Backyard Theater Forum
December 14, 2017, 01:10:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Backyard Theater Marketplace (linked from the left column in the forums)  Search eBay, craigslist, monitor Woot! and more!

Home Help Search Login Register   *
107 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:10:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Backyard Theater Marketplace
Projectors at Wal-Mart
Projectors at walmart
Recent
[November 03, 2017, 03:29:04 pm]

[October 21, 2017, 12:27:05 am]

[October 16, 2017, 02:36:34 pm]

[October 13, 2017, 10:21:19 am]

[September 23, 2017, 10:06:50 am]

[September 18, 2017, 10:29:07 pm]

[September 12, 2017, 09:43:17 pm]

[September 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am]

[August 31, 2017, 05:10:11 pm]

[August 17, 2017, 06:11:09 pm]
Add a BYT Badge to your website!

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies

Backyard Theater - Outdoor Movies  

Digg This!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What have been some of your most popular shows?  (Read 3304 times)
Mao

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2016, 08:36:40 pm »

I feel like I'm running out of classic films to watch!

I always like to put together some cool movies throughout my short 5 film summer season and feel like I've gone through most of the big heavy hitters. Am I forgetting some?

Already planning next year and like to give a sneak peak of the next season. Thinking about a 25th Anniversary of "Wayne's World" in 2017. Keep in mind that my crowd is older middle school to high school.

What have been some of your most well attended, successful screenings?

Backyard Theater - Featured Member" border="0
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 12:16:27 am »

This is kind of unique situation for us, but bar none it's Rocky Horror Picture show at the Sit & Vue.  We show it annually in August, and before the movie we show a 10 interview with the now closed Valley Drive manager.  He had managed the theatre from 1977 - 1981 and then again from 1991 until it closed in 2012, he has since passed away.  A lot of us have fond memories of the Valley, and of Kieth.  Rocky Horror was also a tradition at the Valley so it all ties together in huge tribute night.   

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
Redsparow1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 01:30:26 am »

I feel like I'm running out of classic films to watch!

I always like to put together some cool movies throughout my short 5 film summer season and feel like I've gone through most of the big heavy hitters. Am I forgetting some?

Already planning next year and like to give a sneak peak of the next season. Thinking about a 25th Anniversary of "Wayne's World" in 2017. Keep in mind that my crowd is older middle school to high school.

What have been some of your most well attended, successful screenings?

You inspired me to google 1992, some pretty classic movies came out that year: A league of their own, the Bodyguard, Under Siege, Might Ducks, 3 Ninjas, Aladdin, Unforgiven, The Last of the Mohicans*, Patriot Games, Buffy the Vampire Slayer*, Sneakers*, The Distinguished Gentlman, My Cousin Vinny*.  The * ones might be worth checking it out.

Please check out my blog at Backyard Movies thanks!
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 08:15:25 am »

Well when you say classic I go back to the 30's ......No I am not that old but my taste is Shocked Shocked

I think the 1938 Robin hood is a great,  great film.  There are so many...& it is in color.

I had seen it many times on TV but when I watched it on the big screen Wow a new movie...

Ok more modern Apollo 13 is great  James bond  I could go on & on   The perfect storm.....The good bad & ugly, there are 1000,s

Why not the 20"s you may ask??? Well I can never get the sound right Grin Grin Grin Grin
Mao

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 05:55:06 pm »

Decided to end this season with a 20th Anniversary screening of "Scream" in a couple weeks. Last weekend, we had a great turnout for "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery"!

I'm going to do "Rocky Horror" next season, along with "Wayne's World" and maybe "American Graffiti"...

Kids are between sophomore in high school and middle of middle school, so I can't get away with kiddie/family shows anymore, it seems.

Backyard Theater - Featured Member" border="0
SR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 01:50:15 pm »

Decided to end this season with a 20th Anniversary screening of "Scream" in a couple weeks. Last weekend, we had a great turnout for "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery"!

I'm going to do "Rocky Horror" next season, along with "Wayne's World" and maybe "American Graffiti"...

Kids are between sophomore in high school and middle of middle school, so I can't get away with kiddie/family shows anymore, it seems.
I think you'll be very happy with your choices.  So what night will be your final night of the season for you?  Labor day weekend will be the last night for the Night-Sky but the Sit & Vue will stay open at least another couple weeks depending on if the weather holds out for us or not. 

SIT & VUE "3" OUTDOOR THEATRES

PLEASE VISIT US ON THE WEB!
WWW.SITANDVUEOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM

WWW.NIGHT-SKYOUTDOORTHEATRE.WEEBLY.COM
genesis76

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 03:02:50 pm »

I think you'll be very happy with your choices.  So what night will be your final night of the season for you?  Labor day weekend will be the last night for the Night-Sky but the Sit & Vue will stay open at least another couple weeks depending on if the weather holds out for us or not. 

You guys are talking closing I am talking opening LOL Another crazy summer taking care of people.....no time
fastbilly1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 12:38:10 pm »

My most attended have been the usual summer movies for those who grew up in the 80s and 90s: Star Warsi, Indiana Jones, Marvel movies, James Bond, Disney Animated Movies, Jaws, ID4, Hook, Willy Wonka, Mel Brooks Films, etc.  Concerts and Musicals also have had fairly large attendances - specifically Queen: Hungarian Rhapsody, P!NK: Funhouse Tour - Live in Australia, Mumford and Sons: Live at Red Rock, Rocky Horror, Singing in the Rain, Moulin Rouge, and ofcourse Wizard of Oz.

My least attended have been Asterix vs the Vikings (French Animated film), Army of Darkness, and Jason and the Argonauts (Harryhausen).  I like to believe these were mostly due to spotty weather, even if it was bone dry the entire time.

Then again we had pretty packed yard for Microcosmos, Russian Ark, and random episodes of MST3k, so maybe my friends are not the right ones for a focus group.
lowcrawl

Lost Ark Theater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 12:13:46 pm »

I was able to do a double header last Friday, Pitch Perfect 1 & 2...  it was my first seeing either of them and I'm was meh on them but we had a good size showing.   In honor of Gene Wilder, I've scheduled to show Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstien, already have a large RSVP list of people attending for them... 

"Hey, hey, bing bing bing bing bang! POPCORN!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: