noticed any of the marks when the movie is actually playing.  We upgraded from a 100" screen, but it seems like a huge leap in scale.  After 18 months of fairly constant use, the screen has held up pretty good, we will have to see oer the long term. I might go with a higher end screen down the road, but since we are just using it for backyard use, this was a great way to enter the "lifestyle!" 

http://www.backyardmovies.net/?p=328

At one time I would do a write up every year on how you don't need to spend big bucks on your BYT. I think it has been a couple of years now since my last one LOL. Thanks for a good review of what I think is a great value screen. Yes it gets dirty but you don't see it once the movie starts. I love the Gemmy & I like the camp chef screen that I have seen in action. Great value from both companies.

I will say this one again...we are our biggest critic in BYT we will see things that others don't I made the mistake of allowing stress into my BYT........please don't do it folks.

Sit back & enjoy
movieman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 09:57:48 am »

For the couple extra dollars I would go with the LOCH screens (front and rear projection) They will fold and can be stored in a medium size tube for storage or moving around. Great for backyards

rg

rg
see you at the movies
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 11:04:54 am »

For the couple extra dollars I would go with the LOCH screens (front and rear projection) They will fold and can be stored in a medium size tube for storage or moving around. Great for backyards

rg

I have a LOCH screen that is still in the box, I just got it from Amazon and haven't had a chance to set it up.  I wanted to try rear projection, but I really enjoy how the blowers are self contained within the screen on the Gemmy.  I will have to do a review, thank you for the tip.

rich92069

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 01:02:19 pm »

actually very..very few members have professional inflatable screens at BYT. Very few have inflatable screens period. Most members hand craft their screens.  I surprisingly do own a couple gemmy screens. .. crap really. That said Gemmy come's in hand from time to time. Especially when friend or family ask me to borrow a screen. AS you pointed out they are very simple to operate.

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 02:31:40 pm »

actually very..very few members have professional inflatable screens at BYT. Very few have inflatable screens period. Most members hand craft their screens.  I surprisingly do own a couple gemmy screens. .. crap really. That said Gemmy come's in hand from time to time. Especially when friend or family ask me to borrow a screen. AS you pointed out they are very simple to operate.

Simple screens for simple minds that is me Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 12:53:48 am »

[/quote

I guess i just focused on those that do have inflatable screens and seemed like there were more than there are.  There are a lot of impressive setups, with quite a few that seem semi-permanent.  With my lifestyle I just can't imagine a setup like that at this point.  Maybe when I get back to the CONUS we might look at upgrading our setup, but right now I have been very happy with the portability of our setup.  Just one more item to add to our dream home punch list.

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 07:29:21 am »

The Gemmy has been perfect for my use
rich92069

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 05:05:56 am »

I guess i just focused on those that do have inflatable screens and seemed like there were more than there are.  There are a lot of impressive setups, with quite a few that seem semi-permanent.  With my lifestyle I just can't imagine a setup like that at this point.  Maybe when I get back to the CONUS we might look at upgrading our setup, but right now I have been very happy with the portability of our setup.  Just one more item to add to our dream home punch list.

I hear you... I have a passion for outdoor movies "period". The reality is I could project against anything and enjoy it. Largest benefit to inflatable screens is portability and you hit the nail on the head. In concept Gemmy is a great idea and suits it's purpose for most folks that buy it.

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 09:01:05 am »

I agree Rich As I posted I have seen a movie on a sheet & loved it. There is a screen for every budget. In aa perfect world & budget I would want to push a button & have a screen come out of a building or the ground.....Lotto please Grin Grin Grin
I hear you... I have a passion for outdoor movies "period". The reality is I could project against anything and enjoy it. Largest benefit to inflatable screens is portability and you hit the nail on the head. In concept Gemmy is a great idea and suits it's purpose for most folks that buy it.
rich92069

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 12:51:27 pm »

I agree Rich As I posted I have seen a movie on a sheet & loved it. There is a screen for every budget. In aa perfect world & budget I would want to push a button & have a screen come out of a building or the ground.....Lotto please Grin Grin Grin

LOL  so funny.. for years I have been dreaming up a permanent box I would keep my inflatable screen in the backyard. Where I just push a button and it inflates and pops out of the box ready to go. Then when finished I place back in the box for next use..

genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2016, 02:13:45 pm »

Ok that makes two of us ......we have a market Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: